Hacking Suggestion Emulation ON the Switch

TotalInsanity4

GBAtemp Supreme Overlord
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
People who thinks that the Switch can handle xbox, ps2 or gnc emulation are sadly mistaken and probably don't know a jack shit about emulation.

Pip'
Someone doesn't own a Shield TV

It's possible with the hardware, it just depends on how much work emulator devs are willing to put in. I personally think Dolphin will be the first high caliber (taking full advantage of hardware) emulator on the Switch, but PS2 and Xbox won't happen, you're probably right there

Reactions: Thirty3Three

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Someone doesn't own a Shield TV

It's possible with the hardware, it just depends on how much work emulator devs are willing to put in. I personally think Dolphin will be the first high caliber (taking full advantage of hardware) emulator on the Switch, but PS2 and Xbox won't happen, you're probably right there
someone doesnt know that the switch cpu is capped at half of the shield tv and the gpu at less 33% either.

Reactions: SLiV3R

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Guessing overclocking will be in the cards later on in docked mode
yeah becuase with the wii wide oppen we got overclocking right? or wait on vwii we couldnt even overclock to wiiu mode either, we cant overclock any console ever afaik. the only thing similalar but isnt much is using the n3ds clock speed on normal games wich isnt even overclocking the cpu per say.

TotalInsanity4

GBAtemp Supreme Overlord
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yeah becuase with the wii wide oppen we got overclocking right? or wait on vwii we couldnt even overclock to wiiu mode either, we cant overclock any console ever afaik. the only thing similalar but isnt much is using the n3ds clock speed on normal games wich isnt even overclocking the cpu per say.
Wasn't it possible on the PSP (133MHz > 333MHz), or am I misinformed?

Spider_Man

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, you don't like what Nintendo has to offer... And instead of crying to them or just moving on, you post on a Nintendo centered forum? Nice logic.
nintendo centered forum maybe used to be, but its like many other sites covering all systems so maybe your term for now calling it centered is that its got alot of people who love nintendo.

as seen in other posts, these people refuse other peoples negative views and expect them to accept your loving views...... this post i had said nothing yet the defending lovers had to quote.

emulation on a system that struggles to run its own games - yes i agree its going to be perfect for emulating other systems (when systems with better hardware have issues) that logic makes perfect sense.

most emulators are ported from what the pc has, most are actually nearly dead with little updates such as ps1/n64/dreamcast and older

Spider_Man

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the wiiu barely has emulation and that's fully hacked...
the wii u probably may get some emu's down the line but again probably wont be much, its rather like a beefed up ps3 which also didnt get a great deal.

also the install rate of the wii u isnt that great and i guess now its been hacked it will see a spike a bit like the vita.

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the wiiu barely has emulation and that's fully hacked...

GBA
Snes
NES
Mega CD
Megadrive
CPS1
CPS2
CPS3
MAME
DS VC injection
N64 VC injection

All running full speed without speed hacks or frameskipping, something the Wii couldn't do.

Yeah, the Wii U barely has emulation all right :P

Bladexdsl

fanboys triggered 9k+
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
what retroarch? and that's it. also the wiiu is the biggest pain in the ass the hack what happened to letterbomb and bootmii methods. nope gotta use a stupid annoying browser each time. fuck the wiiu :glare:

Last edited by Bladexdsl,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: Or, I also heard that if you use flash memory, it can act as more "RAM" at least windows tell me...