• Friendly reminder: The politics section is a place where a lot of differing opinions are raised. You may not like what you read here but it is someone's opinion. As long as the debate is respectful you are free to debate freely. Also, the views and opinions expressed by forum members may not necessarily reflect those of GBAtemp. Messages that the staff consider offensive or inflammatory may be removed in line with existing forum terms and conditions.

The Queen is dead, Long live the King

LainaGabranth

Objectively the most infuriating woman ever
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Tell me, what did she do that affected your life that badly?
You seem salty...
"Ummm you seem salty about imperialism and exploitation"
I mean, if you wanna word opposition to the exploitation of various nations and their sovereignty as "being salty," be my guest? I guess??? But that's a pretty dumb way of looking at it LMAO

Reactions: Coolsonickirby

mightymuffy

fatbaldpieeater
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
That's not really what I meant :P
What I mean is that even though I'm anti-monarchist and always wanted canada's independance from the queen, I feel shocked about her death not because she is a symbol to me but to the whole world, yes even to me.
I didn't respect her as a queen or as a symbol and I still don't, but still, it's a true shock to see this symbol die. You get what i mean?
Just agreeing with you on the rather crappy comments from the trollish part of the Temp if you care to read it properly...(I admit I started to ramble on afterwards though! :lol:)

Reactions: Noctosphere

Noctosphere

Nova's Guardian
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I mean, if you wanna word opposition to the exploitation of various nations and their sovereignty as "being salty," be my guest? I guess??? But that's a pretty dumb way of looking at it LMAO
Well, as for canada (i know it's the same about australia, don't about other former colonies of uk) we no longer deal with the queen as a supperior.
We have our own "queen" which are their representant, they are called General Governor and Lieutenant-Governor.
We deal with them as the representant of the queen, but in no way are they in direct contact with the queen, AT ALL.
The colonialism ended loooooong before her reign with the Statut of Westminster in 1931, which rendered stuff like being debtful to the crown forever no more, and thus for ALL colonies of the Commonwealth.
We still have the queen as a symbol, but that's it, no former colonies of UK owe anything to the queen/king like they did back in early 1800's

mightymuffy

fatbaldpieeater
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Ah, you seem to think this 'exploitation of various nations and their sovereignty' was the sole doing of Queen Lizzie herself, not anyone before her, and not of the UK government(s) of the time before (or during) her 'reign' .....ookay then!! :rofl:

Noctosphere

Nova's Guardian
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Ah, you seem to think this 'exploitation of various nations and their sovereignty' was the sole doing of Queen Lizzie herself, not anyone before her, and not of the UK government(s) of the time before (or during) her 'reign' .....ookay then!! :rofl:
as i said in my previous post, colonialism ended years before her reign

LainaGabranth

Objectively the most infuriating woman ever
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
wait, why u have murican flag under ur avatar if ur Irish?
I didn't know the American flag had black, grey, and two shades of red in it.
Hey, what'd she inherit again? And what power did she have over it? :^)

Noctosphere

Nova's Guardian
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
mmm, that's racist, u forgot german, danish, spanish, italian and Afroamerican descendants too, now waiting for those angry BLM supporters raid you in 3....2......1
I meant as those who are direct descendents of the originals colons, as in those who arrived first
I also said "MAINLY" which means most of them, not all of them
german danish and all those arrived later in new-france, canada and new-england
As for Afroamerican, call me racist or not, they weren't colons, they were slave, and so, they arrived later too

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    And a few lawsuits
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Probably lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Eminem sued me all I did was say he was a cannibal molestor
    Rotflmao
    R Kelly dropped the lawsuit after I let him pee on me
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Your honor he thinks he has white privilege
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    If you rap it, its freedom of speech
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Gray zone warfare looks kinda cool
    Ohhh on one episode they could use rings to summon Captain Criminal who is just Obama like a spoof of Captain Planet lol
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Does look good
    By your powers combined, hmmm where is Epstein?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Just another shit fps clone
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Thought it was some warzone dlc bs
    Looks like an enhanced Far cry 1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That's a far cry from it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Is it a free to play bs, pay to get any good weapon/gear
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Not free to play but $35
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Inb4 kiiwii gives it a 0/10
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    6/10 rating on steam
    I would like a Predator game "Kill Team" it takes place in the Jungle of the first movie, your team is sent to hunt the predator, using current tech drones and a trained team. Set traps use strategy to hunt and trap or kill the predator.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Ill stick with my Battlefield. Yea a predator hunting game like that would be cool. Esp if you can be Arnold and say "Get to da chopper!"
    Maybe Arnold could do a cameo voice acting, he is the one briefing you on the mission
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Maybe Arnold could do a cameo voice acting, he is the one briefing you on the mission