• Friendly reminder: The politics section is a place where a lot of differing opinions are raised. You may not like what you read here but it is someone's opinion. As long as the debate is respectful you are free to debate freely. Also, the views and opinions expressed by forum members may not necessarily reflect those of GBAtemp. Messages that the staff consider offensive or inflammatory may be removed in line with existing forum terms and conditions.

Are you American? Are you circumcized? Then you NEED to watch this

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Any of these can be verified with a simple Google search.

Herpes Contracted During Brit Milah:
June 2012 - http://healthland.time.com/2012/06/...abies-contracted-herpes-through-circumcision/
June 2016 - https://www.jpost.com/Israel-News/Two-recent-cases-herpes-in-babies-following-Brit-Milah-455759

Brain Damage:
https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/blog/moral-landscapes/201501/circumcision-s-psychological-damage
http://circumcision.org/circumcision-permanently-alters-the-brain/

Unfortunately, most deaths from circumcision are recorded as due to stroke or excessive bleeding rather than circumcision, so it's hard to quantify that number. But they do happen all the time, even from circumcisions done in hospitals. A 2010 study by Dan Bollinger is commonly quoted, that estimates an average of 117 babies die every year in the United States due to circumcision.
Well, you provided sources for everything except the HIV thing and I commend you for that. However, that's an extremely low number of cases for herpes, isolated to specific areas. So it's basically as I said: using any certified physician all but eliminates the risk of this type of thing. As to the brain damage thing, it still seems a bit sensationalist, but at least the one opinion paper you linked seems to use legit references instead of just trying to sell a book.

Because circumcision permanently amputates part of their body, and in America is usually done when the child is too young to consent or defend himself.

I consider routine infant circumcision to be nothing less than sexual assault, and should be illegal. Nobody would "look the other way" and continue to allow it to happen if you were to sexually assault a baby, the same should happen for circumcision.

What makes my blood boil is these parents that continue to say "my child, my choice." No, it's not. It's HIS penis, HIS choice!
Up to age 18 or the point of emancipation, a person doesn't really get to make many decisions for themselves. In America at least, they don't have as many rights, either.

Last edited by Xzi,
Reactions: RHOPKINS13

invaderyoyo

invader
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm actually pretty surprised to see so many defending the practice. A part of the penis is permanently removed. A part with a function and nerves. This will affect the person for their entire life.

It's not like an ear piercing where it's completely cosmetic without any real drawbacks. It just sounds, to me, like such a crazy thing to defend.

RHOPKINS13

Geek
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, you provided sources for everything except the HIV thing and I commend you for that. However, that's an extremely low number of cases for herpes, isolated to specific areas. So it's basically as I said: using any certified physician all but eliminates the risk of this type of thing. As to the brain damage thing, it still seems a bit sensationalist, but at least the one opinion paper you linked seems to use legit references instead of just trying to sell a book.

My previous post only mentioned getting HIV and Herpes from the Jewish tradition of Brit Milah, I haven't heard of it happening from other instances and admittedly I can't seem to find any sources regarding HIV currently, so perhaps I am wrong about that.

As far as whether or not sensitivity is affected, I think it's pretty obvious that it's somehow affected in one way or another. I implore you to search google images. Compare the glans of a circumcised penis with the glans of an uncut one, you'll notice that the intact one looks smooth and glossy compared to the dried out penis of a circumcised man.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Up to age 18 or the point of emancipation, a person doesn't really get to make many decisions for themselves. In America at least, they don't have as many rights, either.

Genital Autonomy should be recognized as a universal human right for all, regardless of gender, religion, or place of origin.

Circumcision is one of very few forms of child abuse that CPS won't take your kids away for.

JellyPerson

https://discord.gg/BMVma8j
Banned
Trophies
Website
https.htp
XP
Country
Korea, North
Circumcized cocks look gross. They are honestly quite disgusting. My father told me he considered circumsizing me when I was an infant, but he decided not to. Thanks, dad.

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Genital Autonomy should be recognized as a universal human right for all, regardless of gender, religion, or place of origin.
I don't have an issue with that stance. It's just kind of in a limbo between a political thing, a cultural thing, and a religious thing, so I'm uncertain on how you'd even start the push for that. It's also kinda low on the list of problems in the US all things considered, even despite the passion it might inspire from some people.

Last edited by Xzi,

SG854

Hail Mary
Trophies
XP
Country
Congo, Republic of the
Even if they don't have many rights till 18 many countries should have the right to body integrity. Imagine using that argument on FGM. Females have no rights till 18 so lets slice up their body parts. People would think your crazy.

I've finished the video now and FGM and Male Circumcision are identical. They both were intended to mark people like cattle, both have origins in a blood sacrifice ritual, both used to reduce sexual pleasure. And if you read this paper by the Dutch http://www.circumstitions.com/Docs/KNMG-policy.pdf
they found no convincing evidence that circumcision is useful or necessary in prevention and hygiene.

They also list negatives of circumcision that are common complication like bleeding, infections, meatus stenosis (narrowing of the urethra) and panic attacks.

They are planning to ban circumcision in many countries. But there are resistance from Jewish and Islamic groups. They complain that they are putting Anti Semitic and Anti Islam policies if they prevent them from performing the most essential part of their religion, and they should have the right to Religious Freedom. Human rights groups are fighting against this by saying the Right to Body Integrity trumps the Right to Religious Freedom. We wouldn't allow them to use that argument for FGM so why let them use it for Male Circumcision.

If we give them the Right to Religious Freedom to circumcise their child, we are taking away from the child's right to religious freedom by leaving a permanent scar/marking on their body. Many children don't follow their parents beliefs so its not not right to leave a marking of a religious cult they may not want to be a part of when they grow up. So they are violating 2 human rights. The right to a child's religious freedom and their right to body integrity.

Last edited by SG854,

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Because I’ll trust the guy on YouTube over medical journals :unsure:

The video feels like that assembly in high school where they tell you sex is bad.
The guy is a Harvard system administrator, informing a live audience with medical journals, motivations, findings, context and evidence for well over an hour. I'll give that a bit more credibility than some years old hyperlinks that are from equally reputable medical journals.

Oh, but feel free to disagree. By the way...would you mind replying to my notion that Europe has more uncircumcised males yet les HIV infections? Heck...if I didn't care about the difference between causation and correlation, I'd say that circumcisions as a baby IMPROVES your chances of HIV**. :)

**if you want, I'll even "prove" it by comparing a uncircumcised group of safe sex practitioners with a bunch of circumcised guys who can't tell a condom from a water balloon. :tpi:

Last edited by Taleweaver,

SG854

Hail Mary
Trophies
XP
Country
Congo, Republic of the
The guy is a Harvard system administrator, informing a live audience with medical journals, motivations, findings, context and evidence for well over an hour. I'll give that a bit more credibility than some years old hyperlinks that are from equally reputable medical journals.

Oh, but feel free to disagree. By the way...would you mind replying to my notion that Europe has more uncircumcised males yet les HIV infections? Heck...if I didn't care about the difference between causation and correlation, I'd say that circumcisions as a baby IMPROVES your chances of HIV**. :)

**if you want, I'll even "prove" it by comparing a uncircumcised group of safe sex practitioners with a bunch of circumcised guys who can't tell a condom from a water balloon. :tpi:
He use to work for Harvard but they fired him over this talk. They called him an Anti Semite which is funny since he's a Jew. And he's a Physicist.
I don't trust medical journals about circumcision from the U.S. since many of them are written by Jews with a huge religious bias. And I look to other countries scientific findings instead. They don't want to put the negatives since people will think their religious practices are barbaric. And their penis cutting and baby penis sucking with their mouths as crazy.

They are convinced by their delusional religion that they are bad people if they don't slice up their child's dick. Sounds very similar to Islamic countries that think they need to cut the females privates. And over there they try to down play the effects of FGM by saying its for health reason, its not that big of a deal, and think people are over reacting. Very similar thinking with Middle East and the U.S. The world thinks Middle East are barbarians for FGM. And guess what. The world thinks the U.S. are barbarians for Male Circumcision. We are alike in this practice.

Last edited by SG854,

brickmii82

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

He's not a doctor. Just on that fact alone, nope. He's just challenging a status quo, due to an anti-religious bias. But go ahead and drink the new kool aid, I don't care. As far as HIV rates, the US has a significantly higher rate of illicit drug use, and ingestion through dirty needles and syringes are common. Europe has way better drug policy.

Reactions: Psionic Roshambo

SG854

Hail Mary
Trophies
XP
Country
Congo, Republic of the
He's not a doctor. Just on that fact alone, nope. He's just challenging a status quo, due to an anti-religious bias. But go ahead and drink the new kool aid, I don't care. As far as HIV rates, the US has a significantly higher rate of illicit drug use, and ingestion through dirty needles and syringes are common. Europe has way better drug policy.
Logical Fallacy! Dismissing his claims simply by saying he isn't a Doctor even though he provided evidence. He did quote actual Doctors. So if your trying to dismiss his claims then your actually trying to dismiss the Doctors he cited. And using your own logic why should they take your criticisms of Doctors when you yourself are not one.

Australia, Iceland, Norway, Sweden, German are trying to limit circumcision.
Germany also ruled that parents can be brought to court for circumcising their child even for religious reasons.
But of course religious groups fought against this. If countries are trying to ban and even charge parents for circumcision it seems like its no small issue.

Even the American AAP says that while there might be potential benefits data is not sufficient to recommend routine neonatal circumcision.
So why circumcise kids and violate their human rights when even America does not recommend routine circumcision.
http://pediatrics.aappublications.org/content/103/3/686.full

Last edited by SG854,
Reactions: comput3rus3r

brickmii82

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Logical Fallacy! Dismissing his claims simply by saying he isn't a Doctor even though he provided evidence. He did quote actual Doctors. So if your trying to dismiss his claims then your actually trying to dismiss the Doctors he cited. And using your own logic what right do you have to question those Doctors if you yourself are not one.

Australia, Iceland, Norway, Sweden, German are trying to limit circumcision.
Germany also ruled that parents can be brought to court for circumcising their child even for religious reasons.
But of course religious groups fought against this. If countries are trying to ban and even charge parents for circumcision it seems like its no small issue.

Even the American AAP says that while there might be potential benefits data is not sufficient to recommend routine neonatal circumcision.
So why circumcise kids and violate their human rights when even America does not recommend routine circumcision.
http://pediatrics.aappublications.org/content/103/3/686.full
He cherry picked his evidence to support his claims. Let's lay it out on the table for it to be as plain to see as an apple on a tree on a sunny day. If circumcision wasn't a Jewish tradition, we wouldn't even be having this discussion. It's anti-religion hid behind a claim of scientific basis. Here's the problem, science isn't biased. Clopper is, hence the cherry picking. As far as my inclusion into my logic, where did I make a claim about medicinal knowledge? He's the one making a claim and staking his territory.

Countries are also attempting to ban violent video games. Is that a basis to do so?

Afaik, nothing has changed and many doctors still do recommend circumcision. Well, aside from this guy trying to "destroy the covenant." Again, drink the new kool aid all you want, idc. This is all manufactured outrage imo. To each their own though. If you believe it, cool. Don't do circumcision. If you don't, cool. Do it, idc. I'll personally continue to do whatever my doctor(s) recommend.

invaderyoyo

invader
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
He cherry picked his evidence to support his claims. Let's lay it out on the table for it to be as plain to see as an apple on a tree on a sunny day. If circumcision wasn't a Jewish tradition, we wouldn't even be having this discussion. It's anti-religion hid behind a claim of scientific basis. Here's the problem, science isn't biased. Clopper is, hence the cherry picking. As far as my inclusion into my logic, where did I make a claim about medicinal knowledge? He's the one making a claim and staking his territory.

Countries are also attempting to ban violent video games. Is that a basis to do so?

Afaik, nothing has changed and many doctors still do recommend circumcision. Well, aside from this guy trying to "destroy the covenant." Again, drink the new kool aid all you want, idc. This is all manufactured outrage imo. To each their own though. If you believe it, cool. Don't do circumcision. If you don't, cool. Do it, idc. I'll personally continue to do whatever my doctor(s) recommend.
I completely agree with the last part, when it's with regard to yourself. The problem is the genital mutilation is done to infants who can't stand up for themselves.

wormdood

pirate booty inspector
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's a bit unhealthy to obsess to much over it :P lol
im not i just shared my opinion on the topic . . . i dont preach. if others are silly enough to do this then it should be their own penises not the penises of their kids is my opinion (its not the penis but the lack of decency/respect/rights for our own kin that bothers me)

Reactions: RHOPKINS13

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Keep current Gen consoles stock mod last gen imo