Gay-bashing parents.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MelodieOctavia

Just your friendly neighborhood Transbian.
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
yourmom.com
XP
Country
Djibouti
QUOTE said:
Hmm, you must be reading the NDV of the Torah (New Dumbass Version) because I cannot find any translation of Deut. 22:11 that says wearing shatnez is punishable by death. Enlighten us O' Wise One.

Hey dude, you got me. I'll admit when I'm wrong, and I apologize. I must have mixed the punishable by death thing with another obscure and ludicrous passage in the OT. Either way, my point being is there is nothing in the New Testament that says anything about "lying with a man". This book was written a hell of a long time ago, and not everything applies to modern day life anymore.

cruddybuddy

Group: Banned!
Banned
Trophies
Website
varpness.com
XP
Country
United States
TwinRetro said:
QUOTE said:
Hmm, you must be reading the NDV of the Torah (New Dumbass Version) because I cannot find any translation of Deut. 22:11 that says wearing shatnez is punishable by death. Enlighten us O' Wise One.

Hey dude, you got me. I'll admit when I'm wrong, and I apologize. I must have mixed the punishable by death thing with another obscure and ludicrous passage in the OT. Either way, my point being is there is nothing in the New Testament that says anything about "lying with a man". This book was written a hell of a long time ago, and not everything applies to modern day life anymore.

What I don't understand is why homosexual men and women feel the need to justify their lifestyles through the Bible, either old or new Testament. In fact, there are verses in the New Testament that state homosexuality is not accepted by God. I'll allow you to search for them on your own for a while, and if you don't find any, I'll send you one. No, it doesn't say "lying with a man" verbatim, but it's impossible to misunderstand.

But who cares? Why do people feel the need to be justified by a god they don't serve anyway?

MelodieOctavia

Just your friendly neighborhood Transbian.
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
yourmom.com
XP
Country
Djibouti
cruddybuddy said:
TwinRetro said:
QUOTE said:

What I don't understand is why homosexual men and women feel the need to justify their lifestyles through the Bible, either old or new Testament. In fact, there are verses in the New Testament that state homosexuality is not accepted by God. I'll allow you to search for them on your own for a while, and if you don't find any, I'll send you one. No, it doesn't say "lying with a man" verbatim, but it's impossible to misunderstand.

But who cares? Why do people feel the need to be justified by a god they don't serve anyway?

Well, it was the Christians that started throwing bible verses against the gay community in the first place. you could say they're just fighting fire with fire.

As for your last comment. I know plenty of gay and bisexual people that go to church, so that's really not a fair comment.

cruddybuddy

Group: Banned!
Banned
Trophies
Website
varpness.com
XP
Country
United States
TwinRetro said:
cruddybuddy said:
TwinRetro said:
QUOTE said:

Well, it was the Christians that started throwing bible verses against the gay community in the first place. you could say they're just fighting fire with fire.

As for your last comment. I know plenty of gay and bisexual people that go to church, so that's really not a fair comment.

Yeah, and I have known adulterers, thieves, and violent criminals that have gone to church too, but it doesn't change what the bible says about those "sins." Hell, the Christian church is full of hypocrites. They are KNOWN for being hypocrites. Homosexual men going to church, pretending that it's acceptable, are no different from any other church hypocrite.

Midna

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Albania
Yes, the bible does specifically condemns gayness. As well as a few other things.

Sexual practices strongly condemned by the bible:

DEUTERONOMY 22:13-21
If it is discovered that a bride is not a virgin, the Bible demands that she be executed by stoning immediately.
DEUTERONOMY 22:22
If a married person has sex with someone else's husband or wife, the Bible commands that both adulterers be stoned to death.
MARK 10:1-12
Divorce is strictly forbidden in both Testaments, as is remarriage of anyone who has been divorced.
LEVITICUS 18:19
The Bible forbids a married couple from having sexual intercourse during a woman's period. If they disobey, both shall be executed.
MARK 12:18-27
If a man dies childless, his widow is ordered by biblical law to have intercourse with each of his brothers in turn until she bears her deceased husband a male heir.
DEUTERONOMY 25:11-12
If a man gets into a fight with another man and his wife seeks to rescue her husband by grabbing the enemy's genitals, her hand shall be cut off and no pity shall be shown her.

I can come up with several dozen more of these if you like. And you'll have to abandon your "the bible says gayness is a sin" act at one point if you're not going to be following through with all of the Bible's other commandments.

DJ91990

Grookey Gang!
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
What makes the Laptop and iPod gay? Are they Rainbow colored? Or do they have a skull and crossbones that says MANLY!! on them?

Whatever...this is just wrong, and I also think it is against the law in most of this country but seeing as it is in Vegas Nevada...the only state in the United States that considers prostitution and human trafficking LEGAL I guess he's screwed. Don't believe me on the human trafficking thing? Look up Prostitution on Wikipedia and then look at the Legal world chart and be pissed on the %2 of the country that dis-agrees! HAVE A MAJORITY RULE!!

Also @Minda;

You be trolln'

Paarish

Connor's Nublet
Trophies
XP
Country
Even though I'm not Muslim/Chrisitian/Jewish, I do not believe what the Bible/Torah/Qur'an tells me, purely because they are written from MAN and are not taken from the words of God. God created us so he made us gay. If homosexuality is a choice (which it isn't) then he knows that we would choose to be gay. Ergo, God intentionally created gays

ProtoKun7

GBAtemp Time Lord Regenerations: 4
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Sterl500 said:
This guy's mom is handling this improperly. If you think your son or daughter is gay, or acting gay, then you need to sit down and talk. There may be a problem in his or her life that needs to be addressed. The Bible may be something that anyone of a certain faith needs to heed, but it has not aged well. It never took into account what would be going on in the future. People's cultures change, and innovations occur. I think that some parts of the Bible can be, and should be marked out. It's kind of like the Constitution and slavery deal.
Actually, it's aged perfectly.

QUOTE(30084pm @ Nov 2 2010, 10:19 AM) Even though I'm not Muslim/Chrisitian/Jewish, I do not believe what the Bible/Torah/Qur'an tells me, purely because they are written from MAN and are not taken from the words of God.
Your logic is skewed. It was authored by God, though it was physically written by men. Think of a secretary writing a letter being dictated by her boss. The secretary is writing/typing it, but are they her words?

Paarish

Connor's Nublet
Trophies
XP
Country
ProtoKun7 said:
Your logic is skewed. It was authored by God, though it was physically written by men. Think of a secretary writing a letter being dictated by her boss. The secretary is writing/typing it, but are they her words?

These books were written a long time ago. There is no proof that they were dictated from God. I'm basically calling them liars.

ProtoKun7

Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Yes, you are and yes there is.

And you're wrong.
wink.gif

Still, I don't want to drag this off topic.

Paarish

Connor's Nublet
Trophies
XP
Country
Infinite Zero said:
30084pm said:
God created us so he made us gay. If homosexuality is a choice (which it isn't) then he knows that we would choose to be gay.
Are you saying that once a baby is born, and for example he turned out to be homosexual in adulthood, he is gay since birth?

It's possible. However, we are brought in a world were the norm is for males to pair up with females and thus during childhood we are told that only men and women can have a relationship together. Which is why most people realise they are gay during puberty when we start developing. However, there are cases where people know they are gay since primary school (junior school)

jonxs

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Don't talk total shite, I have 3 brothers who are very straight, We were all brought up in the same household, went to the same school, I had no gay friends while growing up, and I turned out gay, of cause its not a choice, unless you choose to live a life of lies, so that's your belief out of the window!,

Any for all the stereo-typists out there no I also don't run around in pink hot pants singing 'I will Survive'

Puppy_Washer said:
I don't believe for a second that people are born gay. By the way, I have nothing against gay people at all.

I am a firm believer that the majority of what makes up a person (beliefs, most parts of personality) comes from their parents and their environment. And by environment, I mean friends, family, their own choices, and pretty much the world that they've been exposed to.

On the other hand, I also believe that being gay is mostly not a choice.

In summary, if I was born into a different family, I could have turned out gay.

BlueStar

Trophies
XP
Country
ProtoKun7 said:

Was God also guiding everyone who translated it into other languages? And the people who cut loads of books and passages out of the bible as they saw fit until we ended up with the King James version?

ProtoKun7

Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
BlueStar said:
ProtoKun7 said:

Was God also guiding everyone who translated it into other languages? And the people who cut loads of books and passages out of the bible as they saw fit until we ended up with the King James version?
He guided the original writing, though a lot of translators had their own agenda and translated it to fit their own desires. They aren't supported. Accurate translations do exist though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: