Hacking Why is every major dev of the Switch scene pissed about Xecuter's work?

blinkzane

Panic at your moms house
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Any proof they've stolen work prior?
It's not whether they stole the work or not, its that they pretty much proved all their work to be useless. They went and took all the attention away from their work and now nobody is going to care when they can just buy a cart or mod.

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
It's not whether they stole the work or not, its that they pretty much proved all their work to be useless. They went and took all the attention away from their work and now nobody is going to care when they can just buy a cart or mod.
Your argument changed.. Hm...

Also, that's wrong. When a free method to obtain Gateway-esque functionality on 3ds came the flashcard market died.

Last edited by Kioku,
Reactions: Devin

wormdood

pirate booty inspector
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No one tries before buying. Piracy is piracy. Stop trying to make it look like something else
i pirate (a lot) and buy any game that i have played and want to see a sequel (/continuation of the series) for despite being pirated, rented, borrowed, or otherwise obtained . . . nice assumption though

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
Same with the OG Wii right? Didn’t Letterbomb kill the modchip market?
Not even letterbomb. The Brawl entry point, Indiana pwns and some others too.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

let me rephrase. "its like they set aside all the work they did and said "hey this is our thing and it works on any firmware"" go figure they made a reference to the recent conference.
Why not advertise an item like this after the conference? I don't see them stepping on toes. As you can't say they're competing for anything. Ones a paid method, the other is free.

blinkzane

Panic at your moms house
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not even letterbomb. The Brawl entry point, Indiana pwns and some others too.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Why not advertise an item like this after the conference? I don't see them stepping on toes. As you can't say they're competing for anything. Ones a paid method, the other is free.
Look I support my devs, they worked hard to get this far. these dudes popped up out of nowhere.

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
Look I support my devs, they worked hard to get this far. these dudes popped up out of nowhere.
No, they didn't. Xecuter isn't new.

D

Deleted User

The way I see this, Xecuter's market is everyone above FW 3.0.0 or that is looking for piracy. They are going to charge money because they know that is the majority.

qlutoo & co's market is everyone 3.0.0 and below. This is better for them, actually. Everybody that wants piracy is going to be in the Xecuter community, which in turn will be the most cancerous community (because of "free games") while their community will be people who are primarily interested in homebrew and the development of it.

Of course, qlutoo & co's market will go down in numbers even after Xecuter's release, and they eventually might just switch over themselves if it is reliable enough for their own needs.

There should be no jealousy. All I see is the majority of users being those who updated, calling out qlutoo & co because they didn't support them, which they couldn't have done because of exploit limitations; and the minority who didn't update calling out Team Xecuter for stealing work, which they couldn't do in a 5 day timeframe.

yardie

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The way I see this, Xecuter's market is everyone above FW 3.0.0 or that is looking for piracy. They are going to charge money because they know that is the majority.

qlutoo & co's market is everyone 3.0.0 and below. This is better for them, actually. Everybody that wants piracy is going to be in the Xecuter community, which in turn will be the most cancerous community (because of "free games") while their community will be people who are primarily interested in homebrew and the development of it.

Of course, qlutoo & co's market will go down in numbers even after Xecuter's release, and they eventually might just switch over themselves if it is reliable enough for their own needs.

There should be no jealousy. All I see is the majority of users being those who updated, calling out qlutoo & co because they didn't support them, which they couldn't have done because of exploit limitations; and the minority who didn't update calling out Team Xecuter for stealing work, which they couldn't do in a 5 day timeframe.
Do you really think people are going to stay on 3.0.0 when they can update with hardmod?

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
A cash grab implies that it's a shit product. These guys did their research and cracked the switch wide open. They deserve the money
Again, you're misunderstanding here. I'm actually for their product. Doesn't change the fact they'll make easy money off of it.. Or.. A cash grab..

Reactions: brickmii82
D

Deleted User

Do you really think people are going to stay on 3.0.0 when they can update with hardmod?
Yes. Nobody knows how stable it will be, nobody knows if it will get them banned or bricked later on in the life cycle, and once it is out, who is to say that it will be available for an affordable price?
Besides, personally, if I was on 3.0.0 I would stay on it because then I know something will work because I have gotten so much information from the devs.

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes. Nobody knows how stable it will be, nobody knows if it will get them banned or bricked later on in the life cycle, and once it is out, who is to say that it will be available for an affordable price?
Besides, personally, if I was on 3.0.0 I would stay on it because then I know something will work because I have gotten so much information from the devs.

So you're pretty much telling us devs are telling those on 4.x.x to go f**k themselves? Sure sounds like it to me. They just sound pissed because someone found a way to get around lack of exploitable firmware.

This is why I generally hate hedgeberg (and I really don't care if he knows that). As a dev and a brain, he is incredible. But as a person? Nah.

They are salty and the sheer attitude of that twitter post proves it.

A lot devs are like that I noticed.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-