• Views 7,189,793
  • Replies 21,662
  • Likes 283

Miguel Gomez

Trophies
XP
Country
It's fake.

How much performance gain actually comes from DX12 vs other improvements? We don't know and unless someone does in-depth profiling it's useless to claim RPCS3 as proof that DX12 yields large performance boosts.

I looked into Vulkan and decided not to support it for now. I don't care about potential performance gains because those don't matter for CEMU since the current GPU/driver overhead is already very low. I worry more about multi-platform and inter-vendor compatibility. If Vulkan gains broad support on all platforms and from all vendors I will likely switch. But until then I will stick with OpenGL.

If you expect the release today you are going to be disappointed... Cemu 1.3.2 patreon release was on Sunday and therefore the public release will be one week later, Sunday, Feb 21th.
Ooh. I thought the release date is every Wednesday per 2 weeks just like the rest of the versions. Oh well. Thanks anyways...

Last edited by Miguel Gomez,

AdamN

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Indonesia
its only a matter of time for Exzap to implement the Vulkan API
RetroArch already got Vulkan Support and RPCS3 just started, cant wait to see if Vulkan improves emulation
Vulkan will certainly help improve the performance as it's better than opengl for multi-core rendering, and it uses less CPU compared to opengl (due to opengl's internal management), thus more CPU resource available for CPU emulation :)

D

Deleted User

Will CEMU Support Intel GPUs in like a year ?
is CEMU (Patron Release) Different from Public Reales?
If Vulkan API Is supported does that mean OpenGL is no longer supported?

Sno0t

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
money changed everything sadly that's why i bought a wii U and a 3DS to avoid waiting
Money didn't change anything... As far as I remember, exzap said that he will try to release every 2 weeks...
Now he said that the patreon release happens 1 week before publics and due to that the releae date might have shifted a litte...but only for ONCE...
The 2 week cycle will most likely be maintained now.

The releases dont differ in changes or source code, patreons only receive the release 1 week prior to the public...
Vulkan will not be supported (for now) as exzap stated a few posts back.

Kind regards

Reactions: RHY3756547

Pahnda

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
-.- why always intel CPU .... get a decent PC if u want to emulate systems like Wii U

hashcheck1

Trophies
XP
Country
some people just like testing emulation for learning technical aspects... not actually play the games. Does CEMU even have GPU acceleration yet!

msaraiva

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
some people just like testing emulation for learning technical aspects... not actually play the games. Does CEMU even have GPU acceleration yet!

If Exzap were the son of John Carmack and Ada Lovelace, then maybe he could have created a software render that would be able to run MK8 at 15-20fps on current CPUs...since he's not, you can pretty much figure out for yourself the answer to your question.

Reactions: gameking66

Gundark

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
do I look like I'm made of money?
many people cant afford powerful PCs
I assume you have laptop? If so, when did laptops became cheaper than desktop equivalents? While there are reasons like space constraints and commuting, the reality is that majority of laptops are bought because they look cool and modern. And now they're facing consequences of such a decision. Oh, yes, I had the wrong impression that most of the Arabians are full of money, sorry about that.

D

Deleted User

I assume you have laptop? If so, when did laptops became cheaper than desktop equivalents? While there are reasons like space constraints and commuting, the reality is that majority of laptops are bought because they look cool and modern. And now they're facing consequences of such a decision. Oh, yes, I had the wrong impression that most of the Arabians are full of money, sorry about that.
yes , I have a laptop
its not on the cool looks and modern, i thought its specs are suitable for me
i bought the laptop since 2013

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Faust03 @ Faust03: it was also the only game I played