What did you Accomplish in Gaming Today?

weavile001

Spiritmaster
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
just defeated Faust in Hexyz Force for the first time on Levant´s Tale, he comes after a pretty tanky boss, so, you already guessed: it was hard as fuck....

TripleSMoon

GBAtemp's Umbran Witch in [T]raining
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
Just about two hours ago, I finished Zelda II.

This marks the moment I beat every canon Zelda game (that is, all the ones on the official timeline), which was me kind-of-late New Year's Resolution this February. At the start of the resolution, I had finished six Zelda games (all the console games except for tLoZ, Zelda II, and FSA), meaning I went through and finished eleven Zelda games for the first time. In addition to that, I had finished Skyward Sword earlier that year, and went back and replayed every Zelda game I had already finished at least once, except for Majora's Mask (I'm taking my time on a 100% run with my gf and we can only play that on weekends, so it's been going slow). Meaning I quite nearly finished every Zelda game this year.

Upon the end of this experience, I'm torn between being proud and satisfied, or sad and melancholy. Zelda is my favorite series of all time, the one I consider synonymous with gaming, and for the first time ever, I really do have to wait for the next game to come out before I can experience an all-new adventure.

Though I suppose the adventure never ends, and Zelda has proven to me over and over again that it never gets old, no matter how many times I replay it (heck, I played aLttP three times this year, alone). So I'll keep on adventuring, keep on earning the Master Sword and Triforce of Courage, over and over and over again until the next adventure comes along. I still have plenty to do to improve myself as a Hero of the Gods. I can wait for the next Zelda. :)

Sakitoshi

GBAtemp Official Lolimaster
Trophies
Website
sakiheru.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Chile
I've been playing...... games...... I don't remember exactly what I played this days but that I play, I play for sure.
I played Project Diva F with my friends the night of xmas, talking, laughing and remembering old times when we could enjoy together daily.

Reactions: TripleSMoon

Fishaman P

Speedrunner
Trophies
Website
twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
I just discovered a new strategy for Sonic 3 & Knuckles, Flying Battery Zone Act 1 as Knuckles. I got a pretty good IL run with it; in fact, it's 8 seconds faster than the posted record at Sonic Center!

2FJYxHG.jpg

TripleSMoon

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
I just discovered a new strategy for Sonic 3 & Knuckles, Flying Battery Zone Act 1 as Knuckles. I got a pretty good IL run with it; in fact, it's 8 seconds faster than the posted record at Sonic Center!

2FJYxHG.jpg

Would you care to share your secret? I'm quite curious.

LinkFan16

I link them all
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Have been playing A Link Between Worlds on my brand new shiny 3DS XL since christmas. Today I made my way through the ice dungeon (forgot the name, lol), turtle rock and dark palace. I also got the golden Master Sword. Right now I'm making my way through Lorule Castle to beat Yuga and save Princess Zelda once again.

TripleSMoon

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
After finishing Dark Souls last week I cant now decide what to plough through next! Choices are Fable 3, Kingdoms of Amalur or Tales Of Vesperia! Hmmmm Choices!

I just picked up Dark Souls yesterday, and am going to play tonight or tomorrow when I return home from Christmas travels. Any spoiler-free advice you would give to a newcomer like myself?

kristianity77

GBATemp old fogey
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I just picked up Dark Souls yesterday, and am going to play tonight or tomorrow when I return home from Christmas travels. Any spoiler-free advice you would give to a newcomer like myself?

Just take your time. If you go in all guns blazing you will die every single time without question. If your going into an area your not familiar with, then go slowly and pick off enemies one by one wherever possible. If you can do that, then it will make it a whole lot easier.

Reactions: TripleSMoon

TripleSMoon

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
Just take your time. If you go in all guns blazing you will die every single time without question. If your going into an area your not familiar with, then go slowly and pick off enemies one by one wherever possible. If you can do that, then it will make it a whole lot easier.
Thanks! I'll keep your tips in mind. :)
I actually got 0:51 on camera this morning, and that can even go lower!

It's a little hard to explain, so if you want to know more than the video shows, PM me.
So, basically you glitched through a wall and bypassed most of the level that way? Cool! Did you just happen to stumble on that by accident?

What version of the game were you playing? Genesis original, or one of the various ports? Any idea if this works on all versions of the game?

Hells Malice

Are you a bully?
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
After finishing Dark Souls last week I cant now decide what to plough through next! Choices are Fable 3, Kingdoms of Amalur or Tales Of Vesperia! Hmmmm Choices!

Horrid game, Gets old quick, and one of the best games on 360.

I dun think there's much of a choice there.

TripleSMoon

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
Horrid game, Gets old quick, and one of the best games on 360.

I dun think there's much of a choice there.
I gave Dark Souls a go last night, and I'm quite disappointed myself. I really do appreciate the lack of hand holding, extreme difficulty, and gameplay. However, the control scheme is absolutely horrid. I don't think I've had a single death so far that wasn't caused by the wonky controls or camera. Why the hell does it control like a shooter? There are tons of similar action adventure games with perfect control schemes like Zelda and Assassin's Creed. Why not have controls like those?

Also, for those here who've played both Dark Souls games, is Dark Souls 2 any better, more polished? Can I play it without missing major story elements in the first game?

Hells Malice

Are you a bully?
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I gave Dark Souls a go last night, and I'm quite disappointed myself. I really do appreciate the lack of hand holding, extreme difficulty, and gameplay. However, the control scheme is absolutely horrid. I don't think I've had a single death so far that wasn't caused by the wonky controls or camera. Why the hell does it control like a shooter? There are tons of similar action adventure games with perfect control schemes like Zelda and Assassin's Creed. Why not have controls like those?

Also, for those here who've played both Dark Souls games, is Dark Souls 2 any better, more polished? Can I play it without missing major story elements in the first game?

Oh no, no. Not Dark Souls :P Was talking about the 3 he listed.
Are you playing on PC? Cuz I never had much problem with the control scheme on the 360.

Also Dark Souls 2 isn't out yet. It's just Demon's Souls and Dark Souls.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=6aie4t8lZ7k&pp=ygUuaSBhbSBub3QgZ2F5IGJ1dCAyMCBkb2xsYXJzIGlzIDIwIGRv... +1