Hacking I'm on 4.1. Should I abandon all hope to eventually hack my switch?

SoslanVanWieren

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
It likely would with even worse graphics. The switch is better than ps3, no one is saying it's the same, but it's still closer in power to the ps3 than the ps4
If you actually think it's comparable to PS4 you are only fooling yourself
Nintendo likes to put in more of the cost of the console with innovation rather then specs ps4 and xbox are focused on specs Nintendo isn't

TheCyberQuake

Certified Geek
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nintendo likes to put in more of the cost of the console with innovation rather then specs ps4 and xbox are focused on specs Nintendo isn't
I never said it was bad. The switch is my favorite console. I was just calling you out on your bs statement, which based on that response you are basically admitting it was wrong

Hybrid-T

Trophies
XP
Country
I sincerely don't understand buying a second $300 console purely for homebrew. Homebrew is cool, but not another $300 cool when I have more important things that the money can be used for. For $300 just buy another unit with an open ecosystem like a shield portable or gpd win.

Fair call, my opinion is I really enjoy playing the game as it was meant to be on that particular console. Obviously we are just sticking to the "Homebrew" conversation on this topic but I have a feeling this maybe be a *cough cough* exoloitable conversation

Reactions: TheCyberQuake

Nevermore

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My issue is that Nintendo keeps on releasing games worth playing, and doesn't have reasons for me to worry about homebrew (no censorship, dual audio options, just plain fun), that I haven't bothered to keep the firmware low lol.

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My issue is that Nintendo keeps on releasing games worth playing, and doesn't have reasons for me to worry about homebrew (no censorship, dual audio options, just plain fun), that I haven't bothered to keep the firmware low lol.

Yeah, it's pretty bloody conflicting to say the least. Maybe Nintendo truly won against hackers this time, what with there being no (apparent) exploits to be found on 4.x.x firmware. I'll be damned. Seeing RetroArch on Switch would've been nice.

Last edited by the_randomizer,

8BitWonder

Small Homebrew Dev
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, it's pretty bloody conflicting to say the least. Maybe Nintendo truly won against hackers this time, what with there being no (apparent) exploits to be found on 4.x.x firmware. I'll be damned. Seeing RetroArch on Switch would've been nice.
I'm sure there are other potential vulns for higher firms. It's just that 3.0.0 and below is much more interesting to look into at this point in time.
Plus it seems like the groundwork is being laid out for future homebrew. What with libnx, reswitched's library, and a homebrew launcher in the works. Better to have the foundation for homebrew done before poking holes in later firms imho. That being said, if you ever do want homebrew, just stick to whatever firm you're on and wait it out (as I'm sure you've read multiple times).

TL : DR
There are likely more vulns, <=3.0.0 is more interesting for development. Maybe higher firms will be investigated when homebrew foundation is laid out.

Last edited by 8BitWonder,
Reactions: the_randomizer

the_randomizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm sure there are other potential vulns for higher firms. It's just that 3.0.0 and below is much more interesting to look into at this point in time.
Plus it seems like the groundwork is being laid out for future homebrew. What with libnx, reswitched's library, and a homebrew launcher in the works. Better to have the foundation for homebrew done before poking holes in later firms imho. That being said, if you ever do want homebrew, just stick to whatever firm you're on and wait it out (as I'm sure you've read multiple times).

Unfortunately, I'm on the latest, so even if disconnect from the network, it doesn't exactly give me something to look forward to, if I'm gonna be honest. I suppose I can disconnect it from WiFi tomorrow, but yeah, who knows if/when, really. I know that we're at the rudiments of homebrew, and that's fine. I just want to be optimistic about it.

Reactions: 8BitWonder

orangy57

bruh
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Complete roll of the dice. An exploit for current could come out soon, in two years, or like never. It all depends on who is working to find exploits for the switch. Most consoles with have exploits for older firmwares, but it's usually for early adopters of homebrew. The 3DS had homebrew since like 2012 but it didn't become popular and reliable until the end of 2015. Everything takes patience

_______

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
So your opinion is everyone's? How about when they inevitably release some GameCube games, and not others? There's benefit to a hacked console. You should really try to avoid pushing your regret onto others' who have yet to make such a regretful decision ;)

Buying a Switch just to use the emulator (which may never be available and not by design) but not Switch games is not most people's opinion anyways. Yes there're always benefits to almost anything, but regretful because you can't give up what Switch meant to be and let it be another Wii U or GC? Lol, I don't know what kind of logic is that.

For backups, sure. For cheats? I got that. JUST for emulators? Like going to KFC and wanted to order a fu*kin' Big Mac? You must be some special kind of stupid.

Thirty3Three

Musician Member
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Buying a Switch just to use the emulator (which may never be available and not by design) but not Switch games is not most people's opinion anyways. Yes there're always benefits to almost anything, but regretful because you can't give up what Switch meant to be and let it be another Wii U or GC? Lol, I don't know what kind of logic is that.

For backups, sure. For cheats? I got that. JUST for emulators? Like going to KFC and wanted to order a fu*kin' Big Mac? You must be some special kind of stupid.
You completely missed my point.
Woooooosh.

eriol33

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
tbh, I think you are wasting your switch if you only want to use it for homebrew. sure, it's exciting to have your switch run retro emulators, but they can run elsewhere, and if you bought your switch hoping to use homebrew emulators, I think that's a twisted reason.

Reactions: TheCyberQuake

SoslanVanWieren

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
the fuses are the biggest problem you would need a boot exploit to get past it and patch out the fuse check.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

TL : DR
There are likely more vulns, <=3.0.0 is more interesting for development. Maybe higher firms will be investigated when homebrew foundation is laid out.
i think they have private exploits and are saving them for the future so they aren't going to tell you about newer exploits.

Astoria

Trophies
XP
Country
Costa Rica
the fuses are the biggest problem you would need a boot exploit to get past it and patch out the fuse check.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

i think they have private exploits and are saving them for the future so they aren't going to tell you about newer exploits.
SciresM has confirmed that there's no kernelhax for >1.0. Either public or private.

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
So your opinion is everyone's? How about when they inevitably release some GameCube games, and not others? There's benefit to a hacked console. You should really try to avoid pushing your regret onto others' who have yet to make such a regretful decision ;)
Pretty conceited viewpoint. To say that it's a regretful decision in such an objective tone is ignorance at best. As it stands the Switch scene is still in it's infancy. Homebrew is launched through a console, and it's highly limited. Kernel access is currently restricted to 1.0.0 with nothing on the horizon to take advantage of it. The future is unknown, but to have such a condescending tone toward those who updated is uncalled for.

the_randomizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah cause I sure want a 1.0 console for no kernalhax... There's no kernalhax exploits for <1.0, that is, is what Joseph said.

Right, but what I'm saying is 1.0 are near impossible to find, good luck finding one for a reasonable price. Let me know if you can find one that's not 400 dollars.

Who are you to come down on those who updated? So many condescending individuals with nothing better to do, how sad.

Jacklack3

( ゚ヮ゚) buddie was here
Trophies
Website
jackomix.neocities.org
XP
Country
Canada
Right, but what I'm saying is 1.0 are near impossible to find, good luck finding one for a reasonable price. Let me know if you can find one that's not 400 dollars.

Who are you to come down on those who updated? So many condescending individuals with nothing better to do, how sad.
Well I think Joseph mean't there was kernalhax on 1.0 but he said there wasn't and you were saying as if you wanted to get 1.0 for that reason.

elm

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why don’t people just enjoy the new games that are out now for the Switch. They are finally getting great 3rd party support, go buy some new games and have fun!

the_randomizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well I think Joseph mean't there was kernalhax on 1.0 but he said there wasn't and you were saying as if you wanted to get 1.0 for that reason.

I honestly don't know what to think, seeing as I'm on 4.0.2, and I've since disconnected my Switch to the internet, not that it'll do me any good now, at least I think. I don't know. Either way, exploitable Switch consoles will be overpriced no thanks to sophomoric scalpers.

Why don’t people just enjoy the new games that are out now for the Switch. They are finally getting great 3rd party support, go buy some new games and have fun!

Why don't people enjoy the premise of hacking their consoles without being told what they should and shouldn't do by others?

Reactions: MushGuy

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: https://torrentfreak.com/one-nintendo-dmca-notice-just-wiped-out-8535-yuzu-emulator-forks-240502/