• Friendly reminder: The politics section is a place where a lot of differing opinions are raised. You may not like what you read here but it is someone's opinion. As long as the debate is respectful you are free to debate freely. Also, the views and opinions expressed by forum members may not necessarily reflect those of GBAtemp. Messages that the staff consider offensive or inflammatory may be removed in line with existing forum terms and conditions.

Wtf Is Wrong With This World :(

Azimuth

Chicken Teriyaki Boy!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
And I wasn't on an American smear campaign, if I wanted to hate on America its as simple as switching on the news.

Nothing against you Azimuth, I accepted your apology.

That's also part of the problem, media outside of America stretches the truth and demonize America. They hate us and they love it when something like the shooting happens to us. It gets more people watching their shows if something bad happens to the almighty America, nobody cares if America does something good. People shouldn't get persuaded by the media, more than likely they are biased.

I don't think people hate Americans as a people, they hate America's foreign policy and your governments ignorance.

How can you say that when they are screaming death to Americans and America. Burning our flag and showing videos of my fellow brothers in arms being bombed and killed. I was in Iraq during the war, do you know how it feels like when somebody is screaming death to you, your family, and your friends?

Iraq is a different situation, a hostile occupation will always be met with resistance. I don't mean to digress, but last time I checked Iraq is a war zone, it is expected that there is a lot of hatred and death happening on both sides

The rest of the world doesn't want "death to America" and all that, they just want a better foreign policy that doesn't instigate fear, invade countries and create global tension

aslacker55

I like pie
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Iraq is a different situation, a hostile occupation will always be met with resistance. I don't mean to digress, but last time I checked Iraq is a war zone, it is expected that there is a lot of hatred and death happening on both sides

The rest of the world doesn't want "death to America" and all that, they just want a better foreign policy that doesn't instigate fear, invade countries and create global tension

Why do they have anti-American rallies that promotes hate to America in Iran, Jordan, Malaysia, and other places around the world. Why don't any other country step up to the plate and police the world and fight terrorism. Nobody else want to do it, because they are afraid of the backlash like America is experiencing.

skullstatue

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Because we are in Iraq for oil, plain and simple. Sorry, our country cares more about making money than human lives (thank big business).

Taras

I'm Not Hating, I'm Just Sayin'
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
thats only welsh people who molest sheep but still that was a really immature response *clap clap*

I know, but I'm tired of hearing about it. Switzerland has mandated firearms ownership per household as I understand and this doesn't happen there. Hi-capacity firearms have existed for decades, but mass shootings are a recent phenomenon. It's not the guns, it's not video games, it's not rap music, it's not violence on TV and it's not consumption of trans-fats.

So sanctimonious foreigners (not you personally, I don't think) it's fine you don't approve and you don't have to. Just keep those brie-eating, snaggle-toothed, champagne-swilling, soccer-discussing gobs shut about it. Thank you kindly.

Taras

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Because we are in Iraq for oil, plain and simple. Sorry, our country cares more about making money than human lives (thank big business).

That's an ignorant comment, most of the oil that America buys comes from Saudi Arabia, not Iraq.

Actually he's right. By simply taking Iraqi oil off the market (which effectively happened), it increased the cost of existing oil supplies all over. Look who is posting record profits.

Azimuth

Chicken Teriyaki Boy!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada

That's an ignorant comment, most of the oil that America buys comes from Saudi Arabia, not Iraq.

No offence, but whats more ignorant, you assuming that america should police the world and fight "terrorism" or this guy who has some reason for stating this.Iraq does have the 2nd largest oil reserves in the world after all.

Also 9/11 had nothing to do with Iraq, so I don't see any relevance to terrorism, if you are talking about "insurgents" then what were you expecting to "liberate" Iraq and not face any resistance.

And the reason America is shunned is because of this unjust war, the way they treat prisoners and all the lies used to cover up the mistakes made not to mention the hundreds of thousands of civilian deaths that could have been avoided.

With all the anti-war protest you would think something would have been done already.

aslacker55

I like pie
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States

Actually he's right. By simply taking Iraqi oil off the market (which effectively happened), it increased the cost of existing oil supplies all over. Look who is posting record profits.

He doesn't speak for the American people, when he says our country is there for oil, that was not the truth. Do you even remember the whole UN inspectors ordeal in Iraq back then.

Also who's killing the innocent civilians in Iraq, it's not the US, it's the insurgance in Iraq that doing the killing.

Azimuth

Chicken Teriyaki Boy!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
well who started this mess, its like the US came in pissed off everyone and now abolishes its responsibility over the whole matter.

so you are justifying a war by saying that Iraq refused to show you there weapons. Hmm why not attack Iran or North Korea then. What happened when you did search for WMDs? And if that was your mission, to save us all from WMDs then why are you still there? And please don't give me the whole 'we are bringing democracy to these people' speech, they don't want you there, I think its quite clear.

aslacker55

I like pie
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
well who started this mess, its like the US came in pissed off everyone and now abolishes its responsibility over the whole matter.

Do you even remember the whole UN inspectors ordeal in Iraq back then. We gave Iraq an Ultimatum, Either let the inspectors do their jobs or prepare for a war. They decided to go to war with us instead.

Taras

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States

He doesn't speak for the American people, when he says our country is there for oil, that was not the truth. Do you even remember the whole UN inspectors ordeal in Iraq back then.

Yes, I remember Hans Blix saying they probably didn't have WMDs. I remember evidence being tenuous at best. I remember the Bush administration setting up new departments to bypass the CIA in order to beat the drums for war. I remember them being called on false Nigerian yellow cake documents (and retaliating against Plame as a result). And I remember the justification for the war subsequently changing three times 1st WMDs that didn't turn up, 2nd Al Queda and Nine eleven ties which didn't exist and finally because "Well, we needed to depose a filthy dictator. And at the end of it all, what do we have? A fortress in the green zone surrounded by carnage everywhere where John McCain can't walk fifty feet without a hundred troops and six gunships to keep him safe.

aslacker55

I like pie
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Yes, I remember Hans Blix saying they probably didn't have WMDs. I remember evidence being tenuous at best. I remember the Bush administration setting up new departments to bypass the CIA in order to beat the drums for war. I remember them being called on false Nigerian yellow cake documents (and retaliating against Plame as a result). And I remember the justification for the war subsequently changing three times 1st WMDs that didn't turn up, 2nd Al Queda and Nine eleven ties which didn't exist and finally because "Well, we needed to depose a filthy dictator. And at the end of it all, what do we have? A fortress in the green zone surrounded by carnage everywhere where John McCain can't walk fifty feet without a hundred troops and six gunships to keep him safe.

We went to war far before that.

Azimuth

Chicken Teriyaki Boy!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada

Do you even remember the whole UN inspectors ordeal in Iraq back then. We gave Iraq an Ultimatum, Either let the inspectors do their jobs or prepare for a war. They decided to go to war with us instead.

Yup like the back of my hand, Bush kept bitching, UN said that there was probably no WMDs, America made up some intelligence, bombed baghdad. Searched for WMDs, none found, so what now?

And US isn't the personal backup of the UN, if they had refused there were more peaceful courses of action the UN could have applied. It was merely an excuse to attack, whats happening now in Iran or N.Korea is far worse

aslacker55

I like pie
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States

Yup like the back of my hand, Bush kept bitching, UN said that there was probably no WMDs, America made up some intelligence, bombed baghdad. Searched for WMDs, none found, so what now?

And US isn't the personal backup of the UN, if they had refused there were more peaceful courses of action the UN could have applied. It was merely an excuse to attack, whats happening now in Iran or N.Korea is far worse

If they were not hiding anything, why didn't they want the U.N. inspectors( not American) do their jobs. If they had let them do their job, the war would have never happened.

Azimuth

Chicken Teriyaki Boy!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
If they were not hiding anything, why didn't they want the U.N. inspectors( not American) do their jobs. If they had let them do their job, the war would have never happened.

Hmm, invade, check for WMDs, then LEAVE!

not so hard is it. There was no need to falsify evidence and make up some crap just to invade a country.

And I don't think using tomahawk missiles is very peaceful is it, what was the estimate of civilians killed in the first attack on baghdad?

However you justify this war, it is still shrouded in lies, deceit and general corruption and much could have been done to avoid war, isnt war the last option, I guess it isnt for the Bush administration, Shoot first ask questions later.

jtroye32

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This isn't some national/global violence debate or gun control debate. This is about some guy that lost it emotionally/mentally and decided to kill a bunch of people. If he didn't have guns he would have made bombs, end of discussion.

aslacker55

I like pie
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States

Hmm, invade, check for WMDs, then LEAVE!

not so hard is it. There was no need to falsify evidence and make up some crap just to invade a country.

And I don't think using tomahawk missiles is very peaceful is it, what was the estimate of civilians killed in the first attack on baghdad?

However you justify this war, it is still shrouded in lies, deceit and general corruption and much could have been done to avoid war, isnt war the last option, I guess it isnt for the Bush administration, Shoot first ask questions later.

Your timeline is off, the inspectors did the inspections after the war. We are in the process of rebuilding the country and establishing a government, but they are not allowing us to rebuild it. I was there, I know what happened.

imgod22222

GBAtemp's Original No-faced Member
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
If you kill everyone, there wont be anyone to oppose you! Sorta my view on the world. If they want to kill you, kill them in self preservation. If they're cool , then don't do anything.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: That sick boy yo