• Friendly reminder: The politics section is a place where a lot of differing opinions are raised. You may not like what you read here but it is someone's opinion. As long as the debate is respectful you are free to debate freely. Also, the views and opinions expressed by forum members may not necessarily reflect those of GBAtemp. Messages that the staff consider offensive or inflammatory may be removed in line with existing forum terms and conditions.

Effort in Colorado to keep Trump off ballot fails

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
do you have a source on that? if so, you and i need to become good friends so you can tell tell me the future.
...This is all stuff that happened in the past. The evidence is exhaustive whether we're talking about video footage, tweets, whatever. The ruling has been made, and I'm even willing to bet SCOTUS won't touch on that part of it. If they want to side with Trump they're more likely to argue semantics when it comes to the word "officer." Imagine ending US democracy over semantics.

Last edited by Xzi,
Reactions: Dark_Ansem

lolcatzuru

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
...This is all stuff that happened in the past. The evidence is exhaustive whether we're talking about video footage, tweets, whatever. The ruling has been made, and I'm even willing to bet SCOTUS won't touch on that part of it. If they want to side with Trump they're more likely to argue semantics when it comes to the word "officer."

ill be honest with you, and you will probably insult me on this as you really seem to do that regardless, but i dont know why they would even argue the term " officer" though it would be a pretty funny meme moment if trump told them he wasnt their president like they said for so long. It comes down to the word " engaged in". Since you claim that you are from colorado, ill assume you are familiar with colorado law regarding disorderly conduct laws, and more specifically how they specifically mention that one is being disorderly by discharging a firearm ( which is fair ) EXCEPT those ENGAGED in legal target practice. So, you could argue as to what constitutes being " engaged in" target practice means, but ill give you the benefit of the doubt and assume you have a rational/reasonable assessment of it. The way this relates back to trump is, that trumped was not part of the "riot" or "rebellion", if he had been there, thats totally completely fine then and id be out of an argument, but unless you can pin determining the meeting place, date,time, website URL or anything SPECIFICALLY to trump, then yes, its an abuse of that phrase, otherwise from now on anyone can discharge a weapon and say they are engaged in target practice even if theres no real way to connect those dots.

x65943

i can be your sega dreamcast or sega nightmarecast
OP
Supervisor
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, that's what Trump and his braindead cronies did on January 6th. Actions have consequences.

It depends on their willingness to put their own necks on the line by publicly wiping their asses with the constitution. Trump has everything to gain here, and the justices have everything to lose. I'm not going to say it's a done deal that they'll side with Trump, because self-preservation will weigh heavily on them too. This particular amendment cannot be ignored without beginning to unravel the entire constitutional order. Their lifetime appointments aren't worth a flaming bag of dog shit if that falls apart.
If it was putting their necks on the line or as obvious as you say then 3 Democrat judges from Colorado would not have dissented

You are disingenuous at best and absolutely out of touch with reality at worst

I fear the latter

• Haha

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Guys. It's not a popularity contest. You all suck. Go for the next thing.
Yeah, the other candidates aren't exactly stellar. But if argue that the election (or republican nominee, I this case) is about as popularity contest as it gets.
Post automatically merged:

Even if you don't like Trump you have to admit and realize this is undemocratic which the left and the media are always saying "Democracy is under attack" and then this happens.
What do you want me to say?
"Yeah... It sucks to have a constitution that is upheld.", perhaps? Or "maybe he shouldn't have incited an insurrection after swearing an oath to uphold democracy"?

It would've been a different thing if this was ruled after the Republicans picked their nominee. But it isn't. As it is, they can just nominate someone else to represent them.

Last edited by Taleweaver,
Reactions: Xzi and Dark_Ansem

Dark_Ansem

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
"Yeah... It sucks to have a constitution that is upheld.", perhaps? Or "maybe he shouldn't have incited an insurrection after swearing an oath to uphold democracy"?
they only like the constitution when it allows them to line their pockets and let innocent kids die for the benefit of the NRA and 2nd amendment nutjobs

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
If it was putting their necks on the line or as obvious as you say then 3 Democrat judges from Colorado would not have dissented
If Trump is allowed on the ballot, loses, and then causes mass rioting and violence by claiming the election was again stolen from him, those justices who sided with him will have to be held responsible (impeached). If Trump is allowed on the ballot, wins, and cancels all future elections, those justices who sided with him will have to be held responsible (impeached by the sharp end of a guillotine).

They couldn't possibly pick a worse person to gamble their futures and the future of the country on. The red flags don't get any bigger than verbatim Hitler quotes.

x65943

i can be your sega dreamcast or sega nightmarecast
OP
Supervisor
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If Trump is allowed on the ballot, loses, and then causes mass rioting and violence by claiming the election was again stolen from him, those justices who sided with him will have to be held responsible (impeached). If Trump is allowed on the ballot, wins, and cancels all future elections, those justices who sided with him will have to be held responsible (impeached by the sharp end of a guillotine).

They couldn't possibly pick a worse person to gamble their futures and the future of the country on. The red flags don't get any bigger than verbatim Hitler quotes.
Would you also impeach the 3 Democrat Colorado supreme Court justices who dissented???

It's not as black and white as you think and you can't jail judges just because you disagree with them

• Haha

Jayinem

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Do Democrats forget that Nancy Pelosi and others were on TV in the Summer of 2020 encouraging Black Lives Matter to riot and cause chaos? Where's their charges? Oh that doesn't fit the agenda huh.

I guess to some of you it's cool to attack innocent businesses and people just as long as you don't go in the Capitol. I remember when Democrats didn't worship Government they rebelled against it. Now you all pander to the Democrat Party many of you supported Ukraine when you probably never heard of Ukraine before the war. Grow some balls, fuck the Government.

• Haha

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Would you also impeach the 3 Democrat Colorado supreme Court justices who dissented???
If theirs was the final decision which allowed Trump on the ballot, and he did either of those things as a result, absolutely. For the twentieth time, this isn't about political affiliation. It's about enforcing a very important part of the constitution which maintains democracy.

It's not as black and white as you think and you can't jail judges just because you disagree with them
It is black and white. No running for office after you've demonstrated a willingness to use violence and terrorism to get what you want. Why? Because you're guaranteed to use it again, duh. If the Supreme Court justices "disagree" with enforcing the constitution, then they have no business being on the bench in the first place, and they're still entirely responsible for the fallout caused by their negligent decisions.

Last edited by Xzi,

Jayinem

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Never happened.

Dare you to click play watch it and say it never happened again. Yes of course it happened, either you weren't paying attention or hoped some of us would forget.

Post automatically merged:

Another video

That's one thing you never do is claim something definitively when you can be proven stupid doing it.

Jayinem

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You didn't even have time to watch it before replying. I guess you're claiming the video used AI and that wasn't Nancy Pelosi and company doing that. Some of us remember it, your desperation is showing.

I'd prefer someone be honest and just say they DGAF what Democrats do they only care what Trump does. At least it's honesty.

• Haha

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    there a bunch of good games missing, one of them (which makes a lot of sense for this type of game) was wario woods
  • a_username_that_isnt_cool @ a_username_that_isnt_cool:
    whoever made flog cared about NES golf
  • a_username_that_isnt_cool @ a_username_that_isnt_cool:
    i brung that up because i remembered it randomly and it has become my hyperfixation
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    nes remix 1 had the bad one, nes remix 2 had the good one
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @genistopitauniverfrocrami, What drugs is this dude on?
    +1
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    CRAZY HAMBURGER
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @NinStar both nes remix 1 and 2 had some stinkers in there
    +1
    but at least 2 doesn't have sports games
    loved nes remix, but hated having to play Baseball, Tennis and Golf in order to progress
    +1
    or fucking Clu Clu Land for that matter
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Not a big fan of NES kid Icarus either... I know it was popular but I didn't care for it.
    Yesterday I learned my BD Burner drive can burn CD's at 56X lol
  • cearp @ cearp:
    What stuff were you burning?
    I used to burn tons of dvds (data files) many years ago, but haven't burnt a disk in ages.
    My car actually reads MP3 CD's lol
    So mix CDs for myselt :)
    Pantera, Metallica, Hollywood Undead, Five Finger Death Punch, some others lol
    I can put like 90 songs on a CD lol
    if only it could read dvds then you would just need 1 disc
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i tell ya what, i could go for a fuckin gyro right about now
    +1
  • cearp @ cearp:
    I hope your brother is doing ok Mr BakerMan
    +1
  • cearp @ cearp:
    and Psi - I had a cd player / radio that played mp3 cds once, very cool
    +1
    BakerMan yeah me too.... maybe that's gonna be dinner for me there is this place near me I have been dying to try and they have them lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I miss usb mp3 players they were shit but at the time a go to
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I miss usb mp3 players they were shit but at the time a go to