• Friendly reminder: The politics section is a place where a lot of differing opinions are raised. You may not like what you read here but it is someone's opinion. As long as the debate is respectful you are free to debate freely. Also, the views and opinions expressed by forum members may not necessarily reflect those of GBAtemp. Messages that the staff consider offensive or inflammatory may be removed in line with existing forum terms and conditions.

What exactly are women marching for?

mikefor20

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
We aren't talking about something that's only made by the woman though. Having a baby involves two people, so they shouldn't have 100% the right if the other person got something to say about that.

I'm also not going to discuss about when the fetus gets "human" enough to become a living being, but yeah, it does happen eventually and IMO we should define a limit. I'd definitely feel not OK for women to abort their 7-months fetuses.

1d9.jpg

Look at that, you made me use a Trump meme even if I don't like the guy. Silly poor, envious people :rofl2::rofl2:

Liar. You ain't gotta lie to kick it. In fact you don't need to kick it. Go hang out with your boy T-Rump. He lies and has no respect for women either. You are 2 peas in a pod.

Reactions: 330

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Nauru
Liar. You ain't gotta lie to kick it. In fact you don't need to kick it. Go hang out with your boy T-Rump. He lies and has no respect for women either. You are 2 peas in a pod.
Back already from "getting some from your wife" as you wrote a few minutes ago between your ramblings? Boy that's hilarious :rofl2::rofl2::rofl2: please stop, you're killing me!

mikefor20

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Back already from "getting some from your wife" as you wrote a few minutes ago between your ramblings? Boy that's hilarious :rofl2::rofl2::rofl2: please stop, you're killing me!

She gives awesome head. She actually loves me and likes making me feel good. You probably never knew that felling before did you poor man rich man? I hope you find love. And she (he?) takes half your shit, :)

Last edited by mikefor20,
Reactions: MasterJ360 and 330

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Nauru
She gives awesome head. She actually loves me and likes making me feel good. You probably never knew that felling before did you poor man rich man? I hope you find love. And she takes half your shit, :)
:rofl2::rofl2::rofl2: oh fuck there go my kidneys!!!

We can discuss some more about your inferiority complex as soon as I get back from the hospital. Smh poor people will bitch about anything shiny they can't have.

Last edited by 330,

CallmeBerto

The Lone Wanderer
Trophies
Website
steamcommunity.com
XP
Country
United States
Tax money doesn't go to abortion services, some goes to Planned Parenthood for other services (like breast cancer screenings). Regardless, we're still forced to pay for things we don't like constantly through taxes. You don't get to pick and choose, otherwise I wouldn't have put up any money for the Iraq and Afghanistan wars.

Abortion was brought to the table and I don't want to pay for it. If wars were brought to the table I would make a judgement as well. I think we can both agree the government does things with our tax money we rather they not do.

Reactions: DarthDub

osaka35

Instructional Designer
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
People who get abortions are bad people. Sex makes babies, news flash. Then again idc if they want to get one or not just don't make me pay for it.

You can do whatever you want with your body just don't ask me to pay for it. When you ask the government to pay for something you are giving them power over that thing.

Men and women are different both physically and mentally. Thinking otherwise is silly.
Your moral imperative would seem to hinge on the idea that a fertilized egg is the equivalent to a baby that is just born. If this were true, I would agree. But this is not true. To understand why this is not true, we must understand a bit of biology and how cells and the like works. Essentially, a fertilized egg is a stem cell. A blue-print. You have a lot of those in your body, here and there. As a side-note, scientist are working on reprogramming those cells so they could become something that could eventually become a person :P or, rather, it's possible, but we're still figuring out exactly how we'd handle those implications. Anyway, the important bit to take away from that is how a fertilized cell is more like...the plans to a person, not the final product. using the female's body for the parts needed, the cells eventually build a person and then that person is born. The point at which the plans become the person is arguable, but most people agree around the third trimester, for a variety of reasons that are too complex to easily explain. To put it simply: an abortion before a certain point is really just canceling the paperwork to getting a person built.

We have a government to handle the issues that we don't have time to handle as part of our day-to-day. We vote for folks who share our views, and we hope they pass laws that reflect our needs as a people and as a community. So then we can go about devoting ourselves to our passions and desires. We all put in money, the government provides services we want with that money that no one would be able to do on their own (roads, healthcare, utilities, etc). We want women to be able to have access to abortions easily, and with no judgement. So we want our tax money to provide for that. it's fairly straightforward.

Just saying giving them money gives them the power, is to misunderstand how the government works. The government is made up of people. Change the people, and the government will essentially function differently. That's why we vote.

Last edited by osaka35,

LightyKD

Future CEO of OUYA Inc.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wow, a controversy board. If it's here, I might as well use it.

So.... What exactly were women marching for? I did a quick Google search and all the Wikipedia page said was "women's rights". That was vague so I Googled women's rights which told me, "Issues commonly associated with notions of women's rights include, though are not limited to, the right: to bodily integrity and autonomy; to be free from sexual violence; to vote; to hold public office; to enter into legal contracts; to have equal rights in family law; to work; to fair wages or equal pay; to have reproductive rights; to own property; to education." I'll go through these 1 by 1 because I'm confused.

Autonomy - so they want to make a self-governing country? Why?

Be free from sexual violence - this is a very real problem and a horrible one at that, but marching for it is like protesting against robbery. This world is evil and so are the people in it. You can't stop crime. There are certain measures you can take to reduce crime but you can't tell criminals to stop.

*SNIP*

First off I'm gonna go on a tangent and take this bitch off topic for a second. THE WORLD IS NOT EVIL!. Repeat it with me. THE...WORLD...IS...NOT...EVIL. I am fucking tired of people lumping a few bad apples with the entirety of the human species. Humans are in a delicate state of our development but this shall pass. Humans have great potential and we will eventually reach that. Right now, we are dealing with growing pains. Oh and to cover all bases, I don't care about what some damn holy book says about people living in sin and born sinners. Why the fuck would said deity make people if we were so horrible. Babies aren't born thinking that they're going to start a global war. Everyone is born with the same curiosity about life and it's the environment in which we are raised in that changes us. so again, repeat with me.... THE... WORLD.... IS.... NOT.... EVIL.....

Now, you may return to your regularly scheduled programming :)

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Abortion was brought to the table and I don't want to pay for it. If wars were brought to the table I would make a judgement as well. I think we can both agree the government does things with our tax money we rather they not do.
It's a delicate subject, but it's about time we got over this issue. Abortion has to be legal for those that need/want one. Criminalizing it would just have us return to the days of back-alley abortionists. Even with abortion legal, some people might have to seek alternatives because their state has closed all the clinics. I believe there's like one clinic for all of Texas.

SG854

Hail Mary
Trophies
XP
Country
Congo, Republic of the
The draft has nothing to do with women's issues, and women weren't allowed in the military at the time. Sure it was a benefit that they avoided the draft, but there might well have been plenty of women willing to join up who never got the chance.

In addition, guys who didn't want to go could just dodge the draft like Trump did.

Because nobody would've cared in the 80s.
Its does when people complain that women had no power in the past. Its important to bring up male issues to show that males didn't always have the power, and give a more complete picture on women's issues, both males and females were discriminated against in different ways. You are under the assumption that I said women are secretly planning to oppress males, but I never said that. Both men and women needed to do what was needed to survive.

Earnings Gap
I recommend reading Warren Farrells book why men earn more. All my points are taken from the book.​

• Males more often choose careers in hard sciences rather than liberal art.
  • Males more likely to work hazardous jobs. Hazardous jobs pay more.
  • Males more likely to work out door jobs. Like in rain, heat and snow.
  • Works in fields where you can't physically check out at the end of the day. Like Attorney vs Librarian.
  • Fields that have higher pay have lower fulfillment. Like working as an engineer rather than working in child care with kids.
  • Males more often choose fields that have higher financial and emotional risk, rather than picking a job that has more stability. Examples, venture capitalist vs super market cashier.
  • Males more often work in horrible shifts with horrible hours. Like Private practice medical doctor vs HMO doctor.
  • Males choose jobs with better pay that attracts less people. Like prison guard vs restaurant hostess. Many people wont choose prison guard so they increase pay to try to attract more people to that job.
  • Working with money is more likely going to earn you more money. It makes you good with money. Like Sales engineer vs french language scholar.
  • Even in the same field males choose higher paying sub fields. Surgeon vs Psychiatrist.
  • Males work more hours on average.
  • Males more often more years of experience in that specific job. Less likely to switch jobs as often.
  • Males work more weeks during the year.
  • Males are less absent from work.
  • Males more likely to commute farther for their job.
  • Men more likely to relocate for their job.
  • Males more often take bigger responsibilities even when job titles are the same.
  • Men more often pick jobs that are very dangerous and require less security.
  • And men overall produce more.
This is one the reasons why male life expectancy is shorter. Males choose stressful, less satisfying jobs, that takes a toll on their health, so they can make enough money to take care of their family. Men earn more not to discriminate against women, they earn more because they have responsibilities to take care of.
House wife is not work without pay
The husband earns more but the wife controls most of the husbands money. And the husbands money also becomes the wife's money. Who's the one that more often goes grocery shopping and chooses how to spend the money on food? Who's the one that takes the kids to go clothing shopping to buy them clothes? Who's the one that is more likely to choose what furniture to get and to make the majority of household decisions? Its mostly the women, while the male is at work.

Pew research shows that when it comes to household decisions is mostly women that are calling the shots. Even if the man earns more its mostly the female controlling the money. More money doesn't mean more decisions.
http://www.pewsocialtrends.org/2008...at-home-public-mixed-on-gender-roles-in-jobs/

70% to 80% of all consumer purchases are made by women. Even though they earn less they are making the majority of purchases.
This is why studies shows shopping malls have more floor space dedicated selling women items instead of selling male stuff.
https://www.forbes.com/sites/bridge...ould-know-about-women-consumers/#5ab12cbd6a8b
https://girlpowermarketing.com/statistics-purchasing-power-women/

Heres another about women making majority purchases in the home from Harvard business review.
https://hbr.org/2009/09/the-female-economy

And also women who are heads of household have a higher net worth than men. I mentioned this in one of your blogs. Im to lazy to retype it.
What should be considered in the wage gap debate is not only why males earn more, but how the money is spent afterwards and who's in control of that money. And women have a lot more control than people give credit to.​

Last edited by SG854,

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Its important to bring up male issues to show that males didn't always have the power
Before I even read on from that, how do you equate women not being able to join the military as them having more power than men? All the government/corporate leaders of the time were still men. Women had fewer rights (during either draft) than men.

I'm not sure what tilted your views on this stuff so much, but we are not under, nor have we ever been under a Matriarchy in America. Men founded this country and they're still the vast majority of its ruling class, it's as simple as that. I didn't make it that way and you didn't make it that way, so there's no need to get offended or defensive over the facts.

Funny enough, the one time women were the big wage earners and the most important people in town were the early days of the wild West. When they were prostitutes and madams in brothels, they would invest in other businesses and draw tourism, thus almost the entire town's economy was reliant on them. I'm sure modern day women would be pretty split on bringing brothels back into the mainstream.

Last edited by Xzi,
Reactions: CallmeBerto

Hanafuda

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Tax money doesn't go to abortion services, some goes to Planned Parenthood for other services (like breast cancer screenings). Regardless, we're still forced to pay for things we don't like constantly through taxes. You don't get to pick and choose, otherwise I wouldn't have put up any money for the Iraq and Afghanistan wars.

I agree with you on this, mostly. The part about how we're forced to pay for things through our tax contributions that aren't how we want it spent - just a part of living in a representative democracy. But there are at least 17 states that still use state Medicaid funds to pay for abortions. Technically they're not violating the Hyde amendment because as long as the amount they spend on abortions each year doesn't exceed the State's contribution to its overall Medicaid funding, they can say the money came strictly from in-state. Its a technicality, since money is fungible, but doesn't change that its still taxpayer-derived. I'm also not particularly opposed to it, but I would hope it is needs-based only (the daughter of a six-figure income household doesn't need the taxpayers to pay for her abortion so daddy doesn't find out).

RustInPeace

Samurai Cop
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Holy hot potatoes on a trampoline, what even is this thread.

As far as America goes, I really REALLY don't think we need yet another one of their oppression contest marches. We have issues on both sides, man and woman. Instead, people are running in circles, yet again trying to prove the wage gap exists once more.

The place where actual huge discrepancy between genders shows itself is Hollywood. By technicallity, Weinstein didn't do anything illegal, and it's all hearsay. But that by no means should mean that what he did was even remotely okay. He's a scumbag, plain and simple, and he clearly used his power to leverage towards actresses. At the same time, these women had to have some level of expectation here. If a creepy man calls you up to their hotel room at night to see if you'll be good for the movie, there's something being blatantly implied, that they're accepting by stepping foot in the door.

I'm not saying the women are at fault themselves for going along with it, Weinstein is a piece of garbage for making them feel like they have to do such things for a role. It's just, Hollywood is a cesspool that is skewed against women, most certainly. But let's be real--while this is a huge issue, it doesn't really affect women in their average daily lives.

If men tried to March for equal rights in child custody cases, they'd be laughed at and berated. This march is nothing more than women getting an ego boost and rallying how terrible Trump is. They're free to do so, but it's a bit of a waste of time and resources.

7 pages and I was looking to see if a woman posted here. Thankfully yes.

Also, something that's come to mind lately. The women complaining about this and that, you know, it's a lot worse in other countries. Can't remember what country doesn't allow this or didn't in the past, but women couldn't drive? Abu Dhabi or Qatar, something middle eastern, I vaguely remember some global news disaster involving Indian women kidnapped and such? Women forced into marriage by religion, doctrine, law, what have you. Meanwhile there's (unattractive) women accusing Franco of things more in line with someone that's just too horny and a little aggressive, and some of these women admitting to having crushes on him and not really calling him a monster, yet are monsters themselves for basically assassinating his career. And I'm not a big Franco fan, I'm attached loosely because he's tied to the best movie ever made, The Room, so he has my eternal respect for what he did for that movie and its backstory.

Franco and Aziz Ansari were the turning points for me, to where I'm thinking, "Okay, things are going way too far." It's funny how the witch hunts out in the real world are happening, but I just believed they only existed on the internet...like in this forum...ahem. Anyways.

Reactions: DRAGONBALLVINTAGE

Noj

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
its basically just a big "I hate white men and trump" rally
Its all swings and round abouts mate...ur turn, my turn, theirs honestly just like whats in fashion one big circle.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

To comfort themselves for the pathetic life they’ve had so far? All the while young women are being stoned, mutulated and treated like shit in the Mide East and they don’t bat an eye. But hey, whay can ya do
Help both parties they both have valid causes whether they are being stoned or have pathetic lives eutopia baby [emoji4]

Dear god, this is what happens in an echo chamber. Yeah, all the men who established government and our nation's laws totally wrote them to fuck themselves over. Makes sense.

That's why Donald Trump can be born into wealth, sit on his fat ass all his life doing nothing, and then be elected president. Because he was being kept down by the woman Illuminati. /s
Rofl

SG854

Hail Mary
Trophies
XP
Country
Congo, Republic of the
Before I even read on from that, how do you equate women not being able to join the military as them having more power than men? All the government/corporate leaders of the time were still men. Women had fewer rights (during either draft) than men.

I'm not sure what tilted your views on this stuff so much, but we are not under, nor have we ever been under a Matriarchy in America. Men founded this country and they're still the vast majority of its ruling class, it's as simple as that. I didn't make it that way and you didn't make it that way, so there's no need to get offended or defensive over the facts.

Funny enough, the one time women were the big wage earners and the most important people in town were the early days of the wild West. When they were prostitutes and madams in brothels, they would invest in other businesses and draw tourism, thus almost the entire town's economy was reliant on them. I'm sure modern day women would be pretty split on bringing brothels back into the mainstream.
I'll talk about the military in another post but I still have more on the wage gap I want to talk about.
Edit: Also I never said women had full power over men. Men not having power doesn't mean women have full power. They both needed to do what was necessary to survive.

The earnings gap is actually a mother and father gap. Women who don’t marry and don’t have kids actually out earn men who are never married and never had kids. Women who don’t have kids make 117% of what men who don’t have kids make. Does this mean women who don’t have kids are discriminating men who don’t have kids? No it doesn’t. Does this mean men who have kids are discriminating men who don’t have kids. No it doesn’t. When they don’t have kids women make choices men normally make and men without kids make choices women normally make causing this earnings gap.

Asian men earn 117% of what white men earn. Does this mean whites are being discriminated against and asians have power in society. No. It would be stupid to think so. Asians just make choices that makes them earn more.

The earnings gap is caused when couples have kids. Women more often take time away from work to take care of the kids, leading to less hours, less overtime, less night shifts, more part time and less money. People then say its not fair that women are disadvantaged for having kids and men aren’t. What people don’t realize is that men are also disadvantaged for having kids. Since the wife is now earning less the man now has to make up for what the wife is not making and also needs to earn more because he now has more mouths to feed. He has to work more over time, work night shifts, find jobs that he less likes, sometimes taking a second job, sometimes even giving up his dream job just so he can earn more. This is why men who have kids out earn men who don’t have kids. Because now there is an incentive to earn more. Its the kids that causes the Earnings gap.

Having kids mean more work for the man. Not many people likes work. Just look at all the comments of people saying they wish they didn’t have to work so much. They said they would rather be at home with their family and wish they had more free time for hobbies like video games. But they have to work to take care of financial responsibilities. People don’t see how having kids also disadvantages the man.

No competent economists takes the wage gap seriously. There are many studies that control for variables, and wage gap practically disappears. Some studies shows that even with controlled variables there is a few cents in the gap, but often they are missing other variables causing the gap, like for example not including wage negotiation, which men more often do. When you look overall at multiple studies and look to control for variables then wage gap becomes basically non existent.

Wage gap isn’t a systemic discrimination out to get women. Why would a man want women to be payed less, which would to less money for the family and more work for himself to make up that difference? And wouldn’t a women making less mean more women would be hired over a man, because more money for the company. Companies would jump at any chance to increase their earnings.

If people see that the wage gap isn’t caused by paying women less, which is illegal by law, they blame it on society. They say that there is social discrimination and no push for women to earn more. Like women not negotiating higher wages. When women have no incentive to earn more because she has a husband to make the majority of money then she doesn’t have that same pressure to negotiate higher wages like men do. Data showing more women working part time then men should show that women don’t have as much incentive to earn more right?

Also usually when women gets custody of their kids in divorce, and can’t afford to have their kids, they can get governmental state benefits to help with costs. When a man can’t pay child support he goes to jail, there is hardly any governmental help for him. The man now has an incentive to earn more and negotiate higher wages or else it jail for him. The women having government taking care of some of those costs for her doesn’t have that same incentive. If people want to remove societal factors that causes women to earn less, then they would have to get rid of governmental social programs that help women. And how many are willing to do that?

Also women being able to choose to stay at home with the kids shows that they have choices rather than lack of choice. Remember they can only do this with access to governmental programs, and having a husband that earns enough, and earns the majority of money. If there is no husband and no government, then they can’t be a stay at home mom, can’t work part time, and would be forced to work full time to pay for their expenses. When a couple has kids, especially the first few months, 40% of women choose to work full time, 40% become stay at home moms, and 20% have a mixture of both. While for the male his choices are work, work, and work. The woman has choices to pick a life style that caters to her needs while the man doesn’t.

There was an article about women in the UK being more and more the primary breadwinner and the women said that they didn’t like it. They said that they felt really intense pressure, tiredness and strain to earn the majority of the money, and to have other people rely on them to bring home a steady pay check. But I thought that when men had to do this and have society push them more to earn more it was called male privilege and patriarchal oppression?

Last edited by SG854,

dpad_5678

Ape weak on own. Ape strong in unity.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Trump: I groped someone.
Protesters: He groped someone!
Trump Supporters: LIES! LIBERAL CONSPIRACIES! FAKE NEWS!!!!1111!!!1!

SG854

Hail Mary
Trophies
XP
Country
Congo, Republic of the
7 pages and I was looking to see if a woman posted here. Thankfully yes.

Also, something that's come to mind lately. The women complaining about this and that, you know, it's a lot worse in other countries. Can't remember what country doesn't allow this or didn't in the past, but women couldn't drive? Abu Dhabi or Qatar, something middle eastern, I vaguely remember some global news disaster involving Indian women kidnapped and such? Women forced into marriage by religion, doctrine, law, what have you. Meanwhile there's (unattractive) women accusing Franco of things more in line with someone that's just too horny and a little aggressive, and some of these women admitting to having crushes on him and not really calling him a monster, yet are monsters themselves for basically assassinating his career. And I'm not a big Franco fan, I'm attached loosely because he's tied to the best movie ever made, The Room, so he has my eternal respect for what he did for that movie and its backstory.

Franco and Aziz Ansari were the turning points for me, to where I'm thinking, "Okay, things are going way too far." It's funny how the witch hunts out in the real world are happening, but I just believed they only existed on the internet...like in this forum...ahem. Anyways.
People say it as if only women's thoughts matter in this situation. Usually things that affect women also affects men. When people only look for women's thoughts and not hear what males go through, its not wonder that peoples views are skewed, and don't see how males suffer, and since they don't hear about male suffering, they think they are privileged and benefiting at the expense of women. People say that men don't know what women go through. Well ok thats fine but women don't know what men go through.

In India there are anti male laws that deny men the same protection women have. The Indian Penal code has many laws that heavily discriminates men. There is a law in the Indian Penal code, that is abused by many women, that not only affects the man, but also his entire family. Its called 498a. Suicide rates for men in marriages is extremely high because of laws that discriminates against them.

Here is a suicide video of a man in India, crying on camera, because his wife prevented him from seeing his kids and said his wife ruined his life with 498A law.

And here is a very important video on India everyone should watch because it explains how men are heavily discriminated against in India's legal system. Men are just as important to the conversation as women.

Last edited by SG854,

RustInPeace

Samurai Cop
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
People say it as if only women's thoughts matter in this situation. Usually things that affect women also affects men. When people only look for women's thoughts and not hear what males go through, its not wonder that peoples views are skewed, and don't see how males suffer, and since they don't hear about male suffering, they think they are privileged and benefiting at the expense of women. People say that men don't know what women go through. Well ok thats fine but women don't know what men go through.

In India there are anti male laws that deny men the same protection women have. The Indian Penal code has many laws that heavily discriminates men. There is a law in the Indian Penal code, that is abused by many women, that not only affects the man, but also his entire family. Its called 498a. Suicide rates for men in marriages is extremely high because of laws that discriminates against them.

Here is a suicide video of a man in India, crying on camera, because his wife prevented him from seeing his kids and said his wife ruined his life with 498A law.

And here is a very important video on India everyone should watch because it explains how men are heavily discriminated against in India's legal system. Men are just as important to the conversation as women.

I guess I should've clarified that after reading loads of male thoughts on the matter, I just yearned for a female take. Variety, can't be faulted for that.

Kingy

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I really don't think these quote-on-quote "rights actvists" need to exist in most 1st world countries, especially since all of the reasons in the OP are not a problem. (Especially "equal pay"- the wage gap doesn't exist, it was disproven more times than Bill Gates' net worth) How about they march down into the Middle East instead, where there are actual problems needing to be solved?

Last edited by Kingy,

pustal

Yeah! This is happenin'!
Trophies
Website
web.archive.org
XP
Country
Portugal
I hadn't even realized the wage gap was made up, or even thought to consider it for that matter. I guess this is a classic example of acting without research.

Then have some actual research before accepting some random strangers BS: data.oecd.org/earnwage/gender-wage

Wow, a controversy board. If it's here, I might as well use it.

So.... What exactly were women marching for? I did a quick Google search and all the Wikipedia page said was "women's rights". That was vague so I Googled women's rights which told me, "Issues commonly associated with notions of women's rights include, though are not limited to, the right: to bodily integrity and autonomy; to be free from sexual violence; to vote; to hold public office; to enter into legal contracts; to have equal rights in family law; to work; to fair wages or equal pay; to have reproductive rights; to own property; to education." I'll go through these 1 by 1 because I'm confused.

Autonomy - so they want to make a self-governing country? Why?

Be free from sexual violence - this is a very real problem and a horrible one at that, but marching for it is like protesting against robbery. This world is evil and so are the people in it. You can't stop crime. There are certain measures you can take to reduce crime but you can't tell criminals to stop.

Equal rights in family law - please enlighten me. Don't we already have this?

To work - we've had that one for a while now. Good job

Equal pay - i have no critisism on this one. Equal pay should be real.

Reproductive rights - is that supposed to be like abortion and whatnot? If so, they already have the right to abort.

To own property - Already have it. Good job

Education - Already have it. Good job.

So it seems to me that only one of these reasons has much weight to it. That reason is equal pay. If that's really it, then why aren't they just marching for equal pay?

Now I'm really not trying to start a fight. I genuinely want someone to show me the other side of the coin. Thank you and have a nice day.

As for your original questions, the protests were world wide and different countries provide different rights. As for the US, things awfully vary between states. Abortion can be either allowed, illegal or regulated in such a way it is difficult for women to get one. Insurance often covers Viagra while not birth control pills. Politicians in more conservative areas still say and defend sexist ideas, etc. These particular protests are also a way to call out that the US elected a self bragged sexual predator and many people are OK with this. Not to mention the Hollywood reveals empowered many women to speak up against abuses at the workplace.

On a side note, I understand many people in the gaming scene are angry at feminists because because a couple of years ago some women took advantage of the feminist struggle to make easy money from the video game market. And, for some reason, people are becoming more and more of dualities, not sure if because of US politics were the choice is always between two parties and extreme views, of for something else. But while these money grabbers made a living out of screaming nonsense, there are real problems out there that need to be addressed. In the case of video games in particular, honestly there are some issues - none that I ever heard pointed out by them - but not because there is a male patriarchy conspiring against women or misogyny but because many games are produced by people in a country or zone of the globe were the traditional roles of women have been hard to break. And this does not produce misogynistic people but rather people who are exposed to a false or dated view of women and act accordingly - and I'm thinking of kids who come around asking how to talk to girls, because they have different expectations to the role of the woman than women take, white knights who actually think a girl needs a guy to argue for them, etc - and then the haters who feel rejected because themselves cannot see how women are less different to men, etc.

Last edited by pustal,

dpad_5678

Ape weak on own. Ape strong in unity.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I really don't think these quote-on-quote "rights actvists" need to exist in most 1st world countries, especially since all of the reasons in the OP are not a problem. (Especially "equal pay"- the wage gap doesn't exist, it was disproven more times than Bill Gates' net worth) How about they march down into the Middle East instead, where there are actual problems needing to be solved?
You're saying the US has no problems? Nationalist filth detected.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Keep current Gen consoles stock mod last gen imo