Homebrew Switch Hacking & Homebrew Discussion

Imancol

Otak Productions
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
if this question has been asked before, I did not find it. If instead of rolling your eyes, you point me there to read the answers I will gladly close this
I asked a question before, and you will not find it because they have blocked it. Although I did it with an image of a shark kindly asking that the Exploits be released as promised.

5LuKcUka3hs.jpg

Then they called me incompetent because I am the reason why developers hate GbaTemp haha

The truth is I want to hack my 4.1.0, it's time! : D

Last edited by Imancol,

SG911

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was given a code for Bayonetta. I redeemed it but i realized that when going to download it. I won't let me cause i need to update, so i'm guessing i'm pretty much screwed at this point.

Is there any work around at the moment tho?

EDIT: Nevermind, i updated anyway F*** it i'm not to worried anymore about CFW/HB right now till everything is more developed like the 3DS. Which i know will take years probably & That's fine, if anything i can just buy another switch.
Doesn't even cost a lot.

Last edited by SG911,

royvedas

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
It will be interesting to see if anything will ever come of these socalled hacks that are in the works. It has been awfully quiet lately.

pokeplayer984

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I actually got a Switch that had Version 3.0.0 off of eBay. Had to pay $399 for the screen alone and got Joy-Cons for it. (The Red & Blue Combo.) I've been busy through the weekend to get emulators on it and am happy to report that I got NES and SNES Emulators working.

My first time doing it and I'm glad I got to pull it off.

Oh, now for the main reason I posted. Think we can get an Atari 2600 Emulator working for it? Also, don't post that there's no interest for it. Trust me, there is.

delete12345

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have dkp-pacman installed, and have installed switch-sdl2_ttf. When making a test app, GCC is complaining that it cannot find TTF_Init() and TTF_Quit(). Does anyone have insights on how to fix this?

This is my Makefile: https://hastebin.com/uqelamoxas.makefile

And this is my source code:

Code:
#include <SDL.h>
#include <SDL_ttf.h>

int main(){
    TTF_Init();
    TTF_Quit();
    return 0;
}

Randall Stevens

Not a fan of stupid people
Trophies
XP
Country
Hong Kong
I actually got a Switch that had Version 3.0.0 off of eBay. Had to pay $399 for the screen alone and got Joy-Cons for it. (The Red & Blue Combo.) I've been busy through the weekend to get emulators on it and am happy to report that I got NES and SNES Emulators working.

My first time doing it and I'm glad I got to pull it off.

Oh, now for the main reason I posted. Think we can get an Atari 2600 Emulator working for it? Also, don't post that there's no interest for it. Trust me, there is.

That seems to be the going rate. I'm thinking of selling my 3.0 with joycons as well.

Last edited by Randall Stevens,

aos10

Yuuki chan
Trophies
XP
Country
Saudi Arabia
soo, i got a new switch as a gift for my birthday (2 months late) with super Mario odyssey and Zelda
after i almost cried in front of my friends because of the surprise :cry:, and went back to home, the first thing i did is to check the FW, and it's on 3.0.2
i read this is compatible with super mario odyssey, but it's bad for homebrew and hacking
the last public hacking FW is for 3.0.0, right?
if no, what the avaiable options?

i don't plan to even connecting to internet right now, zelda and mario will take too much time for me, the only other game i wants right now is Bayonetta 2, which i am afraid is not compatible with 3.0.2.

the box of the switch is designed for middle east, Red and Blue one.

can i do the Mario Golf trick on it? is still not connected to internet.

Viri

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
soo, i got a new switch as a gift for my birthday (2 months late) with super Mario odyssey and Zelda
after i almost cried in front of my friends because of the surprise :cry:, and went back to home, the first thing i did is to check the FW, and it's on 3.0.2
i read this is compatible with super mario odyssey, but it's bad for homebrew and hacking
the last public hacking FW is for 3.0.0, right?
if no, what the avaiable options?

i don't plan to even connecting to internet right now, zelda and mario will take too much time for me, the only other game i wants right now is Bayonetta 2, which i am afraid is not compatible with 3.0.2.

the box of the switch is designed for middle east, Red and Blue one.

can i do the Mario Golf trick on it? is still not connected to internet.
Currently home brew only works on 3.0.0, but you're not missing out on a whole lot, unless you're hell bent on playing emulators with missing features. CFW will work on pretty much everything pre 5.0.0. 5.0.0 and up will require a bit more difficulty.

Reactions: aos10

zoogie

playing around in the end of life
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Micronesia, Federated States of
What firmware does a new out of the box Switch generally come with? Is it hackable?

Thanking you kindly!
1. About 4.x-ish (need 3.0.0 for it to be immediately hackable -- non-piracy)
2. By this summer most likely (bootromhax).

Long time no see, heh. Always liked your avatar.

Last edited by zoogie,
Reactions: Schizoanalysis

Fer_Elizalde

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
What do you think about hacking a 5.0.1 console, some say it will be less convenient, but I wonder how it would be less convenient. Any thoughts?

TotalInsanity4

GBAtemp Supreme Overlord
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What do you think about hacking a 5.0.1 console, some say it will be less convenient, but I wonder how it would be less convenient. Any thoughts?
All we know is that we'll need to jump through more hoops somehow. It might involve a hardmod, or it might be a softmod that only works a small percentage of the time, for instance

Fer_Elizalde

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
That's what I was thnking, maybe narrowing down our options to only hardmod or something like that. Hope its not so difficult, because I already updated to 5.0.1 I wanted to buy some games so bad.
All we know is that we'll need to jump through more hoops somehow. It might involve a hardmod, or it might be a softmod that only works a small percentage of the time, for instance

Reactions: TotalInsanity4

TotalInsanity4

GBAtemp Supreme Overlord
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's what I was thnking, maybe narrowing down our options to only hardmod or something like that. Hope its not so difficult, because I already updated to 5.0.1 I wanted to buy some games so bad.
And actually, now that I'm thinking about it, I recall someone saying something about coldboot versus non-coldboot for stuff pre and post 4.1.0

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    D @ dadadad: блядь