• Friendly reminder: The politics section is a place where a lot of differing opinions are raised. You may not like what you read here but it is someone's opinion. As long as the debate is respectful you are free to debate freely. Also, the views and opinions expressed by forum members may not necessarily reflect those of GBAtemp. Messages that the staff consider offensive or inflammatory may be removed in line with existing forum terms and conditions.

So about Dark Brandon's speech last night...

Deleted member 586536

Returned shipping and mailing
Trophies
XP
congratulations. You just proved that you don’t understand how the US government works. It is not a democracy,
I never stated that's how the United States government works. I just stated you proved you are not in favor of a democracy, and that the electoral collage should be removed. Thanks for the strawman though. However, if everyone believes that democracy is a good, then perhaps the electoral collage system should be outright removed, to reflect that public opinion. Goverments govern people, it's only reasonable and sane to reflect that, as in, reflect the will of the people.
Unless again your telling me that opinion and belief is not valid, and that somehow 30% of people SHOULD hold more weight than the rest.
But you are crying, because you believe that a minority of states, should be able to effect laws and who sits in the oval office
Yeah because I believe that a majority of people should be able to effect laws and sits in the oval office. Unless your telling me again, that it's GOOD to have a system that outright disregards 70% of people's opinions because they are all in a dense area.

And if you got a problem with it, have the 30% ask why the 70% believe in what they believe in. Instead of just trying to overwrite them and their voice with a bs system and tell the 70% of people to just move if they don't like it.

Last edited by Deleted member 586536,

urherenow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I never stated that's how the United States government works. I just stated you proved you are not in favor of a democracy, and that the electoral collage should be removed. Thanks for the strawman though. However, if everyone believes that democracy is a good, then perhaps the electoral collage system should be outright removed, to reflect that public opinion. Goverments govern people, it's only reasonable and sane to reflect that, as in, reflect the will of the people.
Unless again your telling me that opinion and belief is not valid, and that somehow 30% of people SHOULD hold more weight than the rest.

Yeah because I believe that a majority of people should be able to effect laws and sits in the oval office. Unless your telling me again, that it's GOOD to have a system that outright disregards 70% of people's opinions because they are all in a dense area.

And if you got a problem with it, have the 30% ask why the 70% believe in what they believe in. Instead of just trying to overwrite them and their voice with a bs system and tell the 70% of people to just move if they don't like it.
You really that dimwitted? You’re saying that California should control the law in Idaho, because California has more people. Tell me again, how that’s democracy for Idaho. And by the way, the more densely populated States, get more electoral votes for POTUS.

Last edited by urherenow,
Reactions: sombrerosonic

Deleted member 586536

Trophies
XP
You really that dimwitted? You’re saying that California should control the law in Idaho, because California has more people. Tell me again, how that’s democracy for Idaho.
Are you really that dimwitted to try a strawman twice?

However, if everyone believes that democracy is a good, then perhaps the electoral collage system should be outright removed, to reflect that public opinion.
Does this entail the destruction of state boundaries?
Does this entail that somehow California engulfs Nevada?
No. It strictly applies to the federal level, and how house representatives are handled (ie, because there is no electoral collage. A new method would have to be found since it's heavily influenced around it)
And how presidents, are elected. But of course, you'd rather insert words into my mouth than actually deal with my argument. Since fighting a invisible me that you created is easier to fight and stomach than my view points.

Last edited by Deleted member 586536,

City

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-new...ed-white-power-signs-bar-prosecutors-n1254250
When you flash white supremacist signs, meet with a the proud boys, and the proud boys singing the proud boy's anthem to him, and the proud boys themselves are established as a white supremacist group.
Idk chief, that sounds pretty white supremacist to me. But what do I know. He'd have to call himself a white supremacist to be a white supremacist...
right?

Edit: at the end of the day odds are your going to either say "Fake news" or try to hustle some sort of defense for this. Or more likely going to argue "well you call everyone a fascist, checkmate!" Even though I don't use the word fascist, unless I have absolutely strong evidence towards pointing, and state it pretty solemnly towards someone. And then some bs about how he can't be a white supremacist, leading into some bs strawman.
regardless, all these arguments would be deflection from the fact he did do those things.
Or the fact that you know, proudboys had weapons on jan6th.... or invaded the capital at all that day.
You know the "back the blue until we don't want to back the blue anymore because it's not aligning with our very specific harmful interests anymore" and proudboys showing up with other white supremacist groups like oath keepers. But again, what do I know. Noticing that all the sheep have the same kind of wool, bah the same way, and move the same, is not enough to believe they are bare minimum, at least similar. (with similar doing some fucking legwork since I'd say near identical) according to likely your logic.

Now what this has to do with Dark Brandon idk, so perhaps we should return there.
LMFAO a "white supremacist sign", the fucking 👌 hand sign. It wasn't just an attempt by the media to desperately try to get ANYTHING to demonize him, not at all.

As for who those people were, he says that he didn't know.

I don't give a fuck about the proud boys group. I just find extremely hypocritical how y'all are giving a free pass to someone whom claimed an innocent person was a white supremacist. What's next? is waving your hand to say hi to someone going to be a white supremacist sign? Give me a break LMAO

EDIT: by the way thanks for the laughs and for reminding me how averse from reality some of you are. The fucking "ok" sign as a white supremacist symbol :rofl2::rofl2::rofl2: somebody tell OK Motors

Deleted member 114266

Trophies
XP
I don't give a fuck about the proud boys group. I just find extremely hypocritical how y'all are giving a free pass to someone whom claimed an innocent person was a white supremacist. What's next? is waving your hand to say hi to someone going to be a white supremacist sign? Give me a break LMAO
I always get a laugh when anyone calls Proud Boys a white supremacist group when their current leader is of Cuban African descent.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Enrique_Tarrio

The face of white supremacy people.
Enrique_Tarrio_-_International_Chairman_Proud_Boys_(retouched).jpg

LainaGabranth

Objectively the most infuriating woman ever
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
“What can I expect from the party stupid enough to support the electoral college though?”

Seems you aren’t even living in your own reality.

And you think it doesn’t imply anything. “THE”. 1. You are saying 1 party supports it.

And then your excuse for why it sucks, is the VERY REASON it exists in the first place. Without it, the 3 most populated states in the US, would effectively control the outcome of all elections. Damn the majority of the other 47 states.

Again, at least 38 States voted to have it codified in the constitution. The battle was decided way before you were born.
All this cope just to deflect from my point. Sad!

LainaGabranth

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can see why some people wouldn't take him seriously after claiming that Kyle Rittenhouse was a white supremacist and the media circus tried to frame him as killing two "black men" for "no reason". It's like someone accuses someone at random for being a nazi without proof and then make a speech saying nazis bad. Yes they are bad, downright awful, but people aren't nazi just because you say so.
Very interesting soapboxing but no one was saying that.

• Haha
Reactions: City

LainaGabranth

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I always get a laugh when anyone calls Proud Boys a white supremacist group when their current leader is of Cuban African descent.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Enrique_Tarrio

The face of white supremacy people.
View attachment 325718
Yeah man, how could Hitler be anti-semitic too? There were jews that supported his positions!
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Association_of_German_National_Jews

Daily reminder Enrique was made the leader explicitly for optics reasons, everyone who copes points to the leader but not at the actions of the group, which are objectively actions done with the intent of furthering white supremacy.

Deleted member 114266

Trophies
XP

LainaGabranth

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Typical leftist, he doesn't fit the agenda, he's an Uncle Tom.
That's not what I said. What I said is that it is well documented from their telegram chats, among other statements internally, that Enrique was put in his position explicitly for optics. That does not mean the Proud Boys don't back and further the goals of white supremacy. Quit being obsessed with identity politics.

urherenow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's not what I said. What I said is that it is well documented from their telegram chats, among other statements internally, that Enrique was put in his position explicitly for optics. That does not mean the Proud Boys don't back and further the goals of white supremacy. Quit being obsessed with identity politics.
Wow… sounds familiar. Oh, yea! Joe Biden, and the VP he put there for optics!

th3joker

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There is no politician that isnt corrupt in some way. There is no way to make everyone happy. Brainwashed people believe in the disney happily ever after bs. No one is entitled to anything. If you want to be identified as a cat then you better be shitting in a sandbox

Deleted member 114266

Trophies
XP
This is objectively not an argument.
What about Ketanji Brown Jackson? Picked by Joe Biden to be the first Black Female Supreme Court justice after that horrible and possibly racist Senator Joe Biden previously blocked an arguably more qualified candidate who was also both Black and Female years earlier?

Remember before a short list of possible candidates was announced Biden said the next Supreme Court Justice would be a Black Female. Not the most qualified person for the job, but someone who ticked two boxes. Even If Brown Jackson was the most qualified person, her legacy will be forever tarnished.

LainaGabranth

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What about Ketanji Brown Jackson? Picked by Joe Biden to be the first Black Female Supreme Court justice after that horrible and possibly racist Senator Joe Biden previously blocked an arguably more qualified candidate who was also both Black and Female years earlier?

Remember before a short list of possible candidates was announced Biden said the next Supreme Court Justice would be a Black Female. Not the most qualified person for the job, but someone who ticked two boxes. Even If Brown Jackson was the most qualified person, her legacy will be forever tarnished.
There is literally no relevance in this post whatsoever to my point that the Proud Boys are objectively white supremacists. Once again, you are playing identity politics and I do not give a shit about them.

Shape

Trophies
Website
codenametiger.com
XP
Country
United States
We're still on this?
1. Dark Brandon is just as bad as the Sith Lord Carrot. They're both bad in different ways, they've both caused some immense and unnecessary hardships on totally different groups of people and the parties rallying them into office are both dumpster fires.
2. It doesn't matter what label or what philosophy you affix to these groups you're talking about, they're essentially paramilitary and the sheer number of active paramilitary-type groups is astonishing, dangerous and really it says something about the social climate-at-large.
3. It's going to continue to be a dumpster fire, since the only individuals eligible for that high office are Force users and history shows that even adept members of the Jedi Council make some pretty bad decisions.

Deleted member 586536

Trophies
XP
Edit: at the end of the day odds are your going to either say "Fake news" or try to hustle some sort of defense for this. Or more likely going to argue "well you call everyone a fascist, checkmate!" Even though I don't use the word fascist, unless I have absolutely strong evidence towards pointing, and state it pretty solemnly towards someone. And then some bs about how he can't be a white supremacist, leading into some bs strawman.
regardless, all these arguments would be deflection from the fact he did do those things.
Or the fact that you know, proudboys had weapons on jan6th.... or invaded the capital at all that day.
LMFAO a "white supremacist sign", the fucking 👌 hand sign. It wasn't just an attempt by the media to desperately try to get ANYTHING to demonize him, not at all.

As for who those people were, he says that he didn't know.

EDIT: by the way thanks for the laughs and for reminding me how averse from reality some of you are. The fucking "ok" sign as a white supremacist symbol :rofl2::rofl2::rofl2: somebody tell OK Motors

Isn't sad that I called out the exact thing happening that someone was going to try to deflect.

First of gestures, just like words, change over time. It's been a white power sign since 4chan known nazi's adopted it in 2018. And with white supremacist groups using it as a tell. Since saying "I'm a white supremacist" in the middle of public isn't exactly a good idea.

Two. "he was set up/he didn't know"
Yeah no, that's also bullshit. Not only did he hear from white supremcist groups post brief jail time. But they were part the reason he was bailed out.

Three."But their leader is not white"
And? No seriously And?
Racism doesn't care if your whatever color. Because racism itself is a social construct. People can and have been racist to their own group, as racism itself is not a logical thing. It's purely dogma with no logic behind it. And further more, Gavin McInnes was the founder and original leader. If a group starts off bad, it will often remain bad.

Oh and as a fyi.
The proudboys are being charged with seditious conspiracy. Now where have I heard that before.
https://www.justice.gov/opa/pr/lead...s-guilty-seditious-conspiracy-and-obstruction

Again, is it insane to believe and suspect that if you hang out with a specific group of people, talk like a specific group of people, act like a specific group of people, that you are very likely apart of that specific group.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Fucking old lady next door My microwaves broke! All it was was the clock not set right