• Friendly reminder: The politics section is a place where a lot of differing opinions are raised. You may not like what you read here but it is someone's opinion. As long as the debate is respectful you are free to debate freely. Also, the views and opinions expressed by forum members may not necessarily reflect those of GBAtemp. Messages that the staff consider offensive or inflammatory may be removed in line with existing forum terms and conditions.

opinions on teaching about lgbtq+ in school

Status
Not open for further replies.

mikefor20

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
whats your opinion on me, im 15 and i am bisexual, i have been since 2021, i wasnt brainwashed by anyone. What do you think of that im just curious
You're you. You're just like anyone. You're just as weird, confused and needy as anyone. You are young. People change. You don't have a clue who you are. Just go with it. If someone calls you names or won't accept you, so what? Let them. Roll with it. Don't worry about it. Move on. My advice would be to stop trying so hard and enjoy your life. Fuck what anyone says. You'll be 40 before you know it. Don't waste your time crying or hollering. Have fun before it's over.

Bunjolio

the prettiest girl ever
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You're you. You're just like anyone. You're just as weird, confused and needy as anyone. You are young. People change. You don't have a clue who you are. Just go with it. If someone calls you names or won't accept you, so what? Let them. Roll with it. Don't worry about it. Move on. My advice would be to stop trying so hard and enjoy your life. Fuck what anyone says. You'll be 40 before you know it. Don't waste your time crying or hollering. Have fun before it's over.
yeah, i don't wanna let my life waste away

RAHelllord

Literally the wurst.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
It is absolutely fascinating to watch a bunch of adults verbally berate a teenager on the internet for asking questions. I hope you are proud of yourselves.

As for OP, sex ed should be required in school because a lot of people have completely stupid notions about basically every single topic involving sex, be it basic biology (not knowing how the body parts work, not knowing how periods work, not knowing what pregnancies entail, etc), to how to be safe during intercourse (condoms, preventing pregnancies, preventing wounds), how consent works (don't touch people that don't want to be touched, you have the last word about your own body and nobody else), to stuff like people having attractions and that those attractions don't necessarily are only towards the other sex.
Obviously this doesn't need to be taught at once on the very first day of school, but having it split up over a few grades is pretty much the perfect way to deal with it and to ensure everyone reaches a base level of understanding that's better than the US's current approach. Plenty of people still believe pulling out is effective birth control (it is absolutely not), believe that "sperm can't travel upwards" (it doesn't need to), don't know which hole does what on the other gender, and just so much more dumb shit. Anyone suggesting it's the parents duty to teach basic biology and ethics is setting up a whole bunch of teens for failure thanks to ill educated parents.

Personally I got my first class of sex ed around 9, which just involved basic anatomy of either sex, and none of the functions explained beyond basic "that's where pee (professionally called urine) comes from", "this is where babies come from", and then basically after every year it went into a little more detail about things. Waiting with the first parts of sex ed until age 13 or later is stupid, as girls can have their first period at 9 so that's a good place to start to hopefully catch even the earliest girls so they know what might be coming. I believe we talked about actual sex at around age 12 or 13, but by then we already knew all the body parts and what puberty entails for everyone, a solid foundation for a bunch of kids about to transform into horny teenagers.
Unsurprisingly out of our 3000 students only 2 got pregnant as teenagers during my 10 years there, compare this to seemingly 25 births per 1000 teens in the US and you can see what differences a proper sex education can do.

As for LGBTQIA+ issues, that should likely be handled in ethics or a special class, but also covered in history classes with how perception of it changed through the ages, considering none of those things are modern creations. Telling people that LGBTQIA+ individuals exist is as far from grooming as it gets, the point is to educate that it exists and give the kids the means to explore their own little minds a little. This gives them tools needed to express themselves properly, to their peers and their parents. This even benefits kids outside of the LGBTQIA+ spectrum because they, too, get the tools to properly express they're not part of it, or might even help them understand some of their peers that are in there a little better.

Deleted member 672055

Trophies
XP
It is absolutely fascinating to watch a bunch of adults verbally berate a teenager on the internet for asking questions. I hope you are proud of yourselves.

As for OP, sex ed should be required in school because a lot of people have completely stupid notions about basically every single topic involving sex, be it basic biology (not knowing how the body parts work, not knowing how periods work, not knowing what pregnancies entail, etc), to how to be safe during intercourse (condoms, preventing pregnancies, preventing wounds), how consent works (don't touch people that don't want to be touched, you have the last word about your own body and nobody else), to stuff like people having attractions and that those attractions don't necessarily are only towards the other sex.
Obviously this doesn't need to be taught at once on the very first day of school, but having it split up over a few grades is pretty much the perfect way to deal with it and to ensure everyone reaches a base level of understanding that's better than the US's current approach. Plenty of people still believe pulling out is effective birth control (it is absolutely not), believe that "sperm can't travel upwards" (it doesn't need to), don't know which hole does what on the other gender, and just so much more dumb shit. Anyone suggesting it's the parents duty to teach basic biology and ethics is setting up a whole bunch of teens for failure thanks to ill educated parents.

Personally I got my first class of sex ed around 9, which just involved basic anatomy of either sex, and none of the functions explained beyond basic "that's where pee (professionally called urine) comes from", "this is where babies come from", and then basically after every year it went into a little more detail about things. Waiting with the first parts of sex ed until age 13 or later is stupid, as girls can have their first period at 9 so that's a good place to start to hopefully catch even the earliest girls so they know what might be coming. I believe we talked about actual sex at around age 12 or 13, but by then we already knew all the body parts and what puberty entails for everyone, a solid foundation for a bunch of kids about to transform into horny teenagers.
Unsurprisingly out of our 3000 students only 2 got pregnant as teenagers during my 10 years there, compare this to seemingly 25 births per 1000 teens in the US and you can see what differences a proper sex education can do.

As for LGBTQIA+ issues, that should likely be handled in ethics or a special class, but also covered in history classes with how perception of it changed through the ages, considering none of those things are modern creations. Telling people that LGBTQIA+ individuals exist is as far from grooming as it gets, the point is to educate that it exists and give the kids the means to explore their own little minds a little. This gives them tools needed to express themselves properly, to their peers and their parents. This even benefits kids outside of the LGBTQIA+ spectrum because they, too, get the tools to properly express they're not part of it, or might even help them understand some of their peers that are in there a little better.
holy moly is this a legendary display of intelligent life on gbatemp political section?? truly a moment to capture

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, if we didn't have people with hatred so strong, that they literally kick other people out of their homes for it, schools wouldn't have to take anti-bullying measures. Not the school fault that some people want to pretend that they don't exist, let alone protect them.

Reactions: Bunjolio

Acid_Snake

Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Sex ed is definitely needed, in Middle School and up of course (Elementary school is still too young), and of course it should include lgbt+, last time I checked we all use condoms the same way. Being gay doesn't suddendly make your dick work differently from mine (other than, you know, who does or doesn't make it tingle).

Now the issue with lgbt+ isn't exactly sex ed, since regular sex ed class already covers that by itself, but more of an issue with bullying.
Kids should be taught not to shame others for being different or not fitting with the norm.

And this goes farther than just lgbt, many other kids for many other reasons get shamed and bullied.
The nerdy guy who gets straight A's and plays D&D in the library, will get bullied.
The latino guy who still speaks english with a heavy accent and makes mistakes when speaking, will get bullied.

As for my last thoughts: I think politics have played a huge deal in rotting away the relations between heterosexuals and homosexuals.
Politics wants you to think that if you're gay you must vote left, and anyone who votes right is a homophobe. Reality can't be any more different than that, I've met my fair share of right-wing homosexuals and left-wing homophobes and they aren't exactly rare or difficult to find.

So basically what was once a private matter of personal preference that had nothing to do with who you vote or don't vote has now turned into a public discorse that everyone has to take a position and have an opinion on, when the truth is that the vast mayority of people haven't even met a homosexual in their life and don't know enough about the subject or simply don't care, and these people are now being forced to take a side, and they don't always take the side that you want.

Smoker1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thought: They are apparently pushing this on Kids as young as Kindergarten, such as asking what they Identify as. What is a Child like that going to say, "I'm a Unicorn!!!" ???? Besides, they are also pushing the whole, "You were Born in a different Body" crap to them as well.
How is a Child that young going to Understand the Complexities of that choice??? Especially, once you undergo the Transition, you can NOT undo it, and later on in Life, they might decide they want Kids, but uh oh, the Medications they are on are for Life, and it makes them Sterile. Effectively, they are doing Population Control, by Sterilizing Children.

Not to mention, when the Child later determines they are Sterile, and cannot undo the Transition, they become Depressed, and possibly might harm themselves, or others, so there goes their Constitutional Right to their 2A (even though they will just find another way). But also, their Parent/s will lose their 2A Right as well as a Precaution, or if you have Concerns about it all, or Objections to the Sterilization and Surgeries, you are labeled Abusive, and there go your 2A Rights there as well. Interesting how that all works, huh?

Reactions: mikefor20

mikefor20

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Berate? Hardly. You don't like what someone says so you lable it. Just like everyone. The only way we will stop dividing people is to stop labels and banner waiving. All the opressors have flags, slogans and all cater to feelings. Bad or good, right or wrong. To some, LGBTQIA entities are opressors too. They have lots of flags too. Fact is we're all people. Live and let live. Anything else is just part of the problem. If your goal is to keep the current construct and make people okay with it, good luck. Human kind wants strife. The only way things will change is if we, as individuals, except that WE are different. Except that YOU are different. Trying to explain the differences is futile. Just tell people from the get go that there is nobody like you. It's okay to be unique. It's the only truth. Mind your own business and know that you too are just a human. Teaching sexuality is a waste of time becaus nobody fits in the alphabet. The "spectrum" has 8 billion variants. We're all different. We're all just people. That's it

osm70

Trophies
XP
Country
Czech Republic
Sex ed is definitely needed, in Middle School and up of course (Elementary school is still too young), and of course it should include lgbt+, last time I checked we all use condoms the same way. Being gay doesn't suddendly make your dick work differently from mine (other than, you know, who does or doesn't make it tingle).

Now the issue with lgbt+ isn't exactly sex ed, since regular sex ed class already covers that by itself, but more of an issue with bullying.
Kids should be taught not to shame others for being different or not fitting with the norm.

And this goes farther than just lgbt, many other kids for many other reasons get shamed and bullied.
The nerdy guy who gets straight A's and plays D&D in the library, will get bullied.
The latino guy who still speaks english with a heavy accent and makes mistakes when speaking, will get bullied.

As for my last thoughts: I think politics have played a huge deal in rotting away the relations between heterosexuals and homosexuals.
Politics wants you to think that if you're gay you must vote left, and anyone who votes right is a homophobe. Reality can't be any more different than that, I've met my fair share of right-wing homosexuals and left-wing homophobes and they aren't exactly rare or difficult to find.

So basically what was once a private matter of personal preference that had nothing to do with who you vote or don't vote has now turned into a public discorse that everyone has to take a position and have an opinion on, when the truth is that the vast mayority of people haven't even met a homosexual in their life and don't know enough about the subject or simply don't care, and these people are now being forced to take a side, and they don't always take the side that you want.

Wow, it's almosts as if sexuality had nothing to do with politics, isn't it? I will never understand why most of the world made it a political issue.

Thought: They are apparently pushing this on Kids as young as Kindergarten, such as asking what they Identify as. What is a Child like that going to say, "I'm a Unicorn!!!" ???? Besides, they are also pushing the whole, "You were Born in a different Body" crap to them as well.
How is a Child that young going to Understand the Complexities of that choice??? Especially, once you undergo the Transition, you can NOT undo it, and later on in Life, they might decide they want Kids, but uh oh, the Medications they are on are for Life, and it makes them Sterile. Effectively, they are doing Population Control, by Sterilizing Children.

Not to mention, when the Child later determines they are Sterile, and cannot undo the Transition, they become Depressed, and possibly might harm themselves, or others, so there goes their Constitutional Right to their 2A (even though they will just find another way). But also, their Parent/s will lose their 2A Right as well as a Precaution, or if you have Concerns about it all, or Objections to the Sterilization and Surgeries, you are labeled Abusive, and there go your 2A Rights there as well. Interesting how that all works, huh?

I have no idea if that actually happens, but if it does... yeah, that's bad.

Reactions: Smoker1

trepp0

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
whats your opinion on me, im 15 and i am bisexual, i have been since 2021, i wasnt brainwashed by anyone. What do you think of that im just curious
you were most likely brainwashed imo and you just don't know it, or you are in denial.
Post automatically merged:

this, besides the berating part.

Deleted member 672055

Trophies
XP
you were most likely brainwashed imo and you just don't know it, or you are in denial.
trying to figure out who would brainwash me while being raised in a heavily conservative (if not borderline nazi given their open admirations of certain groups) environment. care to explain?

and no, i won't take any explaination involving americunt politics, as they are not relevant to me at all

The west has fallen into the hands of degenerates.
profile pic checks out

RAHelllord

Literally the wurst.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Berate? Hardly. You don't like what someone says so you lable it. Just like everyone. The only way we will stop dividing people is to stop labels and banner waiving. All the opressors have flags, slogans and all cater to feelings. Bad or good, right or wrong. To some, LGBTQIA entities are opressors too. They have lots of flags too. Fact is we're all people. Live and let live. Anything else is just part of the problem. If your goal is to keep the current construct and make people okay with it, good luck. Human kind wants strife. The only way things will change is if we, as individuals, except that WE are different. Except that YOU are different. Trying to explain the differences is futile. Just tell people from the get go that there is nobody like you. It's okay to be unique. It's the only truth. Mind your own business and know that you too are just a human. Teaching sexuality is a waste of time becaus nobody fits in the alphabet. The "spectrum" has 8 billion variants. We're all different. We're all just people. That's it
What makes you think I am talking about you?

Besides that, putting things into boxes is human nature, that's how our brains operate. We're pattern seeking by our very nature and combining that with our drive to be social it simply creates the desire to belong to something. The trick is to ensure that people aren't being shoved into a box against their will, but to show people what all boxes exist so they can either pick one they like for themselves, or even make their own. And then invite more people to show up and hang out. It's even okay for people to switch boxes later, whether they don't like it there anymore, just want a change of scenery, or for any other reason.
You're effectively arguing the nihilistic approach that designating things like "finger" is too far, because there's also toes and they're not covered, somehow.

Also, really, "sexuality is weird, people like what they like, or they might not like anything at all", with a bit more fluff is literally inclusive of every single person on the planet, and a great starting point to help give people the vocabulary so they can better explain themselves and understand others. You are for better communication to tear down walls, that will only happen if everyone has the actually effective tools at their disposal to dismantle them. And thoughtful education is the key to that goal.

zekro94

Trophies
XP
Country
lgbtq people have existed for a very long time though
That doesn't negate what I said, after all it's just an opinion. For me personally the only ones that I recognize as valid are only the LGB, that's it. Even that is something that shouldn't be taught in schools since it's something one discovers by itself, it's not something that should be discussed in schools, it's something that happens outside the school, in a more private enviroment (meaning that if you fall in love it doesn't need to be publicly displayed for everyone to see, that includes straight people) And when I say private it's not like I'm saying closed spaces, but in places that people can be free to express it without others having to know it

Bunjolio

the prettiest girl ever
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

this, besides the berating part.
why would you assume i was brainwashed? because of my age?

That doesn't negate what I said, after all it's just an opinion. For me personally the only ones that I recognize as valid are only the LGB, that's it. Even that is something that shouldn't be taught in schools since it's something one discovers by itself, it's not something that should be discussed in schools, it's something that happens outside the school, in a more private enviroment (meaning that if you fall in love it doesn't need to be publicly displayed for everyone to see, that includes straight people) And when I say private it's not like I'm saying closed spaces, but in places that people can be free to express it without others having to know it
i think you forgot the T there lol

NO WAYY!!
holy moly is this a legendary display of intelligent life on gbatemp political section?? truly a moment to capture

The west has fallen into the hands of degenerates.
who are these degenerates

zekro94

Trophies
XP
Country
i think you forgot the T there lol
No, I left it out togheter with the q+, for me a man can't become a woman and a woman can't become a man. I've met a trans guy, pretty chill dude but I would never say he's a woman. Life is like this whether we like it or not, biology can't be changed, chromosomes can't be changed, so that's why for me lgbtq things should not be taught in schools(one of the reasons anyways, I already said some of them on prior posts) I know you may not like some of the answers but that's the way of life, you will encounter situations where you'll just have to face the facts and move on. About the thing about you being bisexual:yeah, well whatever, you do what you want with your life how you want it. Being bisexual shouldn't be a defining trait or a label, just a part of you, the same way as it would be if you're good at soccer for example, it should be a part of a whole, not a only whole thing. You'll find people that will accept that and others that won't, it's in your hands how you handle it

Deleted member 672055

Trophies
XP
No, I left it out togheter with the q+, for me a man can't become a woman and a woman can't become a man. I've met a trans guy, pretty chill dude but I would never say he's a woman. Life is like this whether we like it or not, biology can't be changed, chromosomes can't be changed
say you never went past primary school biology without saying you never went past primary school biology

you do know... studies like biology/chemistry/physics isn't as simple as 1+1...right?? otherwise we all would be experts and the title of a 'scientist' would be rendered null

you like to boast about biology yet you deny the existence of gender dysphoria (which is a medical thing, not necessarily to be mistaken with the social gender roles which are a separate issue), pathetic but can't expect more from an average moron of the political ghetto

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Keep current Gen consoles stock mod last gen imo