• Friendly reminder: The politics section is a place where a lot of differing opinions are raised. You may not like what you read here but it is someone's opinion. As long as the debate is respectful you are free to debate freely. Also, the views and opinions expressed by forum members may not necessarily reflect those of GBAtemp. Messages that the staff consider offensive or inflammatory may be removed in line with existing forum terms and conditions.

What do you think is more harmful to the world? Racists, or religious fanatics?

titan_tim

(Can't shut up)
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Slavery is only moral if you chose to be God's slave. I'm a Canadian if you noticed I don't have slaver recent ancestors.
“Now these are the rules that you shall set before them. 2 When you buy a Hebrew slave,[a] he shall serve six years, and in the seventh he shall go out free, for nothing. 3 If he comes in single, he shall go out single; if he comes in married, then his wife shall go out with him. 4 If his master gives him a wife and she bears him sons or daughters, the wife and her children shall be her master's, and he shall go out alone. 5 But if the slave plainly says, ‘I love my master, my wife, and my children; I will not go out free,’ 6 then his master shall bring him to God, and he shall bring him to the door or the doorpost. And his master shall bore his ear through with an awl, and he shall be his slave forever.

7 “When a man sells his daughter as a slave, she shall not go out as the male slaves do. 8 If she does not please her master, who has designated her for himself, then he shall let her be redeemed. He shall have no right to sell her to a foreign people, since he has broken faith with her. 9 If he designates her for his son, he shall deal with her as with a daughter. 10 If he takes another wife to himself, he shall not diminish her food, her clothing, or her marital rights. 11 And if he does not do these three things for her, she shall go out for nothing, without payment of money."

Yeah, no sugar coating that. Pretty clear what your god thinks of slaves. A-OK!

I'm also Canadian, and while we don't have slaves anymore we used to between 1629 and 1834. Then we learned that it was immoral and stopped. Hooray, we learned to be better than the bible told us to be!!!
Post automatically merged:

Just make sure the lamb is halal.

shrekexists

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
“Now these are the rules that you shall set before them. 2 When you buy a Hebrew slave,[a] he shall serve six years, and in the seventh he shall go out free, for nothing. 3 If he comes in single, he shall go out single; if he comes in married, then his wife shall go out with him. 4 If his master gives him a wife and she bears him sons or daughters, the wife and her children shall be her master's, and he shall go out alone. 5 But if the slave plainly says, ‘I love my master, my wife, and my children; I will not go out free,’ 6 then his master shall bring him to God, and he shall bring him to the door or the doorpost. And his master shall bore his ear through with an awl, and he shall be his slave forever.

7 “When a man sells his daughter as a slave, she shall not go out as the male slaves do. 8 If she does not please her master, who has designated her for himself, then he shall let her be redeemed. He shall have no right to sell her to a foreign people, since he has broken faith with her. 9 If he designates her for his son, he shall deal with her as with a daughter. 10 If he takes another wife to himself, he shall not diminish her food, her clothing, or her marital rights. 11 And if he does not do these three things for her, she shall go out for nothing, without payment of money."

Yeah, no sugar coating that. Pretty clear what your god thinks of slaves. A-OK!

I'm also Canadian, and while we don't have slaves anymore we used to between 1629 and 1834. Then we learned that it was immoral and stopped. Hooray, we learned to be better than the bible told us to be!!!

Just make sure the lamb is halal.
I already said this stuff doesn't apply to today. And I don't know if you noticed the part where you can only be a slave for 7 years unless it's part of an arranged marriage so it was at least better than what happened in the USA. I could argue people getting jobs for a salary is slavery for a year.

titan_tim

(Can't shut up)
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
I already said this stuff doesn't apply to today. And I don't know if you noticed the part where you can only be a slave for 7 years unless it's part of an arranged marriage so it was at least better than what happened in the USA. I could argue people getting jobs for a salary is slavery for a year.
Did you not read the part where the 7 year thing only pertains to Jewish people? And then they go into the loophole on how to trap them in slavery afterwards by holding his family hostage! IMMORAL!!!

Again, saying it doesn't apply today proves that the god of the bible is infallible. You're picking and choosing what you like from an imperfect book that is meant to be the word of god. You will continue to make your own decisions on what is right and wrong by yourself, but thinking it comes from the bible, when it really doesn't.

shrekexists

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Did you not read the part where the 7 year thing only pertains to Jewish people? And then they go into the loophole on how to trap them in slavery afterwards by holding his family hostage! IMMORAL!!!

Again, saying it doesn't apply today proves that the god of the bible is infallible. You're picking and choosing what you like from an imperfect book that is meant to be the word of god. You will continue to make your own decisions on what is right and wrong by yourself, but thinking it comes from the bible, when it really doesn't.
I agree, look yourself how perfect he is.

lolcatzuru

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Lmao, no. The right has a monopoly on "won't somebody please think of the children" bullshit. Yet they won't do anything about school shootings or other issues directly impacting kids, because that would cost their donors money. Their only provided solution is to revoke Gen Z's right to vote, because they know young people can see right through their greed and hypocrisy.

its bullshit to think of the kids, got it.

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
well the first step is admitting it, i commend you on that.
This isn't elementary school, "I know you are but what am I" isn't a valid retort, and giving kids an open and honest education is the opposite of an authoritarian agenda. Like I said, they can see right through your attempts to whitewash history anyway.

lolcatzuru

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This isn't elementary school, "I know you are but what am I" isn't a valid retort, and giving kids an open and honest education is the opposite of an authoritarian agenda. Like I said, they can see right through your attempts to whitewash history anyway.

i agree with you, its a real shame what CRT has done to our schools, amen brotha

• Haha
Reactions: The Catboy

lolcatzuru

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
He knows. When he says CRT what he means is, "historical events that in any way shape or form could be construed as portraying white people as the baddies." Teaching that Hitler lost WW2 = CRT to these smoothbrains.

well, thats an incredibly racist thing to say, but im not surprised coming from you

CRT isn't taught in public schools

thats true, masturbation is taught in public schools, i was trying to pick the lesser of 2 evils.

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
well, thats an incredibly racist thing to say, but im not surprised coming from you
It is indeed racist to try and whitewash history, but that's what you're doing. The sins of the past must be taught so as to not repeat them in the future. That's incompatible with your fascist vision for what's supposed to come next though, isn't it?

JeepX87

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Most harmful to the world would be @Xzi. :rofl2:

J/K.

As for serious, both are bad, so racists and combination of racists and religious fanatics are worse.

Reactions: Xzi

titan_tim

(Can't shut up)
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
I agree, look yourself how perfect he is.
So you're saying that because I'm fallible, then your god is also fallible? That's a new one. Try telling that to the many people who say that their god is infallible and all-knowing. Once again, easily proven wrong by just reading the bible.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    S @ salazarcosplay: @BakerMan can one play cod from hen ps3?