ROM Hack [Release] Fire Editor - Fire Emblem: Awakening's save editor

Triforce141

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there a maskless version of Gerome? I've seen the one when he gets S support with Robin, but is there anything else outside that?

Gerome does indeed have maskless version of him in the game, they're only used in the S Rank of Female Morgan, and his supports with Inigo in the Scramble DLC. He also has an unused crit cut-in portrait.

HOWEVER, he doesn't have a maskless version of his overworld sprite.

63342.png

Last edited by Triforce141,

KaleoOmega

I just don't know what to do with myself...
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Good news, @Olmectron and everyone :)

Just to be clear, I've used this method before, when your editor didn't exist. But I haven't tried with more than two Boots, since the HxD editing post isn't clear about that.

I tried with two subjects: Severa and Frederick. Before editing both now through HxD, this is what their stats (and boots) looked like:

sevpre1.jpg
frepre1.jpg

Before editing, they had the value "04" (equal to two Boots used) on their Boots stats.
Then I changed the "04" into "0E" (equal to seven Boots used). And...:

sevpre3.jpg
fredpre2.jpg

trainboy2019

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry, haven't played the game that much. Is there a maskless version of Gerome? I've seen the one when he gets S support with Robin, but is there anything else outside that?

Okay, thank you. If you can't test it at all, don't worry, I'll look into it.

Thanks!
Yes, I believe it is in The Future Past 3, at the end. That DLC level is hard though.

Mrperson0

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Good news, @Olmectron and everyone :)

Just to be clear, I've used this method before, when your editor didn't exist. But I haven't tried with more than two Boots, since the HxD editing post isn't clear about that.

I tried with two subjects: Severa and Frederick. Before editing both now through HxD, this is what their stats (and boots) looked like:

View attachment 27973View attachment 27974

Before editing, they had the value "04" (equal to two Boots used) on their Boots stats.
Then I changed the "04" into "0E" (equal to seven Boots used). And...:

View attachment 27972 View attachment 27975

You are truly awesome. Hope Olmectron can add this feature! Are you able to make it go up to 98 or 99/100 and have any unit (nearly) move anywhere in the map? I think 46 Boots (from 6 movement to 98 Movement) would be 5C for hex, and 47 Boots (from 6 Movement to 99 or 100 Movement) would be 5E, so the hex editing would hopefully allow it.

Last edited by Mrperson0,
Reactions: Olmectron

KaleoOmega

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
You are truly awesome. Hope Olmectron can add this feature! Are you able to make it go up to 98 or 99/100 and have any unit (nearly) move anywhere in the map?

I was about to post this :D

Finally, I found my avatar's Boots values. Considering the previous values 04 Hex=04 movements (2 boots), 0E=14 movements (7 boots), I made this correlation between Hex values, Number of movements and quantity of Boots used.
(Always considering Grima units, since they start with zero movements and so, they're better for these calculations)

10 = 16 (8 Boots)
20 = 32 (16 Boots)
60 = 96 (48 Boots)
61 = 98 (49 Boots)

So I decided to change my avatar's Boots Hex value to 61 - since the Movement field ingame allows only for two digits. I was expecting 98 movements, but instead, there's 97. Need more tests to see if this is some kind of "maximum value"...
paradoxv.jpg

But I think that's more than enough to move through any map :tpi:

map1.jpg

map2.jpg

Fathomite

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
In regards to the hair colour comment I posted a page or two back:

I was asking for a drop down menu that would have a list of both the gen 1 units' hair colours, and the 20 default Robin/MU colours. This way if we switch the colour of MU (or a child, once that functionality is added), if we want to go back to a "vanilla" colour we don't have to approximate it. Now that I think about it, it would fit better with your design choices if it was a search bar instead.

Plus, I think it would be really neat to try out the colours of other units on MU.

Celice

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I haven't tried this program out yet--since it's only a save editor so far, how does it work with characters you haven't recruited yet? Do we have to use the program every time we get a new character? Seeing all this progress makes me super hyped to do a randomizer run, but I'm not sure if we can do a randomizer for everything right from the start, or if I'll have to do it after the end of every chapter where we get new characters?

Also, the scope of this is getting pretty big! If someone helped you out Olmectron, would you be interested in making a small editor for the game itself and not only its save files?

Fathomite

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Unfortunately, you have to recruit the characters first, and then save either on the overworld map or in battle prep. It's as tedious as you expect, but Olmec plans to streamline the process in future releases (expect one around the second week of November).

Something else to note that I think will be important to you, is that when you edit skills onto a unit this doesn't cause them to learn the skill. They'll have it equipped, but if you unequip it in game it will go away.

serving

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i tried the save editor and use full convy item code and ddint check forge wep option and i still get get jap items i thought it was fixed?

Olmectron

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
i tried the save editor and use full convy item code and ddint check forge wep option and i still get get jap items i thought it was fixed?
Sorry. Not fixed yet, it seems. Working for getting them out.

I haven't tried this program out yet--since it's only a save editor so far, how does it work with characters you haven't recruited yet? Do we have to use the program every time we get a new character? Seeing all this progress makes me super hyped to do a randomizer run, but I'm not sure if we can do a randomizer for everything right from the start, or if I'll have to do it after the end of every chapter where we get new characters?

Also, the scope of this is getting pretty big! If someone helped you out Olmectron, would you be interested in making a small editor for the game itself and not only its save files?

Sadly, that's how it's done. This only edit saves in the overworld map, of in prep for battle. If you are in the Chapter where you get Maribelle, for example, you need to finish the battle anf save, for editing it later.

In short, you cannot edit a unit before recruiting it, since there's no data in the save file before that. However, I'm really interested on starting work on a ROM editor, which would let me change anything in the game. Including changing sprites, like adding a sprite for letting Lucina change color hair (just a random, but possible idea with ROM editing). Unfortunately, I lack the firmware for testing (I have a 9.9 O3DS and a 10.2 N3DS).

My plans for next update are getting bigger, like adding support for Japanese save files (which currently don't evdn load in the editor). But meanwhile, I can confirm I'll start working on Fates save file editing once I get my Japanese copy. And hopefully, will have the editor as complete as the Awakening's will be before Fates launches in west territories.

Unfortunately, you have to recruit the characters first, and then save either on the overworld map or in battle prep. It's as tedious as you expect, but Olmec plans to streamline the process in future releases (expect one around the second week of November).

Something else to note that I think will be important to you, is that when you edit skills onto a unit this doesn't cause them to learn the skill. They'll have it equipped, but if you unequip it in game it will go away.
Thanks for your comments. Yes, I took into consideration tour suggestions about hair color, and such. Forgot to put it in that list.

About November's update, along with my response to @Celice , it'll be a lot easier to navigate the features in the editor, and everything is going smoothly about decompressing and compressing files directly, so it would work fully in Linux and Mac, without having to use the Save Tool for those operations.

----

I typed a little bit fast, so I may have some typos, please let me know if you notice any. Thnak you.

Reactions: Celice

Celice

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The Serenes Forest forums might have some nice people who could share some info on FE Awakening and Fates file structures and data stuff. VincentASM is the head of the website and always gets into datamining stuff for the website info sections, as well as for looking for interesting unused stuff :)

KaleoOmega

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
That seals the deal, would be awesome to have Movement editing before actual stat editing. Hopefully the extra movement would be able to pass through StreetPass!

Unfortunately, I can't test that right now, since I live in a small town and no one in a radius of 30 miles have another 3DS, let alone a Fire Emblem Awakening player. :/
(that's why I'm a Homepass user, but since IronHax I stopped using that)

And I made a mistake (and at the same time, a discovery) regarding the Hex values. These are the correct numbers:

60 = 96 (48 Boots)
61 = 97
62 = 98 (49 Boots)

I inserted 61 previously, so the 97 steps shown at my previous posts were right after all.

So, the "Boots" Hex field is more a "Movement" Hex field" - then I decided to do a step further: located Chrom's Boots Hex value and inserted 64 (supposedly, 100 extra Movements). And this happened (since by default, the Conqueror class starts with 7 movements):

chrom.jpg

We can assume up to 255 extra Movements can be inserted, then (inserting FF on the right Hex field). :)

Olmectron

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Little update. Just because it didn't seem that hard to add this thing about movement. Still working on the fully updated version for November.

October 25th, 2015: Sixteenth revision released 0.5-35-alpha
  • Added Added Movement editing. This feature correctly edits the permanent added movement of your units. In-game, only way to change this is using the Boots item, but it has a limit of one or two uses per unit. Note that if you put 255 as Added Movement, the game could not recognize it. My guess is that it tries to add 255 to your unit's movement, and if it gets a number higher than 255 (260, for example), the added movement is not taken in account. You can safely put any number below 200, anyway, feel free to do some testing, anyway.
  • Thanks to @KaleoOmega for commenting about added movement, and making tests by hex editing to see how it behaved in-game.

Last edited by Olmectron,

Pokéfan Kieran

Trophies
XP
Country
Unfortunately, I can't test that right now, since I live in a small town and no one in a radius of 30 miles have another 3DS, let alone a Fire Emblem Awakening player. :/
(that's why I'm a Homepass user, but since IronHax I stopped using that)

And I made a mistake (and at the same time, a discovery) regarding the Hex values. These are the correct numbers:

60 = 96 (48 Boots)
61 = 97
62 = 98 (49 Boots)

I inserted 61 previously, so the 97 steps shown at my previous posts were right after all.

So, the "Boots" Hex field is more a "Movement" Hex field" - then I decided to do a step further: located Chrom's Boots Hex value and inserted 64 (supposedly, 100 extra Movements). And this happened (since by default, the Conqueror class starts with 7 movements):

View attachment 28083 I want 5

We can assume up to 255 extra Movements can be inserted, then (inserting FF on the right Hex field). :)
WWE
Little update. Just because it didn't seem that hard to add this thing about movement. Still working on the fully updated version for November.

October 25th, 2015: Sixteenth revision released 0.5-35-alpha
  • Added Added Movement editing. This feature correctly edits the permanent added movement of your units. In-game, only way to change this is using the Boots item, but it has a limit of one or two uses per unit. Note that if you put 255 as Added Movement, the game could not recognize it. My guess is that it tries to add 255 to your unit's movement, and if it gets a number higher than 255 (260, for example), the added movement is not taken in account. You can safely put any number below 200, anyway, feel free to do some testing, anyway.
  • Thanks to @KaleoOmega for commenting about added movement, and making tests by hex editing to see how it behaved in-game.
HELL YES! YES YES YES YESSSSSSSSSSS!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Wish they would let us play the NCAA football 14 on newer xbox, its one of the only games I love...