Homebrew Official Retroarch WiiU (wip.)

ploggy

WAKA! WAKA!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
the problem with that is that the native wiiu os fat module doesnt have any caches so for every file it loads from the table it has to get that file table again from your drive, the only way to work around that would be to actually implement a custom fat module and do raw reads from devices and until that it will be a looong time if it ever happens at all.
I think dimok was talking about possibly doing something similar to that in another thread the other day.
Something like replacing the fat module that nintendo uses to libfat? I'm not going to pretend the in's and out's of it but it sound's good if hr decides to do it. :)

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the problem with that is that the native wiiu os fat module doesnt have any caches so for every file it loads from the table it has to get that file table again from your drive, the only way to work around that would be to actually implement a custom fat module and do raw reads from devices and until that it will be a looong time if it ever happens at all.

Damn, was afraid of that XD Wish I knew why loading Snes games took forever but Genesis/NES didn't, as they have a similar no. of files in the folders.

Last edited by the_randomizer,
Reactions: ploggy

maiquinhofalkao

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Just downloaded the full mame2003 romset and stupidly transferred all the roms to the same folder on the sd card.... It's been 10 mins so far and the romlist still hasn't loaded lol
Hope this gets sorted soon..
I noticed that games like 1942-1944- aerofight gets the screen sideways would have how to change?

RickBruiser

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Quick question. I've downloaded Retroarch through the Homebrew App and I'm not getting any sound? Anything i'm doing wrong or is it just not implented yet?

RickBruiser

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Look in the audio settings and make sure AX is set in the driver section. :)

I'm kinda afraid I don't get it. I'm quite the amateur in the softmodding stuff when it comes to wiiu and 3ds.

20161124_211633.jpg

75mak

Trophies
XP
Country
Can't seem to find a core to play classic mame titles from taito or sega

I want to play

Robocop
Willow
Shinobi
Shadow dancer
Dragon ninja
The new Zealand story
Vs super mario bros
Rainbow islands

Any suggestions on core to use for these games?

Also any chance of being able to play star wars arcade?

coldstream

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Would it be possible to open something like a new thread for specific rom problems?
Because i'm trying to follow the progress made on retroarch and half of the posts or even more are about people having issues with their roms which cause me to need to browse a shitload of pages just to see recent developments on retroarch itself. I guess i am not the only one annoyed by this?

Reactions: niuus

AmandaRose

Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it’s a plan
Trophies
Website
www.rockstarnorth.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Would it be possible to open something like a new thread for specific rom problems?
Because i'm trying to follow the progress made on retroarch and half of the posts or even more are about people having issues with their roms which cause me to need to browse a shitload of pages just to see recent developments on retroarch itself. I guess i am not the only one annoyed by this?
For me it would be annoying to have different threads for rom problems it's just more convenient to keep everything in the one thread. But then again as I work from home I always have time to keep upto date on the thread.

Antonio Soler

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Does Anyone know of a way to sort the FBA and MAME roms automatically, in separated folders for each game? I've been searching the internet for a sollution but still no success...

subcon959

@!#?@!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Also, not sure why I keep getting -3 errors when the SD card is clearly in the slot. Hope my SD slot isn't wearing out.
I've been getting that a few times lately and I'm sure it's down to constantly taking the card in and out to update files. I'm quite worried actually that the slot is going to get worn out.
I literally I've been waiting to play KI arcade since forever, always had problems with the PC or either proper joystick.
I used to own the KI2 arcade cab and have been kicking myself ever since I sold it. I don't know how well it would run but being able to play it on the gamepad would be amazing.

the_randomizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've been getting that a few times lately and I'm sure it's down to constantly taking the card in and out to update files. I'm quite worried actually that the slot is going to get worn out.

I used to own the KI2 arcade cab and have been kicking myself ever since I sold it. I don't know how well it would run but being able to play it on the gamepad would be amazing.

That's what worries me, and I hope that at some point, we can load from a USB SD card reader instead, that way, the slot can wear out, but still use the SD card. I don't want to take out my SD card for a long time now.
Unless of course, we can update/change files over a network.

Edit: Derp, not sure how I missed FTPIIu lol :P

Last edited by the_randomizer,

plyscho

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Just downloaded the full mame2003 romset and stupidly transferred all the roms to the same folder on the sd card.... It's been 10 mins so far and the romlist still hasn't loaded lol
Hope this gets sorted soon..
I'm also experiencing the same problem for some of my romsets. If you come up with any cool solutions (scripts, directory structure), please share! :)

Does the loading time depend on the number of files per directory only or also on the size of the directory content? I'm trying to get a sane amount of ROMs per directory and atm the loading time seems to increase massively if the directory contains more than 250-300 files. But I'm still experimenting.

Last edited by plyscho,

the_randomizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It seems like the buildbot is still generating the libretro_wiiu_a.7z package with only the .a extension files.
https://buildbot.libretro.com/nightly/nintendo/wiiu/
I am guessing this one is supposed to be the rpx_test build, but it only outputs the .a files.

The other two (elf and standard rpx builds) seem to be there and just fine.

I think Fix94 or Retrofan_K (one of them) said it was also meant for people who want to try building on their own, but don't quote me on that.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mA-vTRfE_x0