Hacking COMPLETED BASIC MODCHIP / DONGLE UF2 SD BOOT FILES. Trinket / Rebug / RCMX86 / Others

mattytrog

You don`t want to listen to anything I say.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
@mattytrog: Could you please do me a favor?
I tried to edit the uf2 chainloader file to have mode 8 active where i have the autoincrease and payloads 1,2 and 3 but with my hexeditor on OSX there seems to be a problem because at the offset where to set the mode as described at page on it shows me 00 but that should be 01 if i got the tutorial right. Or is the offset 4AF8 incorrect?
So could you please create the chainloader file for me with 0 folder used and mode 8? I would be very happy if you could do that because it‘s the only thing i need to have my console be able to boot 3 payloads :)
And could you upload a screenshot of the hex editor showing the offset because the picture that were included in the first post isn‘t there anymore since the update of the method? Because then i could compare it to the view i get and maybe i find my mistake.
Thanks in advance.

EDIT: Used Bootloader 1 with joycon only and Chainloader_0_folder.uf2
The offset is in the filename.

Can you short the pin?
Or use the experimental one maybe?

Yes I'll sort you out when I get home :)

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

@mattytrog: Could you please do me a favor?
I tried to edit the uf2 chainloader file to have mode 8 active where i have the autoincrease and payloads 1,2 and 3 but with my hexeditor on OSX there seems to be a problem because at the offset where to set the mode as described at page on it shows me 00 but that should be 01 if i got the tutorial right. Or is the offset 4AF8 incorrect?
So could you please create the chainloader file for me with 0 folder used and mode 8? I would be very happy if you could do that because it‘s the only thing i need to have my console be able to boot 3 payloads :)
And could you upload a screenshot of the hex editor showing the offset because the picture that were included in the first post isn‘t there anymore since the update of the method? Because then i could compare it to the view i get and maybe i find my mistake.
Thanks in advance.

EDIT: Used Bootloader 1 with joycon only and Chainloader_0_folder.uf2

EDIT2: I used the zip from the other thread and not from this. Is that the problem and because of that the offset is not correct?
Can i use the File linked here together with the bootloader file from the hardware thread (thread where solder diagrams etc. are)?
That‘s all a bit confusing because the hardware thread has a zip with 4 files in it (2 bootloader and 2 chainloader) but that seems to be different files as linked in first post of this thread here.

It is confusing.

I've been limited on time.

I'm going to level the playing field this afternoon and make sure everything is working.

noX1609

B9S freak ;)
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
@mattytrog: Ok with the file from this thread it works.
The Chainloader-Files in the zip with the 4 uf2 Files from the Hardware Thread are different files, so the offset is not as described here.
So think you would only need to exchange the Payload File in the zip in the hardware-Thread with the one from this thread and if you would like to keep the two versions in the zip take the one from this thread here and just include 1 with mode 01 and one with 02 then everything is correct and working :)
Hope you understand what i mean with this explanation :)

mattytrog

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
@mattytrog: Ok with the file from this thread it works.
The Chainloader-Files in the zip with the 4 uf2 Files from the Hardware Thread are different files, so the offset is not as described here.
So think you would only need to exchange the Payload File in the zip in the hardware-Thread with the one from this thread and if you would like to keep the two versions in the zip take the one from this thread here and just include 1 with mode 01 and one with 02 then everything is correct and working :)
Hope you understand what i mean with this explanation :)

Thank-you.
Right, I have updated the OP. I`ve checked all offsets in this thread and the other thread and they are the same. Added a new example graphic too.

See this is what I need... I need people to suggest things and make things better. I`m trying to strike a balance between patronising and unhelpful!

My autistic brain gets it. But others may not. So, if anyone actually likes messing with modchips (I use that term loosely), I could really do with input.

Normal people who actually use their Switch for its intended purpose (gaming) won`t care or even need to care as long as it works. It`s only prats like me who prefer the modding and soldering to the actual playing...

Reactions: peteruk

mattytrog

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Matty great progress on this Fella! Any eta on NS-Atmosphere update? Cheers
Hello sir!

Sorry I missed your message.

Go to OP, download the 0 folder. In it you will find some "unusednxfiles"

Drag atmosphere to 0 folder (ie out of the folder it is currently in)

Rename to what you need to... eg Single payload would be 0.nx... Multipayload it would be 1.nx or <something>.nx

Or try the experimental Hekate in OP at bottom. Sorry I didn`t get back to you. I missed your message. Wasn`t being a twat honest!

Hope it helps :)

noX1609

B9S freak ;)
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
@mattytrog: If i remember correctly there was a method to use multiple different sx os versions in the past.
Does that still work or is it removed? If it‘s still working how do i have to set it up?
Or do i confuse anything and this was not related to the chainloader?

mattytrog

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
@mattytrog: If i remember correctly there was a method to use multiple different sx os versions in the past.
Does that still work or is it removed? If it‘s still working how do i have to set it up?
Or do i confuse anything and this was not related to the chainloader?
Yep still there.

Example...

SXOS 1.6 "boot.dat" rename to 1.nx
SXOS 2.1 "boot.dat" rename to 2.nx
SXOS 2.2 "boot.dat rename to 3.nx

Use whichever versions you like. Thats how to do it.

Reactions: noX1609

noX1609

B9S freak ;)
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Yep still there.

Example...

SXOS 1.6 "boot.dat" rename to 1.nx
SXOS 2.1 "boot.dat" rename to 2.nx
SXOS 2.2 "boot.dat rename to 3.nx

Use whichever versions you like. Thats how to do it.
Thanks for your quick responce :)
But where do i have to put the files to on the sd card?
If i‘m using emiNAND i can only use versions above 2.0.0 right? Because on lower FW‘s this feater didn‘t exist.
Do you have a link for the different SX OS Versions? Because on the xecuter homepage there are only the latest stable and beta version.

mattytrog

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Thanks for your quick responce :)
But where do i have to put the files to on the sd card?
If i‘m using emiNAND i can only use versions above 2.0.0 right? Because on lower FW‘s this feater didn‘t exist.
Do you have a link for the different SX OS Versions? Because on the xecuter homepage there are only the latest stable and beta version.
Here you go.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1YbRSPBksbwTvJEhABR4XWvXtxuLNF-Gu

Put the files into 0 folder. Rename your selected boot.dats to 0.nx or 1.nx or whatever for the payload number you are using.

Last edited by mattytrog,

Migz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hello sir!

Sorry I missed your message.

Go to OP, download the 0 folder. In it you will find some "unusednxfiles"

Drag atmosphere to 0 folder (ie out of the folder it is currently in)

Rename to what you need to... eg Single payload would be 0.nx... Multipayload it would be 1.nx or <something>.nx

Or try the experimental Hekate in OP at bottom. Sorry I didn`t get back to you. I missed your message. Wasn`t being a twat honest!

Hope it helps :)
Hi Matty, I can't seem to get this to work! You know I am using the rcmloader www.xkit.xyz cheers

slinso

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands Antilles
Hi matty,

i tried your update, but just having blank screen.

I am coming from (working):
- M0 Trinket Adafruit
- JoyCon strap only
- flashed:
1. Version_1_trinket_rebug_joycon_only.uf2
2. trinket_rebug_hekate_chainloader_beta.UF2

Switch to your new file:
flashed mode2.UF2 and getting black screen.

At the moment i reverted back to the working method.

What if hekate will release an update. Will you implement it and i need to reflash the trinket?
Or can i drop the hekate.bin somewhere on the sd card or just in 0 folder with mode1?

Thanks!

Last edited by slinso,

mattytrog

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hi matty,

i tried your update, but just having blank screen.

I am coming from (working):
- M0 Trinket Adafruit
- JoyCon strap only
- flashed:
1. Version_1_trinket_rebug_joycon_only.uf2
2. trinket_rebug_hekate_chainloader_beta.UF2

Switch to your new file:
flashed mode2.UF2 and getting black screen.

At the moment i reverted back to the working method.

What if hekate will release an update. Will you implement it and i need to reflash the trinket?
Or can i drop the hekate.bin somewhere on the sd card or just in 0 folder with mode1?

Thanks!
Yes just use 0 folder. I haven't finished the op yet. There are a couple of versions of hekate that should be good.

Builds all CFw entries automatically. Either in 0 folder or SD root. Ran out of time today.

slinso

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands Antilles
Yes just use 0 folder. I haven't finished the op yet. There are a couple of versions of hekate that should be good.

Builds all CFw entries automatically. Either in 0 folder or SD root. Ran out of time today.

Means, when i use the non-hekate build, then i can drop hekate on root of SD card without das 0 folder? Would be nice.
Anyway. First of all i need to get your new update running. Any clue what i have obisously done wrong?

mattytrog

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Means, when i use the non-hekate build, then i can drop hekate on root of SD card without das 0 folder? Would be nice.
Anyway. First of all i need to get your new update running. Any clue what i have obisously done wrong?
Not a clue.

I genuinely cannot work it out. 0 folder is there, correct uf2 is there, when you eject your SD card you get the correct graphic... I'm stumped. At the moment.

Fake SD?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @K3Nv2, 4th what?