Hacking I'm on 4.1. Should I abandon all hope to eventually hack my switch?

ScarletDreamz

[Debug Mode]
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
^this
the ps3 was a whole another beast, for one it had a self made cpu architectur which had close to 0 Documentation for it so everything needed to be done from scratch and the lv 0 security layer was really got protected.

The ps3 to this date is one of the most secure Platform ever. So secure that they used the Concept for the Psvita too.
Then they decide that a random function will trow every time a 4. and well.. they screw it up. lol.

ken28

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Then they decide that a random function will trow every time a 4. and well.. they screw it up. lol.
it didnt throw a 4 evertime but it was fairly easily predictable what would be the result which defeats the purpose of a randomgen. But they changed it in the next patch. if i remember right. ( but i think you know that)
The switch on the other hand a is already as open as the 3ds we only need more public exploits. I am sure they have atleast 1 other exploit , atleast thats what it sounded like.

Last edited by ken28,

SoslanVanWieren

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
dolphin runs wii and gamecube games near full speed there are frame drops in some games but its not extremly slow and thats how it runs on android the switches os is lightweight. the emulator also isn't that optimized.

Last edited by SoslanVanWieren,

SoslanVanWieren

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I find it amusing reading comments like this when Nintendo have confirmed that they are including gamecube games as a part of their virtual console emulation :P. I might also add the switch is a large much more powerful than the old PS3 much closer in clock speed docked to the PS4 and XBone[/QUOTE]
WHEre have they confirmed it?[/QUOTE]
any way and optimized emulator on the nvida shield can run game cube games at mostly full speed and thats on android

yardie

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I find it amusing reading comments like this when Nintendo have confirmed that they are including gamecube games as a part of their virtual console emulation :P. I might also add the switch is a large much more powerful than the old PS3 much closer in clock speed docked to the PS4 and XBone
WHEre have they confirmed it?[/QUOTE]
any way and optimized emulator on the nvida shield can run game cube games at mostly full speed and thats on android[/QUOTE]

The switch is no where close to the ps4
Look at the way it runs doom. It's a very powerful console for it's size and portability but stop lying to yourself

Reactions: DayVeeBoi

Hybrid-T

Trophies
XP
Country
Hard to say as always. This is when picking up a 2nd console is us the best idea. U can't be tempted to update it. New games come out and we want to play them and are forced to update. This is where a 2nd console comes in kept at the lowest firmware as possible. Ive usually kept 2 of each console since ps3 and 360 days. Don't abandon hope, the catch 22 if u want hombrew/exploit u can't update if u only have 1 console. It's possible it will happen look at the ps3 now clear example of what we didn't think was possible, things take time

TheCyberQuake

Certified Geek
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I find it amusing reading comments like this when Nintendo have confirmed that they are including gamecube games as a part of their virtual console emulation :P. I might also add the switch is a large much more powerful than the old PS3 much closer in clock speed docked to the PS4 and XBone
It is not close to the PS4 even when docked. It is very powerful for its size and the switch is my favorite of the three, but no it is closer to ps3 than it is to PS4.
Edit: removed extra text that tapatalk added. Its having a heart attack

Last edited by TheCyberQuake,

TheCyberQuake

Certified Geek
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hard to say as always. This is when picking up a 2nd console is us the best idea. U can't be tempted to update it. New games come out and we want to play them and are forced to update. This is where a 2nd console comes in kept at the lowest firmware as possible. Ive usually kept 2 of each console since ps3 and 360 days. Don't abandon hope, the catch 22 if u want hombrew/exploit u can't update if u only have 1 console. It's possible it will happen look at the ps3 now clear example of what we didn't think was possible, things take time
I sincerely don't understand buying a second $300 console purely for homebrew. Homebrew is cool, but not another $300 cool when I have more important things that the money can be used for. For $300 just buy another unit with an open ecosystem like a shield portable or gpd win.

SoslanVanWieren

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
It is not close to the PS4 even when docked. It is very powerful for its size and the switch is my favorite of the three, but no it is closer to ps3 than it is to PS4.
Edit: removed extra text that tapatalk added. Its having a heart attack
its close enough that some ps4 games are able to be ported to it they don't look as good but they aren't as bad as those wii ports were it can run doom even though it looks worser its good enough looking.

TheCyberQuake

Certified Geek
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
its close enough that some ps4 games are able to be ported to it they don't look as good but they aren't as bad as those wii ports were it can run doom even though it looks worser its good enough looking.
Yeah, and you know what other system got PS4 ports with downgraded graphics? Ps3. And so did 360 with xbone. So your point of "games from current gen can be ported" doesn't really work.

Thirty3Three

Musician Member
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
At this point you can't do much with homebrew either. To enjoy the games and honor the money you paid for this console, updating is nothing wrong.

People always say they wanted homebrew only for emulators, expect they can simply do it on any platform which is easier and cheaper than buying a Switch.

I purchased another Switch and have it stay on 3.0.0 so I don't have to go into any kind of drama. The only console I don't have a duplicate is Xbox One, which is very unlikely to have "real" homebrew within its life period.
So your opinion is everyone's? How about when they inevitably release some GameCube games, and not others? There's benefit to a hacked console. You should really try to avoid pushing your regret onto others' who have yet to make such a regretful decision ;)

SoslanVanWieren

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Yeah, and you know what other system got PS4 ports with downgraded graphics? Ps3. And so did 360 with xbone. So your point of "games from current gen can be ported" doesn't really work.
does because i don't think the 360 would be able to run 2016 doom there were games ported to the switch that would not run on the xbox one and ps3 the switch is in the middle of gen 7 and 8 consoles

TheCyberQuake

Certified Geek
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
does because i don't think the 360 would be able to run 2016 doom
It likely would with even worse graphics. The switch is better than ps3, no one is saying it's the same, but it's still closer in power to the ps3 than the ps4
If you actually think it's comparable to PS4 you are only fooling yourself

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Keep current Gen consoles stock mod last gen imo