Homebrew [RELEASE] Tiramisu Environment | Free CBHC

pwsincd

Garage Flower
Developer
Trophies
XP
Except a much more clean environment than (coldboot) haxchi. As a developer you should know how hard it can be to support Haxchi while Mocha (and Tiramisu) just work. Best example: WUPServer. On Haxchi it's hacked into MCP, so good luck utilising WUPServer and MCP in parallel (want to check your own title info or even just some system setting while accessing the USB drive via libiosuhax? Forget it my friend, Haxchi can't do that).

So right now you might be right: An end user won't see a big difference between Haxchi And Tiramisu but time will change as sooner or later homebrews will drop Haxchi support (and even right now there are homebrews running better on Tiramisu than on Haxchi. NUSspli doesn't need to unmount USB/MLC all the time and as a result needs way less I/O queue flushes, translating in more smooth execution / less lag spikes for the end user, for example. Another example are new Tiramisu API calls: On Haxchi NUSspli exploits IOSU which might freeze the console. On Tiramisu it uses a simple API call with zero freeze risks instead).
Really im addressing the people that have a system setup how they like it but still transition to tiramisu beacause its the new thing then they discover X Y and Z changes to how they like it.. so if your happy then for now stay where you are.... if you like to play and tinker then sure but otherwise...

MockyLock

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Oh no, it's would be just to have a safer and quicker way to boot my WiiU in "hack mode" (it's mainly used by my young son).
My WiiU is mostly used to play games and never homebrews or so few.

And i really apppreciate all the advices from different users above !

toxic9

Trophies
XP
Country
So, the future is no hbl and no elf support! I'm curious about this whole new environment and how it will work.

ArgoRV

Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
Is there astep-by-step guide to uninstall?
@MikaDubbz has confirmed that Haxchi runs good as forwarder for .elf files in Tiramisu, maybe i did something wrong before, because there is no way i can make haxchi run as forwarder on any homebrew app
I want to uninstall the whole system, restore factory defaults and reinstall everything again

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there astep-by-step guide to uninstall?
@MikaDubbz has confirmed that Haxchi runs good as forwarder for .elf files in Tiramisu, maybe i did something wrong before, because there is no way i can make haxchi run as forwarder on any homebrew app
I want to uninstall the whole system, restore factory defaults and reinstall everything again
yes, there's a tutorial on uninstalling tiramisu in the op's link to the tutorial on installing.

ArgoRV

Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
yes, there's a tutorial on uninstalling tiramisu in the op's link to the tutorial on installing.

The only uninstall section i can find in the hacks.guide is this one

QmrYTf.jpeg

If i Uninstall the Payloadloader.. everything else after it is removed? Tiramisu installation, autoboot selection, etc ?

EDIT: I uninstalled it just uninstalling the payloadloader following that link.

Last edited by ArgoRV,

V10lator

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I suppose if I want update the autoboot, I need to do the update in the menu?
All autoboot does is changing a system xml file (changing the app the system boots into from the Wii U Menu to Health&Safety). This will surely never need an update and is tested since CBHC is a thing as CBHC does exactly the same (only difference: CBHC changes to the DS game intead of Health&Safety).
The rest of Tiramisu is a tiny binary in the Health&Safety app. This binary does nothing other than loading another binary from the SD card. From there on everything is loaded from SD, that's why updating Tiramisu is just replacing files on the SD card.
The one binary inside of Health&Safety is designed to never need an update, too. Also it's tested since years from various people around the world: When Maschell says designed to never need an update he means it! Anway, you can be sure Maschell will make it easy to update it if ever needed.

Last edited by V10lator,

droople

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
All autoboot does is changing a system xml file (changing the app the system boots into from the Wii U Menu to Health&Safety). This will surely never need an update and is tested since CBHC is a thing as CBHC does exactly the same (only difference: CBHC changes to the DS game intead of Health&Safety).
The rest of Tiramisu is a tiny binary in the Health&Safety app. This binary does nothing other than loading another binary from the SD card. From there on everything is loaded from SD, that's why updating Tiramisu is just replacing files on the SD card.
The one binary inside of Health&Safety is designed to never need an update, too. Also it's tested since years from various people around the world: When Maschell says designed to never need an update he means it! Anway, you can be sure Maschell will make it easy to update it if ever needed.
Thank for the explanation,
Thank you very much for the explanation, I'm new to the wii/wiiu scense, sorry for the noob question

Powerful

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I just switched to Tiramisu from CBHC. I’ve had CBHC installed since day 1 lol. Is there a way I can use Haxchi to use the HBL still? I thought I saw you could remove the module hbl_50 installer or whatever and Haxchi would work again? I tried this but then I can’t get into hbl at all. Would ideally love to have the Haxchi setup for HBL and use tiramisu Cold boot.

Windi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
So I just switched to Tiramisu from CBHC. I’ve had CBHC installed since day 1 lol. Is there a way I can use Haxchi to use the HBL still? I thought I saw you could remove the module hbl_50 installer or whatever and Haxchi would work again? I tried this but then I can’t get into hbl at all. Would ideally love to have the Haxchi setup for HBL and use tiramisu Cold boot.
Simply start start the mii Maker Channel, HBL will open. No need for the old HBL channel. Closing the HBL will still let you access the mii maker

Powerful

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Simply start start the mii Maker Channel, HBL will open. No need for the old HBL channel. Closing the HBL will still let you access the mii maker
I know that, it’s more so just I like the custom channel and sound I made for the HBL Haxchi is all. If there is a way I was wanting to still use it for preference.

andot

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
https://gbatemp.net/threads/homebrew-controller-mods-use-homebrew-gamepad-free.563011/

You can use this Homebrew Launcher Channel. It works very well with tiramisu Cold boot.

Reactions: Powerful

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: ... that's rough buddy