XP
Country
United States

leonmagnus99

Trophies
XP
Country
Iraq
hot damn, 128gigs and still not enough ??? XD well buddy i have only a 64gig micro sd, i tend to delete games that i dont play or didnt like to not waste space !

so right now i have about 30-40 games installed and i still have about 14gigs free ,

( i was actually abit scared to go above 64gigs cause thinking it might have higher chances to corrupt data somehow ? ) so im good with my 64gig.

Reactions: Subtle Demise

Drak0rex

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
here is a novel idea fill your current sd buy a second 128gb and ready for this . . . swap them out when needed like you once did for retail games before you decided to fill your 3ds sd like it was a pokedex

its not that complex
But... I gotta catch 'em all...

Seriously though, it's not like I just go down Nintendo's release list and start downloading. I download what I know I like, then watch youtube on any I need to make up my mind on. Not to mention, there are all kinds of emulators with tons of games for each of those. And really? swap cards? on a NEW 3DS? I'm pretty sure that will be a last resort.

duffmmann

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I also have a 128GB card in my 3DS, and its freaking loaded with games, including all the roms and whatnot for emulators. Even still, I have at least 30 more free gigs left. There isn't much to add at this point, as I've gotten every game worth getting for the 3DS, sure some more will come out in the next couple of years, but it wont add up to 30 gbs. The only thing that could quickly add up that space would be if a good homebrew video player is created and so I load up the SD card with videos. Now, if my 32GB card in the r4i gold card was instead sharing the 3DS storage, I would then actually be just about out of space.

Drak0rex

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The only thing that could quickly add up that space would be if a good homebrew video player is created and so I load up the SD card with videos.
Off the top of my head, we have 3 of those already. Sunshell, Organiz3d, and Lua Player Plus 3DS.

Seriel

Doing her best
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Off the top of my head, we have 3 of those already. Sunshell, Organiz3d, and Lua Player Plus 3DS.
Also don't forget 3DS Camera. It's a pain to convert the videos to the right format and theyre in 10 Min chunks, but I managed to watch the whole first season of SAO on the move :yaynds:

duffmmann

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

None of these play typical video types and require you to convert to odd formats. Not worth the time to do that for each video when I know that in time a player will come out that can play the likes of .mp4, .avi, and maybe .mkv

Reactions: Shadowfied

Seriel

Doing her best
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
None of these play typical video types and require you to convert to odd formats. Not worth the time to do that for each video when I know that in time a player will come out that can play the likes of .mp4, .avi, and maybe .mkv
3DS Camera runs AVI's.

duffmmann

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
3DS Camera runs AVI's.

Yeah, but its a pain to have your viewing experience interrupted every 10 minutes. I know there are means to play video on the 3DS, but I'm waiting for the inevitable homebrew that does what we all want it to do, play typical video files without having to load another file after only 10 minutes of play.

Reactions: Seriel

Seriel

Doing her best
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Yeah, but its a pain to have your viewing experience interrupted every 10 minutes. I know there are means to play video on the 3DS, but I'm waiting for the inevitable homebrew that does what we all want it to do, play typical video files without having to load another file after only 10 minutes of play.
lol after a while you get used to it :P
I've also watched a whole ep of SAO in Sunshell before but I don't recommend it.

duffmmann

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
lol after a while you get used to it :P
I've also watched a whole ep of SAO in Sunshell before but I don't recommend it.

Personally, for now, I use plex.tv with a media server I set up there. When set up properly you can even stream movies in stereoscopic 3D, its cool, but means you need to keep your computer on with the plex media server on it, and your 3DS needs to be connected to the internet in order to watch your content when you're away from the computer, which really in a world where any one our phones can be set to be our mobile hotspot, isn't the biggest of deals. It'd just be some nice homebrew to have at this point.

Seriel

Doing her best
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Personally, for now, I use plex.tv with a media server I set up there. When set up properly you can even stream movies in stereoscopic 3D, its cool, but means you need to keep your computer on with the plex media server on it, and your 3DS needs to be connected to the internet in order to watch your content when you're away from the computer, which really in a world where any one our phones can be set to be our mobile hotspot, isn't the biggest of deals. It'd just be some nice homebrew to have at this point.
Ah okay. This doesn't work with O3DS right? It's a pain to get videos on an O3DS.
Once, because I didn't want to convert a large video, I uploaded it to Youtube, set it to unlisted and played it from my 3DS Youtube app. xD

duffmmann

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ah okay. This doesn't work with O3DS right? It's a pain to get videos on an O3DS.
Once, because I didn't want to convert a large video, I uploaded it to Youtube, set it to unlisted and played it from my 3DS Youtube app. xD

Yeah, my understanding is it only works on N3DS models. Not sure, haven't tested on an O3DS personally.

Reactions: Seriel

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @K3Nv2, Only the good clips.