• Friendly reminder: The politics section is a place where a lot of differing opinions are raised. You may not like what you read here but it is someone's opinion. As long as the debate is respectful you are free to debate freely. Also, the views and opinions expressed by forum members may not necessarily reflect those of GBAtemp. Messages that the staff consider offensive or inflammatory may be removed in line with existing forum terms and conditions.

Why is weed or cannabis considered a drug?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Abu_Senpai

Trophies
XP
Country
Syria
I've got skunks in my area. Weed and skunk smell totally different. In fact, weed smells infinitely better, haha.

Yikes, i hear the druggies will mix all forms of crap into the weed in order to increase its weight or value on the street. And i have heard that is why it smells so bad.

Reactions: VinsCool

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I don't understand why people still ask if it is a drug, or why, or tell it's ok and doesn't harm and don't do anything, etc.

You don't take this substance because you are hungry or thirsty, it's not food ! you really know the reason why you take it, it's not pure air (azote) you breath, it's used to do something to you.
isn't it hypocrisy to ask or tell that it's not doing anything?

to me it's just known and basic information that it's a drug.
if it wasn't, why would you even want to use it?

you don't smoke random grass or willow's leaf. you smoke drug for a reason.

Last edited by Cyan,

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Yikes, i hear the druggies will mix all forms of crap into the weed in order to increase its weight or value on the street. And i have heard that is why it smells so bad.

The smells just come from the strains and cultivation.
The added weight is usually glass fiber shreds (to make it look like there's more THC on the bud)
Other rubbish they put in is to increase yield quickly.

I'm pretty sure you yourself can tell a good proper product from a hastily grown one that is designed to maximize profits instead of being quality ;p
I mean, you lived in a ghetto, not that you're a user.

Reactions: Abu_Senpai

TVL

#|
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Wait, so opium is not a drug, it like, eh, comes from the poppy. Magic mushrooms are just mushrooms. :rolleyes: The term drug is pretty wide though and there are vast differences between them.

And cannabis have been lied about a lot. Personally I think all drugs should be legal, just tell the truth about them and use some of the money from their taxation to help those that gets into trouble.

HamBone41801

Vipera’s Alt
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The added weight is usually glass fiber shreds (to make it look like there's more THC on the bud)

I'm pretty sure you yourself can tell a good proper product from a hastily grown one that is designed to maximize profits instead of being quality ;p
You have to be careful with that stuff. The last thing you want is quartz dust in your lungs.

HamBone41801

Vipera’s Alt
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wait, so opium is not a drug, it like, eh, comes from the poppy. Magic mushrooms are just mushrooms. :rolleyes: The term drug is pretty wide though and there are vast differences between them.

And cannabis have been lied about a lot. Personally I think all drugs should be legal, just tell the truth about them and use some of the money from their taxation to help those that gets into trouble.
No, I think that's a pretty bad idea. Some, like shrooms? Sure! Heroine? No. Although lsd has apparently been gaineng more traction in the world of medication.

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica

So Krokodil is, according to your logic, also not a drug?
A substance designed to give you a shitty rush for 10 minutes only to leave you with your flesh falling from your bones?

There's a difference between the drugs.

Synthesized drugs are harmful as it's made from pure chemicals.
Nature grown drugs like cannabis, shrooms and opium aren't healthy for you either but are a lot better then MDMA, meth and coke etc.

Reactions: VinsCool

Abu_Senpai

Trophies
XP
Country
Syria

Ahh okay and yeah what you said makes sense so dont worry:lol:. No offense here, the ghetto life is behind me now lol:rofl2:

Well tbh it was a normal neighborhood at first but then the drug dealers moved in so i obviously moved out. :mthr:

Reactions: DinohScene

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Ahh okay and yeah what you said makes sense so dont worry:lol:. No offense here, the ghetto life is behind me now lol:rofl2:

Well tbh it was a normal neighborhood at first but then the drug dealers moved in so i obviously moved out. :mthr:

Aye, it doesn't take long for junkies to turn it into a slump.
I admire you for not using it tho, considering the background!

Reactions: Abu_Senpai

VinsCool

Persona Secretiva Felineus
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
According to Wikipedia:

A drug is any substance (other than food that provides nutritional support) that, when inhaled, injected, smoked, consumed, absorbed via a patchon the skin, or dissolved under the tongue causes a physiological change in the body.[2][3]

In pharmacology, a pharmaceutical drug, also called a medication or medicine, is a chemical substance used to treat, cure, prevent, or diagnosea disease or to promote well-being.[2] Traditionally drugs were obtained through extraction from medicinal plants, but more recently also by organic synthesis.[4] Pharmaceutical drugs may be used for a limited duration, or on a regular basis for chronic disorders.[5]

A drug could be something simple like asprin or caffeine.

Reactions: DeoNaught

Abu_Senpai

Trophies
XP
Country
Syria
Aye, it doesn't take long for junkies to turn it into a slump.
I admire you for not using it tho, considering the background!

You begin to notice the effects it can have on people and how addicted people become to it and how they will do whatever they can to get more of it.

Seeing how it affected people in the hood who were pretty good people beforehand but then became junkies afterwards deterred me from it and so did the damn smell.

Reactions: Kioku

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
A drug could be something simple like asprin or caffeine.
that's funny, because in english, the word "drug" is used for both illegal and pharmaceutical product. it's more true to the definition.

In French, illegal one is "drogue", while pharmaceutical is "Médicament" derived from "medical treatment" with a connotation of "being good for you" (still bad, sometime even worse than the illegal one?)

Last edited by Cyan,
Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto