Homebrew [RELEASE] Tiramisu Environment | Free CBHC

vbarros22

Trophies
Website
mundowiihack.wordpress.com
XP
Country
Brazil
1. The channels (HBL and stuff like the retroarch forwarder) have their own exploits embedded that may interfer with Tiramisu and cause unpredictable issues. Its just coincidence that this works at all, which doesn't mean running the channel with Tiramisu doesn't introduce undefined behaviour that could cause crashes etc. Any update of the Exploit chain (e.g. CustomRPXLoader, EnvironmentLoader) could easily break these channels completly. Homebrews shouldn't care about any exploits and especially never run any exploits themselves. It's just really unpredictable
I was having problems launching homebrew via HLB Channel so I have to uninstall the app that I got from Haxchi (after CBHC)
that was not clear for me but now everything is working fine

PrincessLillie

(Future) VTuber
Trophies
Website
lillie2523.carrd.co
XP
Country
United States
Again, you can totally launch .elf homebrew in Tiramisu. You just need to remove the module from your SD card that launched the homebrew loader when you launch Mii Maker. You can still keep and use the separate homebrew loader channel which is what you want to do anyway.
I'm aware of this, but like Maschell said it could cause undesirable side-effects. My CBHC setup works perfectly fine and does everything I need, so I'll stay with it unless it starts giving me issues, at which point I'll reluctantly switch to Tiramisu or Aroma.
We have a side project that is created to port all homebrew to rpx some have been done lots haven't but it is something we have been aware of since aroma began.
This is reassuring to hear and I wish you luck!

ArgoRV

Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
One small Third Party Bug:
Once you run Spiik
The entry to HBL through the Mii Maker is disabled.

toxic9

Trophies
XP
Country
It looks like this is just the PayloadLoaderPayload inside the apps folder? I wouldn't recommend it. This payload is designed to run on a clean system. If it works, it's pure luck. The "offical way" to run it is via a "payload.elf"-loader, any other methods may lead to undefined behaviour and are not recommended.

Thanks for the reply.
The browser method requires online connection and a website hosting the exploit.
If people have their own exploit installed (haxchi, not cbhc) I'm just using it to run your payload...

mattdog1000000

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Follow wiiu.hacks.guide

If you use CBHC, uninstall it correctly with the installer (otherwise you brick your console). If you use the regular haxchi (without coldboothax), delete the ds vc title in the system settings. After that, follow the guide.
Based on his previous post, I believe he already has tiramisu installed and is wondering how to update it to the latest (nightly) version.

droople

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Follow wiiu.hacks.guide

If you use CBHC, uninstall it correctly with the installer (otherwise you brick your console). If you use the regular haxchi (without coldboothax), delete the ds vc title in the system settings. After that, follow the guide.
Thanks mate.
I mean how to update the tiramisu.

AQS

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
We have a side project that is created to port all homebrew to rpx some have been done lots haven't but it is something we have been aware of since aroma began.

The general rule in our circles is channels are not the desired method.. but people will create and use them regardless

Just curious, would this include a port of "WiiU2HBC" ?

MikaDubbz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm aware of this, but like Maschell said it could cause undesirable side-effects. My CBHC setup works perfectly fine and does everything I need, so I'll stay with it unless it starts giving me issues, at which point I'll reluctantly switch to Tiramisu or Aroma.

This is reassuring to hear and I wish you luck!
Well I can tell you that I've had no side effects, and I have an elaborate setup to say the least with themes, a custom wara wara plaza, and many .elf homebrew, a few installed as channels. I understand that since Maschell isn't using .elf homebrew that he isn't aware of what issues they may cause in the new environments, but I can tell you my setup works just as great as when I was on CBHC, with the added benefit of the return of the QuickStart menu. And I too was hesitant to make the upgrade, but in the end it was definitely a move for the better .

Last edited by MikaDubbz,

NinStar

Ny'hrarr ♂
Trophies
Website
ninstar.carrd.co
XP
Country
Brazil
1. The channels (HBL and stuff like the retroarch forwarder) have their own exploits embedded that may interfer with Tiramisu and cause unpredictable issues. Its just coincidence that this works at all, which doesn't mean running the channel with Tiramisu doesn't introduce undefined behaviour that could cause crashes etc. Any update of the Exploit chain (e.g. CustomRPXLoader, EnvironmentLoader) could easily break these channels completly. Homebrews shouldn't care about any exploits and especially never run any exploits themselves. It's just really unpredictable
2. Updating them is.. annoying. I am a big fan of having everything on the sd card instead of installing it onto the console. Updating/replacing files on the sd card is muuch eaiser than rolling out new versions of these channels
3. In future environments like Aroma these channel will definitely break but are still installed on the console. So instead of loosing access to the HBL via the Mii Maker (which is kinda expected when removing the HBL_Installer.rpx from the environment) these channel crash your console and you have no idea why.
4. Tiramisu doesn't even allow you to run custom channels. For this you need third party module that I can't control, so it's probably not the greatest idea to rely on them.
So... I think we could call this a reason for people to stick with Haxchi/CBHC? Because I wasn't expecting that, I didn't had any problem using my custom channels/forwarders with Tiramisu so far, but if you say it's unpredictable then I don't know what could happen in the future, custom channels are one of the most convenient things that ever happened to the Wii U.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I made a few changes to my wii u including adding in those widescreen config files to brain age (now all my ds games use them) and installing a homebrew launcher install with pro controller and elf support. I figured it might be worth having a separate homebrew launcher in case I wanted to use elf files in tiramisu. :D

Maschell

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
So... I think we could call this a reason for people to stick with Haxchi/CBHC? Because I wasn't expecting that, I didn't had any problem using my custom channels/forwarders with Tiramisu so far, but if you say it's unpredictable then I don't know what could happen in the future, custom channels are one of the most convenient things that ever happened to the Wii U.
It's only unpredictable if the channels do non-userland stuff (e.g. running their own exploits like the Homebrew Launcher or RetroArch Channel).

(Installed) channels in genernal will be obsolete with Aroma, because of the new ".wuhb" fileformat. There will be a plugin to launch homebrew from the wii u menu => this allows you to have (fake) channels without actually installing them. "Installing" and updating can be done by (re)placing one file on the sd card

V10lator

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
sorry to disappoint you...bloopair is the only app which is optimized for tiramisu atm.
As a homebrew dev who tuned his homebrew for Tiramisu I call this a lie.

Does everyone get the lines issue or just some people? If its the latter I wonder why?
Everyone. I might be completely wrong but AFAIK it's some exploit using VMEM (MEM1) to pass data between PPC and IOSU. This exploit is used by Haxchi and Mocha, too, but has been extended for Tiramisu/Aroma and now leaks into the framebuffer, so you see the data it passes through VMEM. Nothing to worry about through.

Dragon91Nippon

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
It's only unpredictable if the channels do non-userland stuff (e.g. running their own exploits like the Homebrew Launcher or RetroArch Channel).

(Installed) channels in genernal will be obsolete with Aroma, because of the new ".wuhb" fileformat. There will be a plugin to launch homebrew from the wii u menu => this allows you to have (fake) channels without actually installing them. "Installing" and updating can be done by (re)placing one file on the sd card
No offense but I think this is a horrible system, mostly because the Wii U has a Limit of 300 maximum titles on the home screen.

Reactions: PrincessLillie

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: ... that's rough buddy