Hacking I'm on 4.1. Should I abandon all hope to eventually hack my switch?

yardie

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Switch has the appeal of being portable, with good controls and is perfect for emulation; emulating on a smartphone is really a PITA. Staying on older firmware will just prevent one from playing the latest games.
The switch is not the only portable system. You can get a damn psp, psvita or a 3ds if you want portable emulation so.bad

SoslanVanWieren

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
The switch won't be able to emulate the n64 either genius. Not even the ps3 can emulate the GameCube, why do you think the switch can emulate the GameCube?? Lol

Do you even know what you're talking about?
the shield tv can emulate most game cube games full speed or near full speed and thats on android also the wii u could emulate the n64 and ds

yardie

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the shield tv can emulate most game cube games full speed or near full speed and thats on android also the wii u could emulate the n64 and ds
The switch definitely won't be able to emulate the n64.

leonmagnus99

Trophies
XP
Country
Iraq
hot damn, so many of these threads lately !

nothing against it, to the OP buddy i would not give up hope entirely , mainly because i think there could be a chance like when 3.0 and below get homebrew then that might lead to more homebrew and in the long run there could be ways to even port all that to even the latest fw , but that will most likely only happen in the end life cycle of the switch..

my switch is on 2.3, and well i have pokken to up it to 3.0

but ffs. when the tales game that namco is working on turns out to be some exclusive for the switch i am updating and wont care about any homebrew/theming/solid browsers etc. (piracy too xD)

and well same goes for SMT V , i will update to the latest by then !

it is quite interesting because i usually had my ps3 hacked, did not have to buy too many games.

and the thing is i (downloaded too many games) , and i end up not playing more than half of them.

and on my ps4 i been buying games very often, from downtown and from psn (looking out for some sweet psn sales!).
and it has worked brilliantly for me, i have tons of ps4 games without the need to pirate them!

i do not often need to buy most, i only buy those i thoroughly check , google watch reviews and sh1t before buying.
and the other cool thing is, my bro has a ps4 and a very good friend of mine has a ps4, they both always share their games with me , so i am drowning in ps4 games atm.

Reactions: DayVeeBoi

Flame

Me > You
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
my old HTC desire was able to emulate the n64. even PSP can to a point, not every good but still.

the problem is not being able to emulate the n64 how much we want at this point. its also that we dont have n64 emu which is optimised for handheld devices.

Reactions: the_randomizer

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The switch is not the only portable system. You can get a damn psp, psvita or a 3ds if you want portable emulation so.bad

Excuse me? Who pissed in your cheerios? Switch has a bigger, crisper IPS display for starters, so what I said shouldn't upset you, really. Sheesh.:rolleyes: PSP can't even emulate the Snes without bad sound emulation, so yeah, screw that. And I already have a 3DS, so who are you to tell me what I should and shouldn't hack? :ph34r::creep:

The fucking Wii can lmao

Exactly, he doesn't know what he's blabbing off about lol

my old HTC desire was able to emulate the n64. even PSP can to a point, not every good but still.

the problem is not being able to emulate the n64 how much we want at this point. its also that we dont have n64 emu which is optimised for handheld devices.

Precisely, it's not a matter if, but when an emulator is ported over. There are N64 emulators written for ARM that can run on the Shield K1 full speed for most games, I certainly see Switch being a good candidate. Yardie is just messing with us.

Last edited by the_randomizer,
Reactions: Flame

Flame

Me > You
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Precisely, it's not a matter if, but when an emulator is ported over. There are N64 emulators written for ARM that can run on the Shield K1 full speed for most games, I certainly see Switch being a good candidate. Yardie is just messing with us.

my knowledge of N64 emu's isnt up to update, which emu would be good to port over to switch.

Mupen64Plus or project64

tunip3

[debugger active]
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
At this point you can't do much with homebrew either. To enjoy the games and honor the money you paid for this console, updating is nothing wrong.

People always say they wanted homebrew only for emulators, expect they can simply do it on any platform which is easier and cheaper than buying a Switch.

I purchased another Switch and have it stay on 3.0.0 so I don't have to go into any kind of drama. The only console I don't have a duplicate is Xbox One, which is very unlikely to have "real" homebrew within its life period.
well we have code execution on an older firmware in the browser and code execution a newer one just it hasnt been fully implemented and is private
ps what do you mean by real homebrew

Jackson98

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
The fucking Wii can lmao

The original wii handles many games at 100% with n64 emulation, I agree that the idea the switch couldn't handle 64 emulation is just laughable :P. It could probably even handle graphical upgrades to a certain extent aswell, if only Retroarch included N64.

QUOTE="yardie, post: 7756572, member: 387134"]The switch won't be able to emulate the n64 either genius. Not even the ps3 can emulate the GameCube, why do you think the switch can emulate the GameCube?? Lol

Do you even know what you're talking about?[/QUOTE]

I find it amusing reading comments like this when Nintendo have confirmed that they are including gamecube games as a part of their virtual console emulation :P. I might also add the switch is much more powerful than the old PS3 much closer in clock speed docked to the PS4 and XBone

Last edited by Jackson98,
Reactions: the_randomizer

ken28

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Enjoy your games bruh

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Ps3 is not switch
It's stupid to compare both systems
^this
the ps3 was a whole another beast, for one it had a self made cpu architectur which had close to 0 Documentation for it so everything needed to be done from scratch and the lv 0 security layer was really got protected.

The ps3 to this date is one of the most secure Platform ever. So secure that they used the Concept for the Psvita too.

Reactions: Vorde

Polopop123

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland
[/QUOTE]I find it amusing reading comments like this when Nintendo have confirmed that they are including gamecube games as a part of their virtual console emulation :P. I might also add the switch is a large much more powerful than the old PS3 much closer in clock speed docked to the PS4 and XBone[/QUOTE]
WHEre have they confirmed it?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Keep current Gen consoles stock mod last gen imo