• Friendly reminder: The politics section is a place where a lot of differing opinions are raised. You may not like what you read here but it is someone's opinion. As long as the debate is respectful you are free to debate freely. Also, the views and opinions expressed by forum members may not necessarily reflect those of GBAtemp. Messages that the staff consider offensive or inflammatory may be removed in line with existing forum terms and conditions.

The Queen is dead, Long live the King

Xerokard

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
So who gets the royal Wii?
http%3A%2F%2Fcdn.cnn.com%2Fcnnnext%2Fdam%2Fassets%2F210429113715-03-gold-nintendo-wii-queen-elizabeth.jpg

peteruk

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I find myself in an awkward position, let me explain..

I live in a part of the UK where many of my friends (I use that word very liberally) and fellow members of the community hate the Queen with a passion, these people blame her and the monarchy for all the bad things that have happened (particularly in Ireland and all around the world).

Whilst me myself I've always appreciated the Queen for everything she's done for the country, she's been do dignified in so many difficult times and situations. She's always out the Crown above her own personal happiness and I for one am really sad that she's passed away.

I do believe there was somewhat of a cover up though regarding the actual time she passed away, but that' not too important.

May she Rest in Peace, thank you for everything.

LainaGabranth

Objectively the most infuriating woman ever
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why do you dislike her so much?
You mean, besides her obstruction of support for people with HIV? Or the literal decades of exploitation of India? Not to mention many other countries, but those aren't ones I'm as familiar with. She held significant power and yet under her power the British empire exploited DOZENS of countries.

The idea that you should respect bad people after they die is white as fuck. If you were in any way a victim of her awful policies, you would probably not be so afraid to criticize a figurehead of imperialism.

Noctosphere

Nova's Guardian
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Fuck that bitch, I'm glad she's dead. The Irish in me is feeling vindication like no other.
I mean, I'm french canadian and anti-monarchist, and I still feel shocked about her death and sick of your statement...

Deleted member 608654

A scarlet letter
Trophies
XP
You mean, besides her obstruction of support for people with HIV? Or the literal decades of exploitation of India? Not to mention many other countries, but those aren't ones I'm as familiar with. She held significant power and yet under her power the British empire exploited DOZENS of countries.

The idea that you should respect bad people after they die is white as fuck. If you were in any way a victim of her awful policies, you would probably not be so afraid to criticize a figurehead of imperialism.
Yes, but criticize and discuss them politely. Treat everyone with respect, because if you don't then people like trolls will be even more infuriated, which is not something you want.
Anyway, do you have any evidence to support your claim? I believe you were talking about queen Victoria in your tirade.
On the other hand:
https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sou...AQFnoECHEQAQ&usg=AOvVaw1T3julxMTdbl147lY43gYi
https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sou...AQFnoECEYQAQ&usg=AOvVaw06Bce1IG1aJ3zQYCO2zJ2G

Last edited by Deleted member 608654,

mightymuffy

fatbaldpieeater
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I mean, I'm french canadian and anti-monarchist, and I still feel shocked about her death and sick of your statement...
I'm half Irish (and probably know more of 'the troubles' than most on here, especially with my mother haha - trust me, it's complicated) and fully agree with you. Some of the stuff on here by the more trollish members is ridiculous, get a grip peeps... 'she did nothing about Rotherham' - fukkin hell she was the Queen... what if Blackpool Tower suddenly blew up, should we slag that off afterwards for doing nothing about Rotherham too?
Anyway I'm slightly warming to big ears Charlie, giving him the benefit of the doubt so far, perhaps he will be as much a thing of pride for us UK'ers as Blackpool Tower is?

Noctosphere

Nova's Guardian
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I'm half Irish (and probably know more of 'the troubles' than most on here, especially with my mother haha - trust me, it's complicated) and fully agree with you. Some of the stuff on here by the more trollish members is ridiculous, get a grip peeps... 'she did nothing about Rotherham' - fukkin hell she was the Queen... what if Blackpool Tower suddenly blew up, should we slag that off afterwards for doing nothing about Rotherham too?
Anyway I'm slightly warming to big ears Charlie, giving him the benefit of the doubt so far, perhaps he will be as much a thing of pride for us UK'ers as Blackpool Tower is?
That's not really what I meant :P
What I mean is that even though I'm anti-monarchist and always wanted canada's independance from the queen, I feel shocked about her death not because she is a symbol to me but to the whole world, yes even to me.
I didn't respect her as a queen or as a symbol and I still don't, but still, it's a true shock to see this symbol die. You get what i mean?

tabzer

This place is a meme.
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
I didn't know the Queen. I'm not sure if I could understand where she came from or why she did what she did.

She's dead now. She doesn't feel sad. She doesn't feel bitter. We feel sad. We feel bitter.

The joke is on us.

But we can reincarnate the Queen with mods.

That will make us feel better.

LainaGabranth

Objectively the most infuriating woman ever
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Reported for racism. Keep your race bating and racist remarks to yourself, nobody wants to hear them apart from other racists.
Your fragility amuses me.
wow, really!
Yes.
Yes, but criticize and discuss them politely.
No. If you want to be respected when you die, don't be a piece of shit while you live.
You'll get over it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    DinohScene @ DinohScene: ahh nothing beats a coffee disaronno at work