• Friendly reminder: The politics section is a place where a lot of differing opinions are raised. You may not like what you read here but it is someone's opinion. As long as the debate is respectful you are free to debate freely. Also, the views and opinions expressed by forum members may not necessarily reflect those of GBAtemp. Messages that the staff consider offensive or inflammatory may be removed in line with existing forum terms and conditions.

Are you American? Are you circumcized? Then you NEED to watch this

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
He's not a doctor. Just on that fact alone, nope. He's just challenging a status quo, due to an anti-religious bias. But go ahead and drink the new kool aid, I don't care. As far as HIV rates, the US has a significantly higher rate of illicit drug use, and ingestion through dirty needles and syringes are common. Europe has way better drug policy.
Okay...I think this calls for a "let's agree to disagree". The HIV infection rate can certainly be caused by other means, and credibility is something up to par with belief, so this won't work. So...

Agree to disagree? :)

Reactions: brickmii82

MikaDubbz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Tldr

You will be PISSED OFF... Everything we were ever taught about circumcision was a complete lie. None of it is true. It doesn't help prevent diseases, it isn't unhygienic. If you're uncut (NORMAL) dick is dirty then fucking clean it like you're supposed to. It is a religious practice being forced on us all...

Spread this shit. But definitely watch that video. Do not take my word for it. Watch the video and see for yourself. He goes into the entire history of circumcision

No, but it does help avoid the disgusting build up of smegma, no thank you lol.

seren3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The biggest problem with circumcision is not just the sensitivity. A not insignificant amount of babies die as a result of poorly done circumcisions (229 deaths per year, 1.3% of all neonatal deaths in the US). Some circumcisions fail, and leave children with (more improperly) mutilated genitals. The baby also experiences an extremely traumatic shock from literally having part of their cock chopped off. This causes a massive brainwave spike in the parts of the brain that are related to pain and trauma. The baby is experiencing something fucked up, and that trauma has an impact on early life development, usually impacting the baby's first conceptions as to whether or not the world is a safe place to exist in. Receiving such a shock tends to slight them towards believing the world to be an unsafe, scary place with lots of painful things.

sources:
http://www.cirp.org/library/death/
http://www.cirp.org/library/psych/

Reactions: RHOPKINS13

MikaDubbz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I mean, if you never clean your penis, sure.

Well with an uncircumcised penis I've never once seen smegma, yet apparently it can quickly build up under the foreskin for those that aren't, even if you shower as often as every other day. Just glad i don't have to deal with that nonsense at all lol.

Last edited by MikaDubbz,

invaderyoyo

invader
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well with an uncircumcised penis I've never once seen smegma, yet apparently it can quickly build up under the foreskin for those that aren't, even if you shower as often as every other day. Just glad i don't have to deal with that nonsense at all lol.
Idk where you heard that, but if you bathe regularly you'll never have to worry about it.

comput3rus3r

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No, but it does help avoid the disgusting build up of smegma, no thank you lol.

Apparently you've never taken a shower.

Let's pull out our teeth to prevent the build up of plaque.
cut off our ears to prevent build up of ear wax.
cut off our noses to prevent boogers.
how about we kill ourselves to prevent any kind of natural body secretion from occurring...
/s

Last edited by comput3rus3r,
Reactions: vpd and RHOPKINS13

Raverrevolution

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Lol so last night I finally finished watching the entire video, yeah it's 2 hours long so it took me 2 days.

I look back on the pro-circ comments in this thread in amazement, because Eric literally addresses everything to the finest degree. You can tell that anyone who is for it didn't watch the video all the way through because that was so compelling of a speech that I know my mind would have been changed if I was on that side to begin with. It's going to be such a tough battle to correct generations of thought on this stupid myth on mutilation.

To anyone who is for it, get your thought down to the very most basic thing ever, YOU ARE CUTTING PART OF THE PENIS OFF. If the foreskin caused that much of a disadvantage the entire world would be doing it and men's dicks would have evolved to exclude it.

Last edited by Raverrevolution,

comput3rus3r

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Lol so last night I finally finished watching the entire video, yeah it's 2 hours long so it took me 2 days.

I look back on the pro-circ comments in this thread in amazement, because Eric literally addresses everything to the finest degree. You can tell that anyone who is for it didn't watch the video all the way through because that was so compelling of a speech that I know my mind would have been changed if I was on that side to begin with. It's going to be such a tough battle to correct generations of thought on this stupid myth on mutilation.

To anyone who is for it, get your thought down to the very most basic thing ever, YOU ARE CUTTING PART OF THE PENIS OFF. If the foreskin caused that much of a disadvantage the entire world would be doing it and men's dicks would have evolved to exclude it.
you have to understand that it's hard to accept that something traumatic has happened to you and so it's much easier to just rationalize that it's ok. The truth is that there's nothing we can do for the people who have been circumcised. This battle is to save the children who are going to be exposed to this torture.

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
upload_2018-8-3_19-23-20.png

10/10, best thread ever

alexg1989

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For those of you who for some reason still doubt that those with mutilated penis lose sensitivity, I've got a question. Honestly, think about it.

In america, I'm assuming most men are circumcized. So thatears you likely have seen circumcized men walking down the road and at random places.

Have you ever seen a man, as he's going about his business, suddenly recoil in pain and clutch his dick area?

Well, the reason you don't see that is because they've lost so much sensitivity to their penis, that they don't even feel pain when their exposed dick head rubs against the fabric of the clothing they're wearing.

For me, as someone who has a normal penis that was never mutilated, if my foreskin retracts, or if I get a bit of a hardon, enough to retract the skin while I'm still wearing clothes, that fucking shit hurts like a motherfucker. I'm sure other normal dicked men would have similar pain.

comput3rus3r

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For those of you who for some reason still doubt that those with mutilated penis lose sensitivity, I've got a question. Honestly, think about it.

In america, I'm assuming most men are circumcized. So thatears you likely have seen circumcized men walking down the road and at random places.

Have you ever seen a man, as he's going about his business, suddenly recoil in pain and clutch his dick area?

Well, the reason you don't see that is because they've lost so much sensitivity to their penis, that they don't even feel pain when their exposed dick head rubs against the fabric of the clothing they're wearing.

For me, as someone who has a normal penis that was never mutilated, if my foreskin retracts, or if I get a bit of a hardon, enough to retract the skin while I'm still wearing clothes, that fucking shit hurts like a motherfucker. I'm sure other normal dicked men would have similar pain.
honestly the sensitivity issue is the least compelling reason against male genital mutilation. How about we strap these "doctors" to a chair and cut off parts of their skin without anesthesia? It doesn't get more barbaric or ridiculous than that.

Reactions: RHOPKINS13

RHOPKINS13

Geek
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
honestly the sensitivity issue is the least compelling reason against male genital mutilation. How about we strap these "doctors" to a chair and cut off parts of their skin without anesthesia? It doesn't get more barbaric or ridiculous than that.

I for one find it REVOLTING that my parents were able to have me circumcised against my will as an infant, before I even had a chance of defending myself, and faced no repurcussions, yet if I showed up at their house with a handsaw in the middle of the night and force-fed them their own genitals I'd be headed to prison. That's fucked up!

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I for one find it REVOLTING that my parents were able to have me circumcised against my will as an infant, before I even had a chance of defending myself, and faced no repurcussions, yet if I showed up at their house with a handsaw in the middle of the night and force-fed them their own genitals I'd be headed to prison. That's fucked up!
I'm fairly certain that circumcision doesn't entail feeding you your genitals.

There's a lot of issues with circumcision as a whole but the people whose arguments boil down to "yeah well what if i cut their genitals off before them?" aren't helping the debate.

RHOPKINS13

Geek
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No, it doesn't entail feeding you your own genitals, but you're missing my point. My parents had me circumcised (or, better yet, mutilated) as an infant when I couldn't defend myself, and I have zero legal recourse. They robbed me of part of my humanity, they permanently altered the look and function of my genitals, and I will never be able to experience sex the way nature intended it.

And any "fitting" form of revenge I can think of would land me in jail.

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No, it doesn't entail feeding you your own genitals, but you're missing my point. My parents had me circumcised (or, better yet, mutilated) as an infant when I couldn't defend myself, and I have zero legal recourse. They robbed me of part of my humanity, they permanently altered the look and function of my genitals, and I will never be able to experience sex the way nature intended it.

Probably because revenge in general typically lands you in jail. Maybe I'm in the minority here since I don't care about sex at all but I don't see this as that big of a deal.

comput3rus3r

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

the bigger blame falls on our society that normalizes this behavior. Like the video shows if your dad was mutilated then he thinks it's ok. Don't blame your parents so much they thought it was best because this is the lie that is being told.

RHOPKINS13

Geek
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the bigger blame falls on our society that normalizes this behavior. Like the video shows if your dad was mutilated then he thinks it's ok. Don't blame your parents so much they thought it was best because this is the lie that is being told.

If you look at my previous posts, I gave details about my circumcision argument with my parents.

https://gbatemp.net/posts/8182528/
https://gbatemp.net/posts/8182707/

Originally I was willing to forgive my parents, and instead focus my blame on society and the doctors that fail to accurately inform parents of the pros and cons of circumcision. But based mostly on my parents' responses when they found out I was against circumcision, I'm not able to forgive them.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: By then I'll have some little mini pc anyway