• Friendly reminder: The politics section is a place where a lot of differing opinions are raised. You may not like what you read here but it is someone's opinion. As long as the debate is respectful you are free to debate freely. Also, the views and opinions expressed by forum members may not necessarily reflect those of GBAtemp. Messages that the staff consider offensive or inflammatory may be removed in line with existing forum terms and conditions.

Opinions on the anti-lgbtq legislation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

wartutor

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What you say it in should rely on context, not as a fact. If someone WAS however, acting very inappropriately towards kids then that is a "pedophile", you don't justify people to be a predator just because of their looks, sexuality or other beliefs. This can be seen as offensive or annoying to many.

If you have an issue with that, then educate yourself. Everywhere you go, you will meet people who are different to you. As long as you treat them with respect, then there should be no problems.
1. Exactly it should rely on context. You dress proper and lady like to go read to children thats fine...but fishnets and thongs like your goin out to the club like most i seen ready to children...no not ok. You dont want people telling the lgbtq community what to do and to accept them for who they are but you what to tell them how to feel and what to believe.

And for the 2nd part i think you missunderstood me i am always nice and polite to people i meet (actually have quite a few friends that are gay/lesbian) and i accept them for who they are . I was saying getting your feelings hurt and making a big deal out of someone calling you he/him instead of her/she (or whatever the flavor of the month is) is just stupid. It doesnt hurt you if jo-shmo called you him instead of her and screaming at someone wanting them to change is exactly what you dont want them to do to you (not you specifically idk if or how you identify just using it as a reference). Everyone will never accept everyone or everything and your life would be alot better if you realized that and quit worrying about what some dumb fuck that you probably wont see again thinks.

Reactions: Snintendog

supermist

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
1. Exactly it should rely on context. You dress proper and lady like to go read to children thats fine...but fishnets and thongs like your goin out to the club like most i seen ready to children...no not ok. You dont want people telling the lgbtq community what to do and to accept them for who they are but you what to tell them how to feel and what to believe.

And for the 2nd part i think you missunderstood me i am always nice and polite to people i meet (actually have quite a few friends that are gay/lesbian) and i accept them for who they are . I was saying getting your feelings hurt and making a big deal out of someone calling you he/him instead of her/she (or whatever the flavor of the month is) is just stupid. It doesnt hurt you if jo-shmo called you him instead of her and screaming at someone wanting them to change is exactly what you dont want them to do to you (not you specifically idk if or how you identify just using it as a reference). Everyone will never accept everyone or everything and your life would be alot better if you realized that and quit worrying about what some dumb fuck that you probably wont see again thinks.
Yeah you're definitely no different than the anti civil rights fuckers of the 1960s.

Reactions: AncientBoi

Searinox

"Dances" with Dragons
Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
Regardless of legislation, the nebulous "oh we like the gays but this is taking it too far" has always had its majority support from people who want to roll back everything up to and including criminalization of homosexuality. And left to their own devices, I've never seen anti-gay movements settle for any kind of compromise without always clamoring for more regression. That's because when it comes to the motivation behind it, it's always boiled down to not liking what other people are doing and wishing to take that away from them out of spite. I have virtually never seen anything else at the core no matter how it's phrased. Funny that the more they talk about "depravity" the more obsessed they themselves seem with gay sex. They see it everywhere even as the minority they push against becomes more and more closeted. And they can't escape their own hysteria.

SonowRaevius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just good old 1950's hatred resurfacing completed with calling anyone in the LGBT+ community communists, groomers, and pedophiles.

It is both stupid and malevolent acts that were spurred on by grifters and fundies convincing idiots that the world hates Straight and Christian people just for existing and that LGBT+ community wanted to kill them and erase them history and existence which gave them a strong victim complex.

The worst to come out of it is now not even Cisgendered women of any age are completely safe either. Some old lady not even a few months ago that was beat just because someone thought she was trans and there are states that are considering genital checks for children playing sports, which being honest is just plain creepy as fuck.

Bunjolio

the prettiest girl ever
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why is it so hard to understand? Dress decently when near kids, that's it, why is it that difficult to understand? Why do people insist on drag queens being near children?
It really gets to a point that it irritates you reading the same thing defending indecency
whats wrong with readin a book

SonowRaevius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why is it so hard to understand? Dress decently when near kids, that's it, why is it that difficult to understand? Why do people insist on drag queens being near children?
It really gets to a point that it irritates you reading the same thing defending indecency
No one is insistent about drag queens being around children, it's more of the fact that up until recently it was pretty much a non-issue until conservatives started the whole "Drag Queens are groomers and Pedophiles" BS.

As for dressing decently, most drag queens are in full on dresses with nothing showing, sometimes even being overdressed in certain situations, so what is indecent being shown? The way you talk about you would think they were walking around cosplaying as Tim Curry in his role in The Rocky Horror Picture Show.

GengarsGhostlyGiggles

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Bangladesh
people in the west are going to learn the hard way you can't force people to like you.
thats why most times different cultures self segregate.

the internet makes it extremely easy to share videos of whats going on outside of the corporate narrative control.
everyone knows whats really going on behind closed doors these days.

Bunjolio

the prettiest girl ever
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
people in the west are going to learn the hard way you can't force people to like you.

the internet makes it extremely easy to share videos of whats going on outside of the corporate narrative control.
who is being forced to like who? it seems like some republicans are trying to legit GET RID OF US

Dark_Ansem

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Did you make an account just for stirring shit?
Post automatically merged:

Dress decently when near kids, that's it, why is it that difficult to understand
Why then are there no issue when non-drags in skimpy or overly political clothes get near children? This is not a matter of abstract decency, it's an obvious political scoring.

supermist

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Attachment applies here.

Attachments

• AAABTgAAEHrk.jpg
    AAABTgAAEHrk.jpg
    49 KB · Views: 11
  • Haha
Reactions: WalterSlovotsky

mikefor20

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is all so stupid. Im going to split this up a bit.

Leave the kids alone. They don't care. They just imitate and learn, they don't know anything about anything, especially sex and gender roles. They don't care. Any kids that say they do are just imitating someone. That's why the kids all watch the same shitty shows and listen to the same shitty music. Shared opinions on almost everything. That's why the drag queen thing scares people. And just to be clear, there are different kinds of drag. Some are tasteful, respectful and discreet. Some are meant to be caricatures that disturb and offend. Look up Devine. I saw Pink Flamingos at a very young age. . That shit sticks with you. There are MANY people who don't care the venue and can't see the difference. Bottom line is Parents have the right to teach their kids in a way they see fit. Schools are not the proper venue for this. I wouldn't want a bikini model reading stories to my kids! Why? Because it's inappropriate! It's a school not a beach. She fits all the societal norms but a roomfull of children is not the place for her to be exposed. It's not prejudice, it's common sense. If it's a tasteful drag queen who is not trying to shock people.. meh. Nothing over the top. I personally don't see an issue. However, it's not my kid or my place to say so. Let parents be parents. They make decisions for their kids. Whether you agree or not. It's their kids. The kids need to be kids.

Please stop screwing with language. It's not the evolution of language. It's confusing the issue, pure and simple. Why not call all trans people trans? Accross the board? Trans male, trans female? Because it's not fair to single you out? Better than the words generations past called you. If that's unacceptable then how come calling non trans people Cis, breeders and normies is okay? It's not. How come you call us normies but if I refer to a straight person as normal I'm a bigot and all hell breaks loose? Hypocrisy. You're singling people out! It makes people uncomfortable! You're intolerant and have become oppressors at that point. There is an established status quo, it will change over time, just don't be surprised if people don't want it to. I am a Man and my Wife is a Woman. I will never refer to her anything else no matter what you say. How dare you tell me to do so. Just make a new term for the new thing. Don't change the existing language to mean something different. This mentality is causing a big portion of the backlash. Cis is a derogatory term in the gay community. Especially in context of Cis women. That's total bullshit. Everyone came from a biological woman.

Leave the women alone.

Pronouns?! This is more bullshit. Her/she & Him/he.. fine. I'll call you the gender you want. It makes no difference. Lots of people make it as convoluted as possible and get mad when people get it wrong. "Im not He it they, I'm an IT! I'm offended!" Fuck off. You're just being an asshole! You are confused and want everyone else to be confused too. STFU. They/them?? You gotta be kidding. Obliterating grammar and making everyone sound uneducated just to further confuse people. I can see that being a burgeoning trans must be confusing, Don't try to confuse everyone else. Come on.

Everything above should be common sense. Just let people be. The door swings both ways. Screw with them, they screw with you. Let parents decide what's best for their kids. Not all kids, just theirs. We shouldn't need laws for any of this. You have a right to be reasonably happy, so does everyone else. And stop belittling people. If you won't, dont be surprised when they give zero respct to you. You don't have to be in the closet. You don't have to be in people's faces either. Back up. 6ft please. I value my personal space and your breath stinks. Get out of my face.

Next, the real issue. THERE IS NO SCENARIO IN WHICH TRANSITIONING A CHILD IS OKAY. This is ludacris! 10 year olds? I swore up and down i was TMNT when I was 10!! I didn't need a damn species change. No Shell transplant. Didn't sew my fingers together. If I had my parents would have been arrested! There absolutely should be laws againt this type of child abuse. Letting a boy play with dolls or dress in pink is fine. No harm no foul. Puberty blockers? mastectomy at 13? Castrations for preteens? Whomever talked those kids into this, funded it, drove them to appointments or actually administered the procedure should be locked up. This is disgusting, harmful, stupid, crazy, abusive and permanent! THIS is why most of these legislations are gaining traction. I wish we didn't need common sense laws. Dont drink and drive, cover your mouth, wash your hands. People can't grasp these things so we need shitty laws. Letting kids be kids is another thing we shouldn't need laws for. Too many mentally ill people who project their shit on their kids.

Leave the kids alone!

Laws are usually made to protect the weak. These laws are intended to protect Women and Children. Leave them alone and this will fade. I have zero sympathy to anyone who thinks it's okay to screw with women and kids.

Lock them up!

zekro94

Trophies
XP
Country
whats wrong with readin a book
You people keep saying what's wrong with reading a book. You always deflect the issue, you always call us bigots, Maga or whatever. I don't care what drag queens do in private but in public spaces there needs to be decency, it doesn't matter if it's a drag queen or a republican or a democrat or whatevee the hell more there is with these stupid political parties, you dress decently around kids and that's a fact. Why can't you people understand this, were you hit with a brick on the head or something? Why can't we have a normal society in which we respect each other? Because the lgbtq+ only demands things about sexuality and want to be around children( when I say "you" I'm referring to all lgbtqb people, not you specifically)
I'm open minded when there is respect but lgbtq want to force things, that's not respect

supermist

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
<cleaning up this filthy and muddy thread>
You people keep saying what's wrong with reading a book. You always deflect the issue, you always call us bigots, Maga or whatever. I don't care what drag queens do in private but in public spaces there needs to be decency, it doesn't matter if it's a drag queen or a republican or a democrat or whatevee the hell more there is with these stupid political parties, you dress decently around kids and that's a fact. Why can't you people understand this, were you hit with a brick on the head or something? Why can't we have a normal society in which we respect each other? Because the lgbtq+ only demands things about sexuality and want to be around children( when I say "you" I'm referring to all lgbtqb people, not you specifically)
I'm open minded when there is respect but lgbtq want to force things, that's not respect
As I pointed out, Republicans and religious leaders have proven to be far more harmful to children than drag queens. An astounding number of sexual misconduct against children.

Last edited by linuxares,

zekro94

Trophies
XP
Country
This reads not too dissimilar to one of Trump's social media meltdowns.

You MAGAs really are a cult.

Anyway this guy's unhinged meltdown aside it bears repeating that those against LGBTQ rights will go down in history as those who were against civil rights and not looked too differently than KKK members.
Post automatically merged:

As I pointed out, Republicans and religious leaders have proven to be far more harmful to children than drag queens. An astounding number of sexual misconduct against children.
Always deflecting, they BOTH are, that's the whole point, it doesn't matter your affiliation (that last comment was made while angry so I'm not sure how people will react)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lesbians invented babies +2