Gaming Why do people like the Vita?

Tikker

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Vita is a fantastic little console with some great games

you almost NEED a 3rd party grip to make it playable tho. the default ergonomics suck imo. the grips that make it feel like a dual shock are great tho

remote play is somewhat hit or miss. if vita had native l2/r2 it would have been spectacular

AlternativeZero

Trophies
XP
Country
It's a decent little handheld with great Japanese games.

If you don't like Japanese games then there wouldn't be much of a point in buying one but since it's hacked you can turn it into a decent emulation machine.

sirrjohn

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
It's a decent little handheld with great Japanese games.

If you don't like Japanese games then there wouldn't be much of a point in buying one but since it's hacked you can turn it into a decent emulation machine.

Yeah most games are Japanese which I personally hate. I didn't know that before I buy my vita, but I can't say I regret.

The fact that it have lots of japanese games in my opinion doesn't make it pointless to buy a vita just because you don't like japanese games, you know, there is still a decent amount of non japanese vita, ps1 and psp games available. But of course, if someone likes japanese games this is a dream handheld for them.

Last edited by sirrjohn,

ov3rkill

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
It's a great successor of the PSP which I love. What was lacking in the PSP was finally addressed in the Vita. Too bad $ony fucked it up and declared an early death to the console, at least in the West since Japan is still embracing the console.

Both DS and PSP got unique games, same as Vita and 3DS. I love all of their exclusives.

Hanafuda

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm not a Sony type game fan. Last and only system of theirs I owned was the PS1, and that I received as a gift. But I know a good piece of hardware when I see one. The Vita is that, even if there's only a small number of games for it I personally would enjoy.

D

Deleted User

I agree with everyone here. The vita is an amazing little handheld. It's got power, small and slim and a good long lasting battery. The library was small and it took the little guy a while, but it has a HUGE list of good games now. Especially RPGS. It has a good list of exclusives too. It's got something for everyone. Games come with dubs and undubbs. It's even got really good Visual novels too. The list of games is still growing. This year is another huge release year.

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I agree with everyone here. The vita is an amazing little handheld. It's got power, small and slim and a good long lasting battery. The library was small and it took the little guy a while, but it has a HUGE list of good games now. Especially RPGS. It has a good list of exclusives too. It's got something for everyone. Games come with dubs and undubbs. It's even got really good Visual novels too. The list of games is still growing. This year is another huge release year.
Problem with my vita is i bought it for phantasy star online 2, which has not been released in USA. But i did get some decent ps3/ps4 ports for it and some exclusives. YS memories of celcita made me proud to own a vita before i started to hate sega for my decision. (Still do, where is it sega? And where is Phantasy star HD collection)

Still i don't use it as much as i wish i have, but at least i don't need to carry my psp around anymore that henkaku is lit. :D

Reactions: Deleted User

Zukov

Dinosaur
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
Because Henkaku. That's why we all open the chest and use this portable again.
I have to add: because SNES portable on a OLED. Others would say PSX, GBA or PSP. I go with SNES.

Retinal_FAILURE

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The ability to play PS1, PSP, exclusive Vita games, and if homebrew is enabled, you can play different emulators. The only con is the expensive propriety memory cards. Geez, talking about greed. microSD is way cheaper.
@petethepug you're a member here. even without a memory card at all you can store some on your Vita and a lot, and I mean a lot of games on filetrip. Play a few on the console's memory, download another to your PC, and put it on the vita when you're done with a game or two. But, make sure they are backups of games you already own, or else...well that would be illegal otherwise. And my answer is the killer homebrew!

Last edited by Retinal_FAILURE,

TariqSoftDev

~Zexceil
Trophies
XP
Country
Personally I like the vita because of everything from the looks to the hardware and software.

Software:
  • Lovely home menu.
  • Tight asf security.
  • Well crafted.
  • Many amazing games.
  • Good emulator support , lovely for classics on the go.
  • ADRENALINE.
Hardware:
  • It's alive in 2017 and the hardware is well crafted and thought about.
  • Love how they left many lovely remnants of useful stuff in the 3G version.
  • The feel of the control layout is just AMAZING for me.
  • Graphics are still decent even now.
Looks:
  • It's a smooth killer.
  • Love the full glass front.
  • Analogue sticks are 10/10.
  • Touch screen?.
  • The entire look, must I say more?

SonicMC

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I liked it because I could move most of my psn games ps1, psp over to it and they look fantastic on the oled.

Today I like it even more because adrenaline lets me move over the games that sony didn't, my umds and some of the ps1 games that sony never allowed over from psn.

The vita games I own work great too. Fun to have a portable that can run sly cooper guacamelee and rayman origins on the go!

Guess it makes the most sense to just look at the library and see if it's something that you like playing :)

Reactions: Retinal_FAILURE

V0ltr0n

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ppl like vita cause they like weeb games. (not shit talk)

Also, Danganronpa. Only reasons needed.

There are ppl who like every system, and ppl that don't. It's personal preference.

TariqSoftDev

~Zexceil
Trophies
XP
Country
Ppl like vita cause they like weeb games. (not shit talk)

Also, Danganronpa. Only reasons needed.

There are ppl who like every system, and ppl that don't. It's personal preference.
So there's a new "weeb" category?, would you call God eater a "weeb" game ?
I play it because I like the mechanics

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Then again someone forgot that you can play PSP, PS1, emulate other consoles and etc...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    DinohScene @ DinohScene: ahh nothing beats a coffee disaronno at work