• Friendly reminder: The politics section is a place where a lot of differing opinions are raised. You may not like what you read here but it is someone's opinion. As long as the debate is respectful you are free to debate freely. Also, the views and opinions expressed by forum members may not necessarily reflect those of GBAtemp. Messages that the staff consider offensive or inflammatory may be removed in line with existing forum terms and conditions.

US 2022 Mid term elections. 8th November 2022.

mrdude

Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
Not happening, my guy. Your side managed to piss off every blue voting woman with Roe being overturned, so get ready for the Blue Tsunami. After all, your side asked for it by pulling that bullshit.
I'm looking forward to licking up your salty tears soon, very soon in fact that I can almost taste them - yum, yum.

• Haha
Reactions: Jayro

Hanafuda

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
They refused to understand 300 mil votes take time to count

Election results were almost always known by midnight, maybe 1am on election night, back when we all voted on one day, and humans did the counting. Now we have weeks in which to vote and computers count the ballots, and for some reason it always takes days/weeks.

djpannda

GBAtemp's Pannda
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Election results were almost always known by midnight, maybe 1am on election night, back when we all voted on one day, and humans did the counting. Now we have weeks in which to vote and computers count the ballots, and for some reason it always takes days/weeks.
hmm.. Thanx for Proving my point
"people refuse to understand how Elections work"

No seriously ... NO. That's not how it EVER worked.

Your Confusing "projected outcomes" when 60-80% of the votes are counted and the results are estimated ( remember the whole 2020 R talking point " why NBC/FOX news decides when to call a race (on AZ)"
and Candidates Would ....drumroll :: Concede:: if the PROJECTED outcomes were too much to overcome.

the final tally takes Days to actually count. so in close Races are just a couple of votes apart, the State would try to prioritize them when counting and races that have a clear winner would be on the back burner.

This is not new .. and its sad that new 'conservative' cover their eyes..and refuse to actually learn how American elections work. That is literally why we have -

The Safe Harbor Deadline (6 days before electors cast their votes, for Presidential ) to allow time for all the votes to be completely counted and reviewed.​

PLUS how do you expect to count 42 million mail in ballots when they can't touch them until the polls close​

Sixteen states and Washington, D.C., do not allow counting to begin until the polls close:
https://www.ncsl.org/research/elect...ballot-processing-and-counting-can-begin.aspx
Your "Election results by midnight" Narrative never existed..

TraderPatTX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not happening, my guy. Your side managed to piss off every blue voting woman with Roe being overturned, so get ready for the Blue Tsunami. After all, your side asked for it by pulling that bullshit.
Except the major issues this cycle is inflation and energy costs. Families who can't put food on the table or gas in their tank are not gonna worry about culture issues.

Hanafuda

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Your "Election results by midnight" Narrative never existed..

You're talking about certification of final results by local Secretaries of State, County Clerks, etc. Yes that always has happened weeks later. But results were known the same night, and very rarely affected by final certification. Ever since 2000, different ballgame. You can claim that's not how it was, but I was alive then. First hand eyewitness to it.

LainaGabranth

Objectively the most infuriating woman ever
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For that to happen the US needs to have an actual leftist party first.
Yeah, pretty much. Not that any of the schizos here are ready for that conversation lmfao.
Post automatically merged:

You're talking about certification of final results by local Secretaries of State, County Clerks, etc. Yes that always has happened weeks later. But results were known the same night, and very rarely affected by final certification. Ever since 2000, different ballgame. You can claim that's not how it was, but I was alive then. First hand eyewitness to it.
I know this may be distressing for you to read, but election results are not required nor obligated by any facet of our law or regulations, to be put out the same night. We've had plenty of elections where that wasn't the case. The only reason that the right pushes this nonsense is because they lost the 2020 election fairly and just wanted the votes to stop early. So much for the "count every vote" crowd when they lose, huh?

Hanafuda

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know this may be distressing for you to read, but election results are not required nor obligated by any facet of our law or regulations, to be put out the same night.

I didn't say that. I said it was standard and expected in the past, not so much now. People not old enough to remember don't have the expectation and are suggestible to explanations as to why it isn't that way now. But people old enough to remember are justifiably suspicious when it doesn't happen. Keep bringing in those "found" ballots until your candidate wins though ... seems to work.

Reactions: sombrerosonic

djpannda

GBAtemp's Pannda
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
... Sighs.....
To everyone else.... He is talking about "PROJECTED RESULTS" not... repeat NOT the Final tally Which can take days..

and not influx of 44 million mail in ballots that have only been Restricted in like last 10 years in mostly R states that do not allow counting until the polls close
So again R created the problem to just point out the Problem

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
Except the major issues this cycle is inflation and energy costs. Families who can't put food on the table or gas in their tank are not gonna worry about culture issues.
It's ALL important and relevant, my guy. Not cherry-picking what YOU think is important. I just brought up a devastating issue that happened.

Hanafuda

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
... Sighs.....
To everyone else.... He is talking about "PROJECTED RESULTS" and not influx of 44 million mail in ballots that have only been Restricted in like last 10 years in mostly R states that do not allow counting until the polls close
So again R created the problem to just point out the Problem

If they were accurate 99% of the time, and candidates still had their options for recounts etc when it was close, what difference?

Mail-in and early voting are both abominations, neither should exist except for overseas military and citizens who are employed and residing out of country.

Reactions: TraderPatTX

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
And union-busting, billionaire-fellating Republicans are gonna do what to fix that, exactly?

LainaGabranth

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If they were accurate 99% of the time, and candidates still had their options for recounts etc when it was close, what difference?

Mail-in and early voting are both abominations, neither should exist except for overseas military and citizens who are employed and residing out of country.
The literal only reason you think this is because everyone voting makes you lose. Which is funny.

And union-busting, billionaire-fellating Republicans are gonna do what to fix that, exactly?
Nothing, they'll just bomb more brown people and spineless cowards like Trader will pop a stiffy that'll burst the heavens. He literally just wants to see people die lol

TraderPatTX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's ALL important and relevant, my guy. Not cherry-picking what YOU think is important. I just brought up a devastating issue that happened.
The polling over the past few months doesn't support your position, sport. Culture issues do not win elections. Kitchen table issues do.

Hanafuda

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The literal only reason you think this is because everyone voting makes you lose. Which is funny.

I don't understand what you mean by that. I have no objection to any citizen casting their vote, and to their vote being counted. I just think it should be by verified by photo ID, on a paper ballot, and you get a purple finger.

LainaGabranth

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't understand what you mean by that. I have no objection to any citizen casting their vote, and to their vote being counted. I just think it should be by verified by photo ID, on a paper ballot, and you get a purple finger.
I think we have enough measures after the vote as it is tbh. Voter ID is unnecessary. Electronic ones are fine too.

Reactions: Xzi and Jayro

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
I have mail-in voting in my state, and you have to do quite an extensive sign-up process in order to prove you are who you say you are, including giving your social security number, proof of address, license/ID number, etc. So these precautions you're mentioning are already in place. (Minus the invasive and unneccesary fingerprint part; That's a privacy concern.)

I think we have enough measures after the vote as it is tbh. Voter ID is unnecessary. Electronic ones are fine too.
Agreed. The sign-up to register is pretty invasive as it is.

djpannda

GBAtemp's Pannda
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

.. lol soo your pivot now is
Projected Results are "close Enough" lol

Again Projected Results are based on News outlets and analyst data

The issue is that Pre-2016 elections Candidates rejected the Projected results and Conceded...
AFTER-2016 They claim refused to conceded claiming Fraud or the "News" does not call races
WHICH is WHY actually Results are needed.. so that the next

tonight we would have 1,000 Facebook post about how MSNBC is stealing the election because the production team added a extra 0,

Hanafuda

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have mail-in voting in my state, and you have to do quite an extensive sign-up process in order to prove you are who you say you are, including giving your social security number, proof of address, license/ID number, etc. So these precautions you're mentioning are already in place. (Minus the invasive and unneccesary fingerprint part; That's a privacy concern.)

Signing up for it is one thing ... the actual implementation of it is another. The mailing out of mail-in ballots gets fucked up all the time, and there is no way of confirming the person to whom the ballot was mailed actually filled out the ballot once it's mailed in. Fetterman right now is fighting to have mail-in ballots counted even if they're not dated and not signed.

How is it a privacy concern to be able to confirm whether or not you already voted? Everyone's finger gets the same purple dye, no matter how they voted. There is no fingerprint taken. This is how we ran elections in Iraq to prevent fraud.

sombrerosonic

Idiot machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I do agree that it was a bad idea to remove it but......... Isn't the price of living (Witch has gone up since Joe got into office) ALSO a big issue if not bigger?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: Can I get his ☎️ # :shy::blush: +1