Kingdom Hearts series gets a new rhythm game titled Melody of Memory

There's a new Kingdom Hearts game on the way, as Square Enix Japan has announced Kingdom Hearts: Melody of Memory. This will be a spinoff in the form of a rhythm game, where you control characters across three different lanes on rails, and must time your attacks to the beat of the music. Over 140 different songs spanning the entire franchise will be included in the Melody of Memory, which launches this year in Japan, for Xbox One, PlayStation 4, and Nintendo Switch.

soratheultima

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
one thing is porting a very simple rythm game... another is porting an entire game, if they wanted to port basicaly the stopry so far they could since all the games are last gen games which shouldnt have any problems running on the switch, why they havent yet is beyond me since im preety sure it would sell well. KH3 is another story but the older games dont have any reason to never been ported to the switch.
KH3 shouldn't be a problem. It is an Unreal Engine 4 game and I know the switch has problems running certain games with that engine but with enough tweaks, the switch should be able to run it.

DSoryu

GBA/NDS Maniac
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Anotación 2020-06-16 140413.png

All aboard the feel coaster ;_;

_v3

Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Ok so it's basically Groove Coaster x Theatrhythm x Kingdom Hearts, nice.
As a huge rhythm games fan I'm looking forward to this.

RedBlueGreen

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Oh boy a rhythm game that's definitely gonna be canon. If we have to get nonsense spin offs, can they just be something like Re:Chain or Memories?

I'm hoping that Kairi scene is just teasing another DLC for KHIII, though knowing Square Enix there's a good chance they'll actually expand the KHIII story in this game.

Calling it now, that scene is Kairi searching for pieces if Sora so she can save him.

Or this game is Sora connecting to everybody's hearts and memories to gain the power to bring himself back.

Last edited by RedBlueGreen,

osaka35

Instructional Designer
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I wonder if they are announcing because of the leak earlier. I still haven't finished 3 yet, it's been a slogfest. But I do like my rhythm games.

Kurt91

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nomura, I love the series. I don't mind all the spin-off games, and I get that you need to play more than Kingdom Hearts 1, 2, and 3 to get the plot. Still, can we PLEASE keep canon plot development to games in the same general genre? I can work my way through card-based gimmicks like Re: Chain of Memories, and I trudged through 358/2 Days and Re;Coded. I admit, I lost interest in the mobile game, but only because I had been dumping hours into the game without any actual plot progression going on, and I can't afford to buy my way through the gacha system. But, a rhythm game?! My forte is action-adventure and RPGs, just like every other game in the series. I like music games from time to time. I played Theatrhythm or whatever the Final Fantasy rhythm game was called, but I'm not good enough at them to get through a whole game! And I'm going to miss out on more plot developments beyond the mobile game?!

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
You won't get to like this series even if you make it one of my fave genres, nope.
Besides, when your story is more convoluted and confusing than effing metal gear solid, you know you're dealing with a real mess.

Kingdom Hearts Racing next, please.
Not before I get my effing sequel to Chocobo Racing, goddammit! D:<
I'm still fucking salty with Squeenix for cancelling the 3ds game, it was one of the reason why I bought that dang thing! >: (
I'm being stupid-angry here, I'm not really mad with you or what, eh.

kumikochan

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
It's a game where a copy of kairi her heart is made in a digital manner and where Namine hence the name '' Melody of memory - chain of memories '' helps out to guide digital Sora through it through chains similar in chain of memories to find out where Sora might be. We already know tho by diving into Riku his dreams but all characters were looking for Sora in different spots. Riku through his own dreams, while Roxas, Lea and Xion through the dark realm while this game focuses on the search that Kairi was conducting

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Nomura, I love the series. I don't mind all the spin-off games, and I get that you need to play more than Kingdom Hearts 1, 2, and 3 to get the plot. Still, can we PLEASE keep canon plot development to games in the same general genre? I can work my way through card-based gimmicks like Re: Chain of Memories, and I trudged through 358/2 Days and Re;Coded. I admit, I lost interest in the mobile game, but only because I had been dumping hours into the game without any actual plot progression going on, and I can't afford to buy my way through the gacha system. But, a rhythm game?! My forte is action-adventure and RPGs, just like every other game in the series. I like music games from time to time. I played Theatrhythm or whatever the Final Fantasy rhythm game was called, but I'm not good enough at them to get through a whole game! And I'm going to miss out on more plot developments beyond the mobile game?!
You don't need 2. Look for Everglow on Youtube. That channel always uploads translated JP scenes from the mobile game that are important

You won't get to like this series even if you make it one of my fave genres, nope.
Besides, when your story is more convoluted and confusing than effing metal gear solid, you know you're dealing with a real mess.

Not before I get my effing sequel to Chocobo Racing, goddammit! D:<
I'm still fucking salty with Squeenix for cancelling the 3ds game, it was one of the reason why I bought that dang thing! >: (
I'm being stupid-angry here, I'm not really mad with you or what, eh.
It's not, it's only that way for the people that didn't follow the complete story to begin with. That's like reading the back of a book and complaining it is confusing afterwards while not even bothering to read the book to begin with.

Last edited by kumikochan,

MasterJ360

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well they made a rhythm game for FF so I guess this couldn't be helped, another spinoff to follow the story even further. Oh btw lets make Kairi relevant this time...

MadonnaProject

Trophies
XP
Country
My gosh maybe I have grown up or just got over it but this japanese cliche kitsch BS really grinds on me now.

They literally have no clue what story they want to tell, just a few bare bones ideas which they tack on to create an unintelligent, unintelligible narrative to sell to emotionally weak fans.

"Kingdumoh Haaarthuh and the toirat offa memoriche"

Memories memories blah blah blah. Pathetic and embarassing.

I bet I know how the starting FMV goes. Shot of the sky, feathers everywhere, sora looks into the far off, his eyes change to kairi who is looking back, but its not kairi its someone else who looks just like her, and another sora lookalike is battling for her, then kairi opens her hand and a cherry blossom petal falls out, as the real kairi gets a tear in her eyes, then sora and she are falling, then they land and fight some so and so".

Such lame garbage.

Reactions: Bladexdsl

Bladexdsl

fanboys triggered 9k+
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
wow and i thought KH3 was bad....

Could we be getting ports of all the Kingdom Hearts games????
kh3 wouldn't run on the switch it had fps issues on the damn ps4 even

Kingdom Hearts Racing next, please.
fuck no don't give them ideas

Bimmel

~ Game Soundtrack Collector ~
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Down at the seeea, down at the seeea.. I would never buy this crap, not even for freee..

Sorry, this song. :wub:

You could watch a Lets Play instead.

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
wow and i thought KH3 was bad....

kh3 wouldn't run on the switch it had fps issues on the damn ps4 even

fuck no don't give them ideas
i wouldnt mind they porting the "story so far" they are all last gen games and should run fine is ported, maybe someday who knows.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Keep current Gen consoles stock mod last gen imo