Hacking Why is every major dev of the Switch scene pissed about Xecuter's work?

wicksand420

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think they mean't like, if it's a modchip, it costs to make them, so they of course are going to be paid and not free.

Yeah that's true, the switch is doing well with security, although I guess they're actually doing horrible since xecuter got like custom boot screens to work. lol
I was talking more along the lines of the statement that free cfw users are scum

Jacklack3

( ゚ヮ゚) buddie was here
Trophies
Website
jackomix.neocities.org
XP
Country
Canada
It is easy enough to load up your firmware with checks on its integrity, checks it is not doing things it should not, checks for obvious tells of a hack and more besides. If the would be hackers want to use your firmware as a base (and writing your own that still plays all the commercial games can be a right pain in the arse, especially for modern systems where the kernel runs all the time, so it is often better to just hack the one the console maker gave you) then they also have to remove all the checks, which can be easier said than done, if they also don't want to trip the device maker's alarms.
I see now. If it's a modchip though, would it be possible to spoof data like that in the process of installing it? Not really sure how that sort of thing works, so I could sound like a big idiot.
But that's just like, your opinion, man.
lol. Well I mean they got custom boot screens going in less than a year for the switches release.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I was talking more along the lines of the statement that free cfw users are scum
Oh I see, here's a free tip, in the quote, bold the part you're talking about, so others can know what you mean. :)

Reactions: wicksand420

Maximilious

Whistles a familiar tune
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
lol. Well I mean they got custom boot screens going in less than a year for the switches release.

Just a joke from The Big Labowski. Anyway, Team-X used (from what I read) highly expensive and illegal means to get the information they needed to show off this little demo. But it's all just internet hearsay right now. Even after this mod-chip release, I'm giving it some time for smoke to clear and see how fullproof it is. I'll be leaving my console at 4.0.0 for a while now, at least until Octopath Traveler is released if it's eShop only, and eShop won't connect with an update.

Reactions: Jacklack3

Jacklack3

( ゚ヮ゚) buddie was here
Trophies
Website
jackomix.neocities.org
XP
Country
Canada
Just a joke from The Big Labowski. Anyway, Team-X used (from what I read) highly expensive and illegal means to get the information they needed to show off this little demo. But it's all just internet hearsay right now. Even after this mod-chip release, I'm giving it some time for smoke to clear and see how fullproof it is. I'll be leaving my console at 4.0.0 for a while now, at least until Octopath Traveler is released if it's eShop only, and eShop won't connect with an update.
Yeah I knew it was a joke, hence the lol. But those rumors are interesting. has Team-X ever done something like that in the past? Cause if so, it's likely. Also I'm doing the same thing where i'll just wait. (Assuming it's not a modchip or if it is, incredibly simple to install without soldering which is very unlikely.)

wicksand420

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah I knew it was a joke, hence the lol. But those rumors are interesting. has Team-X ever done something like that in the past? Cause if so, it's likely. Also I'm doing the same thing where i'll just wait. (Assuming it's not a modchip or if it is, incredibly simple to install without soldering which is very unlikely.)
Where would it go anyway? there isn't a whole hell of a lot of space inside the switch, and people complain of overheating already, less space means more heat.

Reactions: Jacklack3
D

Deleted User

Good god the people in this forum. It gets worse every time I take a peek.

Plenty of people here are providing some thrilling albeit flawed psychological analysis on all of the devs. Lots of uninformed words being thrown around about people they know nothing about. It's not as though plenty of us do the work we do because we enjoy it, or we like to test out our skills or learn new ones right? And it's not like the devs have their own motives beyond the ones that you're aware of from your own life. You know, the ones who have been working and giving you a reason to post here constantly, asking questions like "hax wen?" over and over and whining (because everything has to be for and about you right?).

It's like half of this forum hasn't aged to the point yet where they can view the world from outside the perspective of "but what about me?". Leaving adolescence gives you an appreciation that people have motivations that you don't. In other words, just because you crave attention, doesn't mean anyone else does. Some people RE because they like taking things apart, the added benefit goes to all of you. Some people do it because it's a chance to grow into a separate job field. Some people do what they do because they think things should be "right". That hearing someone saying or doing something wrong means you should talk about it or change it. There's millions of motivations beyond "craving attention", and just because that's your main motivator currently in life doesn't mean it applies to everyone else.

People get into the dev scene to get their ego strokedblahblah blah
Nope. We get into it because we enjoy it. Or get paid to do it at our actual jobs, and these are side projects. Or just have a general interest. Are a select few guilty of attention seeking? Sure, but there's nothing wrong with that either because guess what? You are the benefactors, getting free things from others. What's wrong with people enjoying attention? It's a natural human compulsion, and obsessing over the fact that others enjoy attention is kind of silly no? Is there a smidge of jealousy perhaps?

Who gives two flying f*cks about what the devs think?
You should if you ever want any releases. Otherwise you'll have to learn something for yourself. That could prove difficult for you.

This is why I generally hate hedgeberg (and I really don't care if he knows that). As a dev and a brain, he is incredible. But as a person? Nah.

They are salty and the sheer attitude of that twitter post proves it.
But see, She contributes. You post meaningless words on a forum and give nothing back besides your armchair opinion. She could be the biggest asshole I've had the displeasure of talking to, but because I respect her work and what she's capable of, she still matters more than you do. Your personal feelings aren't the only thing that matters to the rest of the world.

Do you guys see a consistent theme here yet? Does it seem like a common element in this thread? That the people who contribute the least, and say the more inflammatory shit, are also the ones most concerned with "attention seeking"? Just ponder for a minute that the most common insults that others throw around are also the ones they most are insecure about themselves. Read back a few posts with that in mind and it's kind of obvious what kind of people sit around in these forums.

D

Deleted User

But see, She contributes. You post meaningless words on a forum and give nothing back besides your armchair opinion. She could be the biggest asshole I've had the displeasure of talking to, but because I respect her work and what she's capable of, she still matters more than you do. Your personal feelings aren't the only thing that matters to the rest of the world.

Do you guys see a consistent theme here yet? Does it seem like a common element in this thread? That the people who contribute the least, and say the more inflammatory shit, are also the ones most concerned with "attention seeking"? Just ponder for a minute that the most common insults that others throw around are also the ones they most are insecure about themselves. Read back a few posts with that in mind and it's kind of obvious what kind of people sit around in these forums.
My bad for misgendering. I never sad I disrespect her, all I said was that I didn't like her as a person. And no, she doesn't matter more than I do. Nobody matters more than anybody else. We all have the same potential, some of us just don't use it the way we could. No I am not saying that I am perfect, or that anybody has the ability to do everything (some people just don't get programming). But what I am saying is that developers don't have the right to attack other developers for doing something they couldn't get done in the same amount of time. Everybody jumping ship is fair. They no longer have the hold on the community, and to be honest, I really don't care.

Reactions: satan89

PoppaDre

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

Plenty of people here are providing some thrilling albeit flawed psychological analysis on all of the devs. Lots of uninformed words being thrown around about people they know nothing about. It's not as though plenty of us do the work we do because we enjoy it, or we like to test out our skills or learn new ones right? And it's not like the devs have their own motives beyond the ones that you're aware of from your own life. You know, the ones who have been working and giving you a reason to post here constantly, asking questions like "hax wen?" over and over and whining (because everything has to be for and about you right?).

It's like half of this forum hasn't aged to the point yet where they can view the world from outside the perspective of "but what about me?". Leaving adolescence gives you an appreciation that people have motivations that you don't. In other words, just because you crave attention, doesn't mean anyone else does. Some people RE because they like taking things apart, the added benefit goes to all of you. Some people do it because it's a chance to grow into a separate job field. Some people do what they do because they think things should be "right". That hearing someone saying or doing something wrong means you should talk about it or change it. There's millions of motivations beyond "craving attention", and just because that's your main motivator currently in life doesn't mean it applies to everyone else.

Nope. We get into it because we enjoy it. Or get paid to do it at our actual jobs, and these are side projects. Or just have a general interest. Are a select few guilty of attention seeking? Sure, but there's nothing wrong with that either because guess what? You are the benefactors, getting free things from others. What's wrong with people enjoying attention? It's a natural human compulsion, and obsessing over the fact that others enjoy attention is kind of silly no? Is there a smidge of jealousy perhaps?

You should if you ever want any releases. Otherwise you'll have to learn something for yourself. That could prove difficult for you.

Wait he's a she?!

I would buy the shit out of anything TX would release for switch

D

Deleted User

Who the hell actually cares if they get their knickers in a twist?
But if we all go away, you'll just have to jump to another community that will revolve around others work. And then you'll have to do the work of complaining about the speed at which others do work that you can't do. Won't that get a little repetitive after a while?

It's like being pissed off that someone gave you an apartment rent-free but didn't cook for you too.
My bad for misgendering. I never sad I disrespect her, all I said was that I didn't like her as a person. And no, she doesn't matter more than I do. Nobody matters more than anybody else. We all have the same potential, some of us just don't use it the way we could. No I am not saying that I am perfect, or that anybody has the ability to do everything (some people just don't get programming). But what I am saying is that developers don't have the right to attack other developers for doing something they couldn't get done in the same amount of time. Everybody jumping ship is fair. They no longer have the hold on the community, and to be honest, I really don't care.

Welp now that the afterschool special is over: Yes, some people have more worth than others. Someone that's unemployed, has no skills, and saps off of others for their life for example, is worth much less than anyone that engages themselves with developing skills or actually learning something. What you're still missing is the main point: You don't contribute, so your opinion isn't nearly as valuable. Hard facts about life: everyone deserves an equal opportunity at life, but no, not everyone has the same potential.

D

Deleted User

Wait he's a she?!
Yes, hedgeberg identifies as female. It was an honest mistake of mine. Probably sounded malicious in the context of my original post.

However, she also stated in one of her streams that she really didn't care if somebody misgendered her, as long as:
1. they apologized
2. it wasn't the spawn of malicious intent
3. it wasn't a part of the argument of whether or not people should be transgender

Welp now that the afterschool special is over: Yes, some people have more worth than others. Someone that's unemployed, has no skills, and saps off of others for their life for example, is worth much less than anyone that engages themselves with developing skills or actually learning something. What you're still missing is the main point: You don't contribute, so your opinion isn't nearly as valuable. Hard facts about life: everyone deserves an equal opportunity at life, but no, not everyone has the same potential.
Meh. Your right in the last sentence. Had a hard time phrasing what i wanted to say, but yeah, i basically was trying to say what you just said.
I don't contribute, so my opinion has no value here? I call bull. My opinion has value here, it just happens that I am not a developer, so nobody will listen to it.

Reactions: dAVID_

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States

The irony and pure hypocrisy in your post is astounding. Congratulations, you're feeding into the cess pool you're so adamant against.

Respect is earned, not given. You are not more worthy as a person because you can contribute to such a menial scene. Get over yourself.

brickmii82

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Savage bruh. Not false, but daayuuum...:wacko:

Jacklack3

( ゚ヮ゚) buddie was here
Trophies
Website
jackomix.neocities.org
XP
Country
Canada
But if we all go away, you'll just have to jump to another community that will revolve around others work. And then you'll have to do the work of complaining about the speed at which others do work that you can't do. Won't that get a little repetitive after a while?

It's like being pissed off that someone gave you an apartment rent-free but didn't cook for you too.

Now I feel you're doing the "Your opinion doesn't matter because of this blah blah blah.", I could apply the same to the president, I guess nobody's opinion matters since they're not high value than the president so the president's opinion is always right. You're saying we can't judge people for their behavior when you're doing the same, at least allow us to express an opinion if you're going express one yourself.

D

Deleted User

The irony and pure hypocrisy in your post is astounding. Congratulations, you're feeding into the cess pool you're so adamant against.

Respect is earned, not given. You are not more worthy as a person because you can contribute to such a menial scene. Get over yourself.
Quite right, respect is earned. Through action, not continually whining for more free things on a forum. So you don't think someone is more important if they contribute code in a specific scene that revolves around releases by developers than someone that does not? Have you put any thought into that opinion?

Now I feel you're doing the "Your opinion doesn't matter because of this blah blah blah.", I could apply the same to the president, I guess nobody's opinion matters since they're not high value than the president so the president's opinion is always right. You're saying we can't judge people for their behavior when you're doing the same, at least allow us to express an opinion if you're going express one yourself.
Take more time to read and think before posting and put together a coherent thought. You're missing the context. See, someone who is involved in the work that a scene is based on, knows more than someone that does not. Therefore, their opinions are based on more actual knowledge, instead of watching things on the sidelines. That's why the opinion of a dev is more important than the opinion of someone who is not.

Do you walk into a mechanics shop and tell them that your opinion on how cars work is just as important as theirs is?

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
Quite right, respect is earned. Through action, not continually whining for more free things on a forum. So you don't think someone is more important if they contribute code in a specific scene that revolves around releases by developers than someone that does not? Have you put any thought into that opinion?

Take more time to read and think before posting and put together a coherent thought. You're missing the context. See, someone who is involved in the work that a scene is based on, knows more than someone that does not. Therefore, their opinions are based on more actual knowledge, instead of watching things on the sidelines. That's why the opinion of a dev is more important than the opinion of someone who is not.

Do you walk into a mechanics shop and tell them that your opinion on how cars work is just as important as theirs is?
You really should write a blog. You go into so much unnecessary depth over the small things. It's cute. Look. You're ironically spouting psychological nonsense. Subtley insulting anyone who thinks the devs can be a bit pompous, and they can be. Then demeaning people over something that only matters to so few? I'll say it again. Get over yourself.
My last response here. Hope you take the hint.

Last edited by Kioku,
D

Deleted User

Take more time to read and think before posting and put together a coherent thought. You're missing the context. See, someone who is involved in the work that a scene is based on, knows more than someone that does not. Therefore, their opinions are based on more actual knowledge, instead of watching things on the sidelines. That's why the statement of a dev is more telling than the statement of someone who is not.

Fixed that for you. We can't tell why a developer made a decision, only a developer can tell why they made that decision. Their opinion has absolutely nothing to do with it. Their statement can justify why they did something with their opinion.

You seem to confuse the word opinion with something else. A developer saying piracy is wrong is an opinion. Does that make them right? No. How about wrong? No. Therefore, it is not anymore important that a developer expresses their opinion on a subject than anything else.

Reactions: Kioku

PoppaDre

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Yes, hedgeberg identifies as female. It was an honest mistake of mine. Probably sounded malicious in the context of my original post.

However, she also stated in one of her streams that she really didn't care if somebody misgendered her, as long as:
1. they apologized
2. it wasn't the spawn of malicious intent
3. it wasn't a part of the argument of whether or not people should be transgender

Meh. Your right in the last sentence. Had a hard time phrasing what i wanted to say, but yeah, i basically was trying to say what you just said.
I don't contribute, so my opinion has no value here? I call bull. My opinion has value here, it just happens that I am not a developer, so nobody will listen to it.

haha I'm JK that wasn't the only thing I got out of your post

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @K3Nv2, Lol K3N1.