Shin Megami Tensei V announced for Nintendo Switch

It's time to get ready for Atlus' demon-filled RPG series once more, as Shin Megami Tensei V has been formally and officially announced for the Nintendo Switch. A Shin Megami Tensei game was previously teased last year, for release on Nintendo's new console, though only a few seconds of a teaser was shown, and it wasn't confirmed to be SMT V at the time. Atlus has uploaded a 1 minute long trailer which shows the city of Tokyo, as two teenagers, presumably important characters, walk into a train station. Fallen demons are shown strewn about the train station, as footage flickers to a post apocalyptic city, with the word "death" written over the screen. There's no release date for the game, or other information at this time.

Abu_Senpai

Trophies
XP
Country
Syria

WiiUBricker

News Police
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina

Abu_Senpai

Trophies
XP
Country
Syria
If you look at the source code, you would know that he only centered the pics and video.

Welp my point still stands " tbh i dont see why they couldn't have just reformatted it. If the issue was Align Left then it would take what 5 seconds to sort out. I mean rather that then creating an entirely new post."

Edit:

Regarding the Align info, thanks. I will keep that in mind for next time.

Last edited by Abu_Senpai,
Trophies
Website
harshamohite.com
XP
Country
United States
Normally SMT are turn-based, but I think there is no info regarding this one right now.
I think ATLUS was holding some stream event today in its Japanese channel. Perhaps they show some gameplay there.

Regarding the DS SMT game ("Strange Journey"), hell I loved that one!
If you played "Strange Journey", well that is very alike a main SMT game (even though this one is not numbered so it may be considered spin-off).
If you played a Devil Survivor, those are tactic RPG spin-offs.
Oooh, okay, I'll have to check out that stream event then. I could use some good RPGs for my Switch!

eriol33

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
If this doesn't resemble nocturne, I wouldn't be interested. They butchered the last 3 smt series so much because it wasn't published on home console. Heck, I couldn't even understand how the series actually sold

sarkwalvein

There's hope for a Xenosaga port.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
If this doesn't resemble nocturne, I wouldn't be interested. They butchered the last 3 smt series so much because it wasn't published on home console. Heck, I couldn't even understand how the series actually sold
Because they were still great, and there was s market for it.
That said I also would like them to raise the bar.

Last edited by sarkwalvein, , Reason: goddamn smartphone swipe keyboard

eriol33

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Strange Journey is really really good.
I agree, but smt 4 was a disappointment. I am only upset because they really had a low production value. I mean, after we got the glorious 3d battle in nocturne, the monsters in smt 4 only had 3-4 animation and the main character has no animation at all because of the first points view.

Windaga

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Super excited. Judging from the abundance of roses and Odin's appearance in the first trailer, it appears that this will be a direct sequel to 4/Apocalypse in both theme and subject matter. Which, makes sense given 5 comes after 4, but it's still cool to see the connection. I'm excited!

eworm

Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Atlus? Check.
Switch version? Check.
Fifth installment? Check.
Persona? Nope.

Dammit, go back to the corner, people, and come back only after you've thought deep and hard about what you've done.

Yil

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
We should ask @Yil to curse Sony then...
/OT (/OT... yeah, because that is how it works)
A) What did sony do?
B) Why should I run the risk of fighting against several Japanese Priests?
C) Why do you I think I can do something on this scale?
Also Cared more about Octopath Traveller than this. Would love to see Primrose getting her revenge. I would harvest the owner's soul and use it to revive that poor girl.

Last edited by Yil,

sarkwalvein

There's hope for a Xenosaga port.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
A) What did sony do?
B) Why should I run the risk of fighting against several Japanese Priests?
C) Why do you I think I can do something on this scale?
A) B) C) Because Persona 5 on the Switch deserves it! (but yeah, SONY's corporate priests are a PITA... though some people call them lawyers)

RedoLane

Supreme Punmaster
Trophies
XP
Country
Israel
I love the fact that every SMT continuity gets released on a different console.

1 + 2 are considered under the same continuity, and both got released on Super Famicom.
3 got released on PS2, 4 and it's sequel on 3DS, and now 5 on the switch.

If this pattern will continue, we might see the 6th game on the PS5.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    DinohScene @ DinohScene: ahh nothing beats a coffee disaronno at work